Rejected/Variant Designs

Our Second Interview with Rob Jones
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Rejected/Variant Designs

Post by kevron6 »

I would like to know if there are any unreleased posters or alternate versions that you have never released?

Some bands reject the occasional design, but that happens less frequently over the years as I gain more understanding of what flies and what doesn’t.

There are some color variants for the 06 Raconteurs posters. I had the printer stick three in each stack sent to a show for shits and giggles, and the rest went to the band (so please no emails asking for them as I have none but my personal copy of each).
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Rejected/Variant Designs

Post by kevron6 »

I had no idea that these variants existed for the 06 Racs poster. Hard to imagine these prints ever surfacing unless a member happened to get one and read this.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Where did he say anything about other variants? I know that there's a New York Variant..
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

As a few words throw the RJ poster completists into a tizzy.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Oh, I just reread Kevin's post.. I thought he said "I had no idea there were color variants thrown in" which confused me since Rob didn't say anything about that in his answer.