Marilyn Manson

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Marilyn Manson

Post by candycaneboy03 »

Really don't want to clog up the Recent Acquisition thread...so this was much needed.....
cheeseprocedure wrote:We may want to open an official Manson thread but beings there isnt one yet I figured I'd post here where all the discussion has been...

Randomly looking into some of my collection I found that the Saint dvd that came with my Lest We Forget pre orders is (at least on discogs) going for an INSANE $500! I know this is just the asking price but I cant find any other comp value on it. I was wondering if anyone around here had one or knew why it would be selling for so much. With this said... I would totally be down for swapping or selling if someone wanted it...

Here is a link to it on discogs so you can see the asking price.... I just wonder how many are out there and what makes this guy think its worth that kind of cash...

http://www.discogs.com/Marilyn-Manson-s ... ase/542296
Holy fuck that's insane....then again, i never even knew that they released a dvd of it...oh wait, shit..yeah i do. I remember i was so fuckin gutted that my copy of lest we forget wouldn't be coming with that Saint Dvd.... I always thought that the Saint video would come within the dvd of the videos anyways..
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
cheeseprocedure
Little Acorn

Re: Marilyn Manson

Post by cheeseprocedure »

So I stole this from Wikipedia
""Saint", stylized as (s)AINT, is a song written by Marilyn Manson in 2003 for the album The Golden Age of Grotesque. Marilyn Manson portrays himself in the music video. The video was shot over a period of two days in November 2003 at the Sunset Tower, a hotel in Los Angeles, California. It was directed by Asia Argento, who guest stars in the video along with Eric Szmanda & former band member Gidget Gein whose "In Case of Emergency Break Heart" sculpture is featured in the video. The sculpture is an edition of three,the one in the video being owned by Asia Argento and the other is owned by artist and friend of Gidget Gein, Damian Crowley and Aaron Partridge.
Along with the release of the album, Lest We Forget, Manson released a single DVD with the uncut, banned from the label, original version of the music video. The only way to receive this though was to order it through Manson's website. It came also with the CD/DVD package. The explicit version of the DVD was released with the (s)AINT video in Australia and Europe. Japan required an edited version of the video due to censorship laws on showing female genitalia in media."
To me it sounds like the record label said no way... way to vulgure... and Manson just included the separate dvd with orders through his site anyway. But then again, thats the only info I can really find on it and we all know that everything on Wiki is true, lol. :arrow:

BTW Thanks for creating the thread!
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

cheeseprocedure wrote:So I stole this from Wikipedia
""Saint", stylized as (s)AINT, is a song written by Marilyn Manson in 2003 for the album The Golden Age of Grotesque. Marilyn Manson portrays himself in the music video. The video was shot over a period of two days in November 2003 at the Sunset Tower, a hotel in Los Angeles, California. It was directed by Asia Argento, who guest stars in the video along with Eric Szmanda & former band member Gidget Gein whose "In Case of Emergency Break Heart" sculpture is featured in the video. The sculpture is an edition of three,the one in the video being owned by Asia Argento and the other is owned by artist and friend of Gidget Gein, Damian Crowley and Aaron Partridge.
Along with the release of the album, Lest We Forget, Manson released a single DVD with the uncut, banned from the label, original version of the music video. The only way to receive this though was to order it through Manson's website. It came also with the CD/DVD package. The explicit version of the DVD was released with the (s)AINT video in Australia and Europe. Japan required an edited version of the video due to censorship laws on showing female genitalia in media."
To me it sounds like the record label said no way... way to vulgure... and Manson just included the separate dvd with orders through his site anyway. But then again, thats the only info I can really find on it and we all know that everything on Wiki is true, lol. :arrow:

BTW Thanks for creating the thread!
Good info to know, the info on discogs says the same. Man, i really wish i was more of a collector or just plain savvy with online buying back in my mid-late teens.

Then again, i got to meet the band back at their GAOG release signing back in 03.....think that was my first real act of fanatacism. Waited 7+ hours in line, they all signed the back cd insert.

Is it bad that i really love that video? its just about absolute carnage and all that stuff (can't find the word i'm looking for) in one.

wow, i had no idea that G.G. appears in the video. Always nice to see old members and shit i think.

I think i might settle for a Back To Black reissue of M.A. because not sure if i feel like forking over close to/over triple digits for the blue and white press. Oh which reminds me, i have something for you.

Pm'd you.

oh and sometimes don't you wish John5 would come back?
cheeseprocedure
Little Acorn

That would have been cool... I would still love to meet him someday but he keeps touring with people I dont like or when I just cant afford it. Im trying to get caught up on his records but they are so expensive! Ive toyed with throwin the Saint dvd on ebay and using what it sells for to buy his vinyl. I just cant imagine it actually selling for that kind of cash though. Im still behind on Nine Inch Nails vinyl... I really want to get the Fragile but it always seems to elude me. :cry:

Back onto Manson though... are there any other cool oddities you know about? My friend from back home has a God of Fxck box set that I've been drooling over for the past 15 years. She says she will offer it to me first if she ever wants to sell it... I just hope she actually does, lol.
Elwood
Little Cream Soda

Post by Elwood »

cheeseprocedure wrote:That would have been cool... I would still love to meet him someday but he keeps touring with people I dont like or when I just cant afford it. Im trying to get caught up on his records but they are so expensive!

I was seriously considering to purchase VIP tickets for the upcoming "Twins of Evil" tour, but they were sold out instantly... Well, good for my wallet, I guess. Anyways, been a big Manson Fan since the ACSS days and have seen them live three times.
I'm totally looking forward to seeing them again in a couple of weeks, particularly since their stage theatrics (from the Tryptich tours) are back!

For some odd reason I never got into their vinyl releases until more recently. I started my collection with a sealed first press of Mechanical Animals, the Born Villain Double LP and the Record Store Day 7" of No Reflection. I'm sure, the other releases will follow sooner or later.
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

I like a few of his songs. Some killer ones with great videos.

A few years ago I bought a set of 28 Print Mafia posters of his tour. Some stunners and some that I would never have on my wall. The whole set and the history behind the posters is on this website. Go check it! http://www.nachtkabarett.com/eatmedrink ... ourposters

The 5 pink ladies (Marilyn, Twiggy, Sharon Tate, Mia Farrow and the Black Dahlia) are my favourites.
ImageImageImageImage

The murderer portion also has some interesting ones.
ImageImageImageImage

Somehow, sometime I lost one of the posters. Yep. I have pulled them out maybe six times in the three years I have had them and they are kept in the same packaging. Hitler is missing. Don't know how I lost him or where he went. Funnily enough I would have framed that one, but not the G.W Bush one. Go figure.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

Tonic&Gin wrote:I like a few of his songs. Some killer ones with great videos.

A few years ago I bought a set of 28 Print Mafia posters of his tour. Some stunners and some that I would never have on my wall. The whole set and the history behind the posters is on this website. Go check it! http://www.nachtkabarett.com/eatmedrink ... ourposters

The 5 pink ladies (Marilyn, Twiggy, Sharon Tate, Mia Farrow and the Black Dahlia) are my favourites.
ImageImageImageImage

The murderer portion also has some interesting ones.
ImageImageImageImage

Somehow, sometime I lost one of the posters. Yep. I have pulled them out maybe six times in the three years I have had them and they are kept in the same packaging. Hitler is missing. Don't know how I lost him or where he went. Funnily enough I would have framed that one, but not the G.W Bush one. Go figure.
oh man, i completely had forgotten about these...i might give a nut for a whole set.....or a shitload of money i don't have. or maybe i'm just talking crazy...

i remember these were hotcakes when they were first released.....i think...or at least some of them were... its weird, i'm not a big fan of the color/effect? (not the word i'm looking for but it'll do) of these but i still love them and the designs plenty...

haha...after seeing the hitler/bush mugs on the prints again....haha...i completely agree about willing to frame hitlers instead of bush's..... creeps me the fuck out.....
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

so in case nobody heard/read the pre-orders section.... here's a link to some info on Antichrist superstar being repressed on Red Vinyl ala Hot Topic...

now on to other discussion, sparked/reminded by someone else's praise on the theatrics of songs from this album performed live (in the other thread),

I've seen a handful of marilyn shows on dvd boots, and once live, and honestly, i always wondered what's behind his choice of onstage gear.

I know perhaps i'm reading too much into it but stuff like Him on the stilts (i'm sure you MM fans know what i'm talking about) during the nobodies an some other songs, always makes me wonder why the fuckin stilts?

Although, him on the podium for A.S. makes complete sense esp when that's the part where he gets suited up and does his bible ripping bit.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

http://printmafia.net/category/posters

got some more of thoseMM posters up at Print Mafia. expensive ... but just spreading the news.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

candycaneboy03 wrote:so in case nobody heard/read the pre-orders section.... here's a link to some info on Antichrist superstar being repressed on Red Vinyl ala Hot Topic...

now on to other discussion, sparked/reminded by someone else's praise on the theatrics of songs from this album performed live (in the other thread),

I've seen a handful of marilyn shows on dvd boots, and once live, and honestly, i always wondered what's behind his choice of onstage gear.

I know perhaps i'm reading too much into it but stuff like Him on the stilts (i'm sure you MM fans know what i'm talking about) during the nobodies an some other songs, always makes me wonder why the fuckin stilts?

Although, him on the podium for A.S. makes complete sense esp when that's the part where he gets suited up and does his bible ripping bit.
Saw him twice live, once between POAAF & SLC, and once for AS, both times were pretty damn good shows, though the first one was a bit more 'shocking' than the second, which was far more theatrical. And the opening act for AS was very interesting (Rasputina, an all female, 3 or 4 piece, gothic chamber music group)

The podium bit with the Reich reminiscent costuming and The Wall-like performance, followed by dark, a quick set and costume change and then the single spotlight with 'snow' falling over the whole arena was pretty freaking surreal... near the top on my list of best performances/concert moments (right up there with Tom Morello silhouetted by a single spotlight with steam rising up from the sweaty people in the pit and breaking into Bulls On Parade; Billy Joel slinking across two pianos and writhing his crotch in Elton John's face; watching Limp Bizkit get booed off stage; watching a 70 year old James Brown do the splits on stage; hearing tens of thousands of intoxicated hippies sing along to The Dead and not fuck it up; and being front and center for GL&SS in a small club with a crowd of maybe 100)...

The stilts were a carry over from the POAAF days, don't know why he used them, I think he just liked to do weird stuff back then, and then it just became expected of him. Same with the bottle breaking and cutting, and the wedding dress, and the fake fellatio, etc. most of which was borrowed from other acts that came before him...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

selling off my MM t-shirt collection! 20 bones a pop or 3 for $40.

For Sale here-----> http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=7383
HUSTLE AND CUSS
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
Lisa03
Little Bird

Post by Lisa03 »

Just went to his concert Sun. night, great show, my second time seeing him. He played at the same venue that I saw Jack at in Oct.
It's quite possible that I'll find me a good man wearing a tight red t-shirt!
cheeseprocedure
Little Acorn

Copies of the new Antichrist reissue have been hitting random Hot Topics. They are creeping up on ebay at flipper prices but should be around 21.99 in store. I dont think these will be more than $50 records after all is said and done mainly because there are 1500 of them that were pressed... so try not to jump the gun and get one of the first on ebay (looking at the clear Deftones album for comparison). Your best bet is to call your Hot Topic and ask if they have gotten them in... ours hasnt but said their truck comes in on Tuesdays so check back then. Supposedly they will be available on hottopic.com eventually as well. Ive seen some pics posted online and these look pretty bad ass! :D

Borrowed the pics posted on the other forum so everyone here can see it...

rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

That's a beaut! The Hot topics up here don't carry vinyl so if any kind soul would pick me up a copy of the Antichrist album, I'd really appreciate it. His best album by far.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.