Eagles of Death Metal

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
nrssab
Little Acorn

Re: Eagles of Death Metal

Post by nrssab »

Beautiful photos!

Thanks for sharing.

The first five minutes of the show also looked thrilling, one can see how nervous and emotional Jesse is. I'm eager to see the complete documentary and hope the full concert is featured. I'm asking myself if one will be able to buy the documentary as well, would be nice seeing some of the money going into helping the victims and the people at the Bataclan. Such a nice Venue I hope they get it up and running again soon and that it will still be as sought after as before.
"If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall".
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Tidal's latest newsletter included a link to an interview with EODM-- http://read.tidal.com/article/back-in-t ... -the-stage
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

nrssab wrote:Beautiful photos!

Thanks for sharing.

The first five minutes of the show also looked thrilling, one can see how nervous and emotional Jesse is. I'm eager to see the complete documentary and hope the full concert is featured. I'm asking myself if one will be able to buy the documentary as well, would be nice seeing some of the money going into helping the victims and the people at the Bataclan. Such a nice Venue I hope they get it up and running again soon and that it will still be as sought after as before.

All I know at the moment is that it will be aired on a music channel in France on March 19th. It would be very cool if they sold it...even just sold digital downloads. I would love to have a copy of the show. It would for sure be a nice way to raise money for victims and charity.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:Tidal's latest newsletter included a link to an interview with EODM-- http://read.tidal.com/article/back-in-t ... -the-stage
Cool. I will read this later when I have some time.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Man you've been to a ton of concerts but this has to be high on the epic level !
What an experience. Thanks for sharing !
Great pictures and story !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:Man you've been to a ton of concerts but this has to be high on the epic level !
What an experience. Thanks for sharing !
Great pictures and story !
The only show I would put above this one was Neil Young at Massey Hall in Toronto a few years ago. Not only is he one of the greatest musicians alive (IMO) but that venue is one of the nicest I've ever been to and very iconic for him. The concert was also a protest to the Canadian government and had a really great atmosphere around it as well. It was just Neil and a bunch of acoustic guitars. Not sure anything will ever top it...this was close those. Would say Jack's WFR would round out the top 3 just because I ended up with the pick he used to set the record and Ikey gave it to me personally and just really cool to see Jack in that small of a venue now days.
Last edited by arewhyehen on Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Neil Young during the LeNoise Tour at The Ryman is my favorite with JW WFR way up there as well. You got good taste :-)
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:Tidal's latest newsletter included a link to an interview with EODM-- http://read.tidal.com/article/back-in-t ... -the-stage
Finally sat down and read this. Not a bad article. I like the story about how the name and the band came about.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Frustrating....

He was really drunk when he hurt his finger in Paris... I know a lot of people (including me) just from the Paris show who are traveling to Lisbon and other shows just to see them...A lot of money wasted.

http://pitchfork.com/news/63786-eagles- ... to-injury/
The band's post reads:

Eagles of Death Metal has regrettably been forced to cancel the remainder of their European tour due to founder Jesse Hughes tearing a tendon in his finger. Hughes has tried to play through the injury during the current tour, but doctors have advised that the only way to properly heal it is to stop playing now, or risk further injury and having to cancel several weeks worth of shows. Said Hughes: “I’m devastated that we cannot continue what has been a life-changing return to Europe, but I need to get repaired so we can continue to play rock music around this beautiful world, including coming back to Europe even stronger in the summer.” EODM will be cancelling the last eight shows of their current European run.

Eagles of Death Metal:

02-27 Treviso, Italy - New Age
02-28 Turin, Italy - 10100
02-29 Rome, Italy - Orion
03-02 Nimes, France - La Paloma
03-03 Barcelona, Spain - Apolo
03-04 Madrid, Spain - Joy Eslava
03-05 Lisbon, Portugal - Coliseum
03-07 Lille, France - Le Splendid
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

http://uptobox.com/rstso0pj1n0z

That is a link to the broadcast version of the EODM concert in Paris on February 16th. Too bad they had to cut out so much to get it down to 90 minutes. Pretty much all of the interaction with the crowd between songs, as well as some guitar solos from Dave and Jesse and a bunch of other things. Still a really good show though...man were they ever drunk..

I do believe there is still a documentary coming out that will include interviews with the band and Bataclan survivors. Hopefully that will have the entire show..
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

Looks like Thelma and The Sleaze who played a show in the Nashville TMR storefront in Feb will be opening for EODM for some dates on an upcoming tour
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dcmak5 wrote:Looks like Thelma and The Sleaze who played a show in the Nashville TMR storefront in Feb will be opening for EODM for some dates on an upcoming tour

Cool! You got a link to what dates?
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

Sorry my phone won't copy and paste the text for some reason, but it was announced by Thelma And The Sleaze via facebook

Looks like they're on all the dates between 5/10 and 6/5
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dcmak5 wrote:Sorry my phone won't copy and paste the text for some reason, but it was announced by Thelma And The Sleaze via facebook

Looks like they're on all the dates between 5/10 and 6/5
Ahh damn! My girlfriend is going to see EODM again on May 4th. Just short of the start..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/bataclan-re ... -1.3533580

Bataclan set to reopen in November 2016. There are already shows lined up, but no mention of EODM. They listed one of the shows on November 16, so I wonder if EODM will be the first band to open the venue back up on November 13th, the 1 year anniversary? I want to be there..