Modest Mouse

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
tomhkr
Little Bird

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by tomhkr »

Alabama Woody wrote:Is there a tour planned ?
Not at the moment but with them cancelling their last UK tour they owe us over here!
Back_Fat_Ticklish
Little Bird

Post by Back_Fat_Ticklish »

Modest Mouse is amazing. My personal favorite is Moon and Antarctica, but for any Jack White fan that is not familiar with them, I would say start out with Lonesome Crowded West.

If you like Modest Mouse, check out their frontman Isaac Brock's solo project, Ugly Casanova. Ugly Casanova's debut Sharpen Your Teeth is my favorite release from Isaac Brock.

I would say Jack White is the best musician of our era, but Isaac Brock has my vote for best lyricist of our generation.

Fun Fact:
Isaac Brock and Jack White were born on the same day. July 9, 1975.
Should be declared a national holiday IMO.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Four Modest Mouse LPs for $74.99 on Popmarket today

https://www.popmarket.com/popmarket/det ... d=72471906
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Back_Fat_Ticklish wrote:Modest Mouse is amazing. My personal favorite is Moon and Antarctica, but for any Jack White fan that is not familiar with them, I would say start out with Lonesome Crowded West.

If you like Modest Mouse, check out their frontman Isaac Brock's solo project, Ugly Casanova. Ugly Casanova's debut Sharpen Your Teeth is my favorite release from Isaac Brock.

I would say Jack White is the best musician of our era, but Isaac Brock has my vote for best lyricist of our generation.

Fun Fact:
Isaac Brock and Jack White were born on the same day. July 9, 1975.
Should be declared a national holiday IMO.

Completely agree with you on Isaac Brock being the best lyricist of our generation. He paints pictures with his lyrics that no one else can. He was writing and singing about abandon shopping malls and the paving of the world before anyone else really started talking about it.

The thing about modest mouse is when you hear it you know its modest mouse. There isn't a band out there that sounds like modest mouse.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Tickets for their STL show go on sale in 10 minutes...Im ready.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

If anyone is interested in the Music On Vinyl Moon & Antarctica CLEAR vinyl anniversary edition then let me know.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Well they still sound good live. And play a nice set as well.

**As in they put together a nice spectrum of their music into their set.