White Fence

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
Melon
Little Ghost

Re: White Fence

Post by Melon »

I did! thanks for that link. Super jealous of that signed Drinks record :thumbup:
houses are full of things that gather dust
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Errrrr . . . WHAT is that action figure?!?
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
mprogram
Little Bird

Post by mprogram »

That action figure is amazing! It even has Tim's custom pickups on the little guitar! Have you ever sent him a picture of that??
NutritionalSprite
Little Bird

Post by NutritionalSprite »

My brother made me the action figure for Christmas... He's a talented dude. He just did a painting of the entire Elephant 6 collective (apples in stereo... neutral milk hotel... of montreal.. Olivia tremor control.. Essex green ... etc,) There's 30-something portraits in he painting...and some other E-6 obsurdness :clap: He is going down to Athens Pop Fest to present it to someone I think. he's been in contact w/ Robert Schneider from Apples about presenting it during Athens Pop Fest.

He did send a picture of the action figure to Tim via T.P's facebook. Tim's mom wanted one. tim wrote that he was honored.
I want him to make me John Dwyer next...with his clear SG. :shock:

So does everyone else here F'n love the Drinks record? can't wait to hear the new one. Anyone know any benefits of preordering it... or is it pretty much just a straight forward pay now, and get it a few days earlier than release?
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

Generally there's no real benefit to pre-ordering from DC.

The only recent coloured presses I can recall were Hair (white vinyl) and Manipulator (red and later orange vinyl) and even then pre-ordering early didn't guarantee you the coloured wax.

Also I've had Drag City pre-orders come late / after the release date so usually I'll just pick up DC LPs from my local record store or at a show.
NutritionalSprite
Little Bird

Thanks... good to know. I'll just pick it up on the release date at Redscroll. (my local record store) I picked up Cate Le Bon's Crab Day LP the day it came out. Feels good going to the store to get it on release day.
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

Cate Le Bon and Tim are recording "Drinks Two" in France according to her Instagram.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Hair wrote:Cate Le Bon and Tim are recording "Drinks Two" in France according to her Instagram.
saw that! super stoked. I wonder if White Fence is dead?
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

WF is playing Woodsist fest at the end of the month and Desert Daze in October, hopefully Tim is just taking some time off while he reaps inspiration from elsewhere / other projects.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

http://feelingphysical.bigcartel.com/

Coming soon "MUSH" book of drawings by Tim Presley. Edition of 200. 6x8, 84 pages. I was under the impression there was a poetry project coming as well... same thing? got scrapped? A separate project?

Also coming soon two pins based on Tim's drawings.
NutritionalSprite
Little Bird

Yay!! Drinks 2.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

anybody have any scoop on drinks 2?
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

Not me, I did however happen to catch White Fence at the Getty Museum this past Saturday and it was awesome. Surprisingly the majority of the set came from Family Perfume vol. 1 & 2 (+ a few tracks from S/T, Is Growing Faith and Tim's solo record), the highlight was definitely Be At Home (never thought I'd see that one live) and It Will Never Be as a closer.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

New Drinks coming at us 4/20

lead single Real Outside+ blurbs from Tim & Cate: https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/02/ ... ippo-lite/

Pretty excited about this one!