Marilyn Manson

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Re: Marilyn Manson

Post by candycaneboy03 »

now i know what my one mission for tomorrow is......man, i really can't wait to have this album on vinyl...then i'll just need a copy of holywood and i'm content....
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
cheeseprocedure
Little Acorn

Post by cheeseprocedure »

candycaneboy03 wrote:now i know what my one mission for tomorrow is......man, i really can't wait to have this album on vinyl...then i'll just need a copy of holywood and i'm content....
Holywood and Lest We Forget are the last 2 of his that I need. I only really need LWF because it has Long Hard Road Out Of Hell on it. Good luck at your HT tomorrow! Let us know if they got some in. Hopefully I can snag one sooner than later, lol.
cheeseprocedure
Little Acorn

Pretty sure I posted this a while back in the recent acquisitions thread but forgot to share it here too. I was lucky enough to buy a corset from Pogo/ Madonna Wayne Gayce a few months ago. He designed it and wore it in the Mechanical Animals era... You can see a picture of him wearing it next to it in the frame. It is signed on the front and inside (to make sure it had a good signature he said :D ) and came with a hand written not signed Pogo, MWG, and Stephen Bier. This is by far one of the rarest and coolest things in my collection!

hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

shit, i'm gonna have to check the hot topics around here to see if they have that in.
he's gonna be in town Saturday night, and i'm finally going to see him. it'll be my first time. I never got a chance to see him when I was younger, and super into him. and have missed out on the last couple of years he's been here. Every time other shit ends up interfering on the day of his shows....NOT THIS TIME!!
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

hxcoliver wrote:shit, i'm gonna have to check the hot topics around here to see if they have that in.
he's gonna be in town Saturday night, and i'm finally going to see him. it'll be my first time. I never got a chance to see him when I was younger, and super into him. and have missed out on the last couple of years he's been here. Every time other shit ends up interfering on the day of his shows....NOT THIS TIME!!
I saw him here on January 30th. Far exceeded my expectations. Loved the show. As long as the venue is the same size (or smaller) next time, I'll be going again.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Saw him at a Halloween show for the Golden Age of Grotesque Tour, it was awesome. S.T.U.N. opened up and really enjoyed their set as well. After that show I actually had the opportunity to go with the band to the VooDoo Festival as they need some extra stage hands, but the timing wasn't good for me (stupid timing.)
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
cheeseprocedure
Little Acorn

I have been meaning to see him again someday. Ive only seen him once back on the Lest We Forget tour in St Louis... and he blew some goats that night... figuratively not literally :lol: . I was a HUGE Manson fan up until Golden Age and that album was so so... between his live performance and the album after LWF I kinda lost interest in modern Manson. His newest album is actually pretty good though and I have heard that his live show has gotten better again. When I saw him he seemed really distracted by being pissed at someone off stage and the show really suffered because of it. My friend has seen him twice recently and said the first time rocked but the second time he got the same vibe Ive been telling him about. The only reason why I havent seen him lately is due to him touring with bands I really dont care too see like Slayer or bands like Zombie where I really am indifferent (past beef with him) and they just jack up the ticket price. That and I dont really want to drive 6 hours again to possibly see him do a bad show.We moved to Omaha thinking hey... bands would actually come to where we live now... and we wont have to drive so we can start just chancing shows... NOPE... No "good" bands come through Omaha... none that I care to go see anyway :lol: . I am always traveling to Kansas City or Minneapolis to see the bands I want. Anyway... I hope your guys's shows kick some ass! Be sure to comeback and rub it in my face that I need to see him again!

Side note: When I saw him, Twiggy still hadnt came back which probably effected the show in my eyes. I have always been a huge Twiggy fan and was pretty bummed he wasnt going to be there. Plus the fans that showed up were a bunch of raver kids that acted like they had no clue what the words to any of his songs were. The crowd can definitely have an impact on a show.
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

yeah i've seen a couple of live recent videos and the shows seem pretty awesome. i stopped caring about him when Eat Me Drink Me came out. i thought it was pretty terrible, never gave The High End of Low a listen, but was really curious when Born Villain came out. i've only listened to it once and it sounded pretty good. guess i should actually buy it and listen to it more. i would have loved to have seen him in his glory days, but i was a bit too young to be allowed to go to a show like that.
i'm really looking forward to going on Saturday. i just tried to buy my ticket and realized that GA is sold out, so i'm gonna start checking craigslist and such to see if anyone is selling GA tickets, or i would imagine walking straight into the floor section wouldn't be hard at all. it's at the House of Blues, so it's a pretty small venue
Elwood
Little Cream Soda

Post by Elwood »

For those of you, who would like to order the reissue of Antichrist Superstar online, here you go:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/HTBran ... 354981.jsp

I have no doubt that this will become my personal "Vinyl of the Year"!
cheeseprocedure
Little Acorn

Elwood wrote:For those of you, who would like to order the reissue of Antichrist Superstar online, here you go:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/HTBran ... 354981.jsp

I have no doubt that this will become my personal "Vinyl of the Year"!

THANK YOU! :o How did you run across this? Ive been searching and checking new arrivals all day and it never popped up. I got a copy ordered and hope that they still have more when I can afford a backup copy. Im sure it will sound so much better than my picture disc version and I can put those away for safe keeping now :D .
Elwood
Little Cream Soda

Post by Elwood »

cheeseprocedure wrote: THANK YOU! :o How did you run across this? Ive been searching and checking new arrivals all day and it never popped up. I got a copy ordered and hope that they still have more when I can afford a backup copy. Im sure it will sound so much better than my picture disc version and I can put those away for safe keeping now :D .
I wasn't able to find it through the hottopic.com search either. However, a quick google search of "Manson AND Hottopic" revealed a direct link...
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

"this seller does not accept payment from non-US PayPal accounts." :(

Can some one grab this for me and I'll PayPal you the money? I have an America address youcan use for shipping.

Please PM if you can help me. Thanks.
cheeseprocedure
Little Acorn

Just got my sold out message :x
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

That's horseshit. It wouldn't let me buy it cause I didn't have a us PayPal account.

Hopefully someone here would still be kind enough to pick one up for me if they're heading into a Hot Topic for themselves.
Elwood
Little Cream Soda

Post by Elwood »

cheeseprocedure wrote:Just got my sold out message :x
Same here! Just bought a copy on ebay, though. A little more pricy (I paid 50 $), but at this point, I don't want to to risk anything...