White Fence

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
Hair
Little Acorn

Re: White Fence

Post by Hair »

Hermit on Holiday is out today! I was thinking of heading up the road to Origami vinyl to pick up a copy but they've closed the store in preparation of FYF.

I also noticed the bandcamp has an additional single available to order as well, has there been any sign of the 7"s on U.S. soil?
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Hair wrote:Hermit on Holiday is out today! I was thinking of heading up the road to Origami vinyl to pick up a copy but they've closed the store in preparation of FYF.

I also noticed the bandcamp has an additional single available to order as well, has there been any sign of the 7"s on U.S. soil?
hoping they'll have copies when they play the echo
houses are full of things that gather dust
NutritionalSprite
Little Bird

Story of a White FenceT-Shirt

Post by NutritionalSprite »

Unable to hunt down a WHITE FENCE T-Shirt to wear, and spread the good word.... I had my brother make me an "I <3 W.F." T-Shirt in the style of a typical"I <3 New York" T-shirt. I wore it when we went to NYC to see Thee Oh Sees... and was lucky enough to meet John Dwyer outside the Bowery Ballroom and get a couple records signed, and get in on a group selfie. John Dwyer saw my shirt and said " I got to get a picture of your shirt and send it to Tim... He's in Europe right now" That was pretty damn cool... But the T-shirt had more experiences awaiting.

My girlfriend and I went to see The Growlers in Ithica NY on Oct.4th. I wanted to wear my Thee Oh Sees shirt that I got at the show mentioned above.... but alas it was in the hamper. So I threw on the White Fence shirt, and we made the hour trek to Ithica. When we arrived at the venue (a little early) We saw Brooks Nielsen getting off the tour bus... So I left the car running in the parking lot, and approached Brooks with a record to be signed. He was very friendly, and happy to oblige. He saw my "I <3 W.F." T-Shirt and said "We have a member of White Fence with us tonight"... I said, "Well, it can't be Tim because he's touring with Drinks" and he replied, "Nick Murray is playing drums with us tonight." "Awesome!" I said. I shook Brooks hand, and thanked him for the autograph, and asked if he minded if I hung around to get Nick's autograph. He said... "Go right in through the back door there...he's setting up" I went through the back door and Nick was eating. I apologized for interrupting his meal...and right when he saw my shirt, he said, "No way... Did you meet Dwyer a few weeks ago?".... I said "Yeah in NYC" He said "Hold on" (still chewing) and took out his phone. He took a picture of the shirt which I can only assume he planned on sending to John Dwyer and Tim. I didn't have any White Fence items for him to sign... So I had him sign the shirt. (He signed it "Nicky Murder Sticks") I am seeing Drinks in NYC Saturday... I hope to get Tim to sign the shirt too.... and then I will retire it. Pretty cool story for a 4.00 T-shirt and a little fabric paint. :-)
NutritionalSprite
Little Bird

Going to see DRINKS 10/10/15 - Bringing my 12 year old son. We're both psyched!!!!! :-)
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Re: Story of a White FenceT-Shirt

Post by Hamptonio »

NutritionalSprite wrote:Unable to hunt down a WHITE FENCE T-Shirt to wear, and spread the good word.... I had my brother make me an "I <3 W.F." T-Shirt in the style of a typical"I <3 New York" T-shirt. I wore it when we went to NYC to see Thee Oh Sees... and was lucky enough to meet John Dwyer outside the Bowery Ballroom and get a couple records signed, and get in on a group selfie. John Dwyer saw my shirt and said " I got to get a picture of your shirt and send it to Tim... He's in Europe right now" That was pretty damn cool... But the T-shirt had more experiences awaiting.

My girlfriend and I went to see The Growlers in Ithica NY on Oct.4th. I wanted to wear my Thee Oh Sees shirt that I got at the show mentioned above.... but alas it was in the hamper. So I threw on the White Fence shirt, and we made the hour trek to Ithica. When we arrived at the venue (a little early) We saw Brooks Nielsen getting off the tour bus... So I left the car running in the parking lot, and approached Brooks with a record to be signed. He was very friendly, and happy to oblige. He saw my "I <3 W.F." T-Shirt and said "We have a member of White Fence with us tonight"... I said, "Well, it can't be Tim because he's touring with Drinks" and he replied, "Nick Murray is playing drums with us tonight." "Awesome!" I said. I shook Brooks hand, and thanked him for the autograph, and asked if he minded if I hung around to get Nick's autograph. He said... "Go right in through the back door there...he's setting up" I went through the back door and Nick was eating. I apologized for interrupting his meal...and right when he saw my shirt, he said, "No way... Did you meet Dwyer a few weeks ago?".... I said "Yeah in NYC" He said "Hold on" (still chewing) and took out his phone. He took a picture of the shirt which I can only assume he planned on sending to John Dwyer and Tim. I didn't have any White Fence items for him to sign... So I had him sign the shirt. (He signed it "Nicky Murder Sticks") I am seeing Drinks in NYC Saturday... I hope to get Tim to sign the shirt too.... and then I will retire it. Pretty cool story for a 4.00 T-shirt and a little fabric paint. :-)
i love this!
thanks for sharing such a kick-ass story!
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
NutritionalSprite
Little Bird

:thumbup: Happy to share! And here's an update.... We saw Drinks (Tim Presley + Cate Le Bon) in NY and my 12 year old son spotted Tim and Cate at the bar. I tried to express to Tim that I would stand his "For the Recently Found Innocent" record up against any record in Rock N Roll History! But it was loud in there...and I felt a little Star-struck meeting the man who's music has been flooring me for quite a while. He signed a 7" for my son, and I got a few albums signed by Cate + Tim... and of course got the shirt signed.

The show was amazing!!! They rocked out! I hope they will make another record together..... Now my 12 year old son has a crush on Cate Le Bon. (I guess he is over Clara from the band First Aid Kit) :roll:
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

NutritionalSprite wrote:. . . I would stand his "For the Recently Found Innocent" record up against any record in Rock N Roll History!
I will say this——it's certainly one of the very best records of the last decade. Just for sake of comparison with this forum's other main loves, I think it's better than any JW solo record and better than any Ty LP other than Sleeper and Manipulator. It's a great great album.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
NutritionalSprite
Little Bird

woodisgood: Yeah man! It's a damn good record. I love the way the mood shifts throughout.... "Arrow Man" "Wolf Gets Red Faced" "Like That" Completely solid all the way through.

It's been a while since it was released, but I still find myself listening to it a bunch... Sometimes more than once in a day. Sounds so good LOUD! :clap:
NutritionalSprite
Little Bird

New professionally shot video on Youtube of DRINKS playing "She Walks So Fast"
:arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhAm2nMqQrs
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

NutritionalSprite wrote:New professionally shot video on Youtube of DRINKS playing "She Walks So Fast"
:arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhAm2nMqQrs
awesome!
NutritionalSprite
Little Bird

DRINKS 10-10-15 @ Baby's Alright - Brooklyn NY
resize 1.jpg
resize2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NutritionalSprite
Little Bird

I figured I'd post this here because the "ISO" forum here seems like it is for White Stripes or Third Man Records items.

I am ISO:

White Fence - Live in LA Cassette
any White Fence 7" (besides Pink Gorilla + Green Balloon)
any posters ....shirts.... stickers... set-lists... magazine clippings (anything really)
The Fall - Reformation Post LP
any Nerve Agents on vinyl
Drinks - 7"s

Also any THE MALLARD odd ball items

have lots to trade...or $
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

Pics look good! I need to grab tickets for the LA show next month.

Also good luck with your search, I still need a copy of Live in LA to round out my collection but haven't really had the money to throw $50ish at a cassette when it was available. On a similar note I have a couple of White Fence setlists, my favourite is one that was written on a paper plate, after the show I asked Tim if I could grab it and he said "I was gonna eat off that!" and seemed stoked to chat, nice guy.

Anyone know what the deal with WF merch is? Been to several shows in LA and I've never encountered a shirt though I could have sworn Tim posted a design to FB once but I can't find that anymore.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Hair wrote:Pics look good! I need to grab tickets for the LA show next month.

Also good luck with your search, I still need a copy of Live in LA to round out my collection but haven't really had the money to throw $50ish at a cassette when it was available. On a similar note I have a couple of White Fence setlists, my favourite is one that was written on a paper plate, after the show I asked Tim if I could grab it and he said "I was gonna eat off that!" and seemed stoked to chat, nice guy.

Anyone know what the deal with WF merch is? Been to several shows in LA and I've never encountered a shirt though I could have sworn Tim posted a design to FB once but I can't find that anymore.
I bought a WF shirt a couple years ago when he played the Troub 2 nights in a row. Other than that he was selling mini posters for the Echo record release show of Recently Found.. but that's been the extent of WF merch that I've seen, but Tim's always down to sign a record which is cool :D
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

Oh yeah, my girlfriend grabbed me one of those posters! (#21 I think) I should get around to framing + hanging it somewhere.