Database Suggestions

Please discuss the database in this forum.
higherlimits
Little People

Re: Database Suggestions

Post by higherlimits »

colditz wrote:The Add Ebay Listing option should check to see if the ebay ID has already been added.

otherwise it will skew the avg price fields, etc.

unfortunately, I added an extra 2 listings on the Drakkar Sauna tri-color (one by mistake, the second as a test).

I also assume that the 'listing' tab shows ebay listings that have not yet ended ?
Yeah, the listing tab shows ebay listings that have not yet ended. The sales history has ended ones. We'll have to fix that duplicate auctions thing.

Also, I've deleted the duplicate sales you entered. As long as someone figures out that it's a mistake we can delete them.
colditz
Little Acorn

Post by colditz »

higherlimits wrote:
colditz wrote:The Add Ebay Listing option should check to see if the ebay ID has already been added.

otherwise it will skew the avg price fields, etc.

unfortunately, I added an extra 2 listings on the Drakkar Sauna tri-color (one by mistake, the second as a test).

I also assume that the 'listing' tab shows ebay listings that have not yet ended ?
Yeah, the listing tab shows ebay listings that have not yet ended. The sales history has ended ones. We'll have to fix that duplicate auctions thing.

Also, I've deleted the duplicate sales you entered. As long as someone figures out that it's a mistake we can delete them.
Excellent - thanks... it might also be an idea to (try and) show the ebay ID on the Sales History tab.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Yeah.. I was thinking that more info could be useful but once the auction gets taken off of ebay the listing number will be useless.. I guess it'd be good for a little bit...

I guess the hope is that all the auctions will be entered before they are finished, then you don't have to worry about if it's in the sales history or not.
colditz
Little Acorn

Post by colditz »

higherlimits wrote:Yeah.. I was thinking that more info could be useful but once the auction gets taken off of ebay the listing number will be useless.. I guess it'd be good for a little bit...

I guess the hope is that all the auctions will be entered before they are finished, then you don't have to worry about if it's in the sales history or not.
I'm not sure that we will get many auctions entered before they are finished... I may be wrong, but I just dont think we will.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

yeah, fair enough.. Maybe people should pay attention to the date and amount then ;)

I just added in all the HYFTH handpainted sleeves if anyone else wants to add more.. I only had about 15 of them.. I know that there are more pictures online but I'm too lazy to search for them (ie. tmr.com)
appleblossom
Little Bird

Post by appleblossom »

higherlimits wrote:
appleblossom wrote:I noticed whilst trying to add items to the database that it only appears to accept the original price of items in dollars. As many of the items were originally sold in currencies other than dollars, the GITD London items as an example and the entire XL catalogue, might it be a little more inclusive to maybe accept non U.S items in the currencies they were originally sold in? Also I can't remember or don't know the original price of most of the items which I've bought over several years, which means I can't really enter them onto the data base. Would it be too much trouble for you if people to entered items without knowing the original prices?
Nope, that's fine, just leave it blank if you can't or enter 0.01. As for multiple currencies I don't think that'll work as then you can't really compare the different items. Just use a currency converter online to figure out what it is in USD.
O.K. Thank you. I'll continue adding to the database whenever I can.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

is it possible to edit the listings after they've been made? I've made a listing but can't find a way to edit it...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

candycaneboy03 wrote:is it possible to edit the listings after they've been made? I've made a listing but can't find a way to edit it...
Only the Mods can change it. Just put the change in "Database Corrections" and I'll fix it for you.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Just tried to add something and got SQL errors both times. It was the Blue Orchid 3" record. Which, by the way, I don't know the original cost of so I was gonna put $5.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Can you post the error? It might be that the picture is too big? We'll have to fix that so you know what the error is.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

The first time I did try to put up a picture that was too large and it redirected me back to the upload screen saying the picture was too large. When I tried with the correct size picture I got the error. I just tried again, here's what I got:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Data too long for column 'description' at row 1 [1406]
An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Does that mean I am just putting too much stuff in the description box?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Yeah, I'll get that fixed ASAP. I guess just modify it and I'll let you know when it's fixed.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

That should be fixed tonight..
13lovemusic
Little Cream Soda

Post by 13lovemusic »

Hi, I added some purchases into sales history a few minute ago but then I noticed that it is only for seller. I think that it would be better to change status "sold by" into "sold by/ purchased by" because not each seller adds his sale there. And it is important to have there all available sales. Also I bought L.Marling from ebay but I can add it only like private sales (or do you plan to add ebay sales from third party?). J
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

if you have the ebay item ID you can add it through the 'listings' tab as long as the listing is still on the ebay site. I can change your LMarling purchase to ebay, I'll try to get to it later today, it involves going into the database and changing it.

As for the other issue, Just adding having it say sold by you is fine, It's a common enough issue but as long as the sale is recorded that's fine. Adding in the extra words to the header would double the height of that row.