Bob Dylan

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Bob Dylan

Post by Kali Durga »

I just read the first one ^^ and am very, very glad that guy finally got through.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

little late to the news here. this is probably my favorite era of dylan. looks like i'll be spending some $ though

is there a track listing for the deluxe? I'm assuming the 6 CD's is more than enough (an entire CD dedicated to Like A Rolling Stone).. with 18 CD's it's gotta be like multiple multiple takes of every song or something?
houses are full of things that gather dust
Jack Horner
Little Bird

Post by Jack Horner »

Melon wrote:little late to the news here. this is probably my favorite era of dylan. looks like i'll be spending some $ though

is there a track listing for the deluxe? I'm assuming the 6 CD's is more than enough (an entire CD dedicated to Like A Rolling Stone).. with 18 CD's it's gotta be like multiple multiple takes of every song or something?
Track listing for the big set is here:
http://www.bobdylan.com/us/thecuttinged ... acklisting

And yes, lots and lots of takes of the same songs and whatnot, but still pretty interesting. Supposedly every note he recorded in a studio in 1965-66. I don't imagine you listen to it in one sitting, but I always like hearing how songs change and evolve, especially with Dylan. I'll stick with the six disc version though, the big one is a little pricey.
Meg is my favourite.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

thanks for the link! Yea i couple gems i'll be missing but for $600 i think i can skip hearing 10 slightly different takes of every song :lol: .

Anybody know if amazons MP3's are encrypted to certain computers like iTunes MP3's are? Thinking about going 100% digital on this one, if i can put the MP3's on my harddrive and access them from any computer that'd probably be the way to go.
houses are full of things that gather dust
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Import CDs on ebay has Another Self Portrait 3LP/2CD set for $26.84 with free US shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bob-Dylan-Vol-1 ... rmvSB=true