Death From Above

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
rival
Little Ghost

Re: Death From Above 1979

Post by rival »

Striper33 wrote:
rival wrote:I was fortunate enough to catch their secret show on Friday night in Toronto at the old Sonic Boom. It was pretty amazing. My buddy and I were front row right in front of Seb. It was bananas in there. I think I might be getting a little too old for the rail when concerts are that intense. Haha. Here's the only picture I took during the show:

did you rsvp and wait in line at 7? That was a hot ticket.

PS. Their new album sucks dick.
I won tickets through Molson Canadian so I didn't have to wait in that huge line, I was put on the guest list. I walked right up before doors opened and went right in. The other side of the building had a line wrapped around it with people who replied to some Vice Facebook post or something. I don't know but there was easily 500 people in that line and the woman with the clipboard said shed be surprised if 50 people got in from that line.

And I actually like the new album very much. I think they've expanded their song writing. and their music has gotten a lot more full. the raw bass and drums was nice, but this is pretty great too. The tunes sound much heavier live than on the album too.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Was the contest you won from the Facebook/Twitter contest you had to post a photo of a concert moment?
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

arewhyehen wrote:Was the contest you won from the Facebook/Twitter contest you had to post a photo of a concert moment?
I won through Molson Canadian and Adelaide Hall in Toronto. There was a "Facebook/Vice" contest line that was hundreds of people long and then there was our line that was about 6 people. It was "Molson/Band Guest List/Press."
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

Death From Above 1979 Live at Third Man Records
Direct-To-Acetate
July 16th, 2015
Doors/Patio Grill Out at 7pm / Show at 8pm
18+ / $10
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

PugFaceRex wrote:Death From Above 1979 Live at Third Man Records
Direct-To-Acetate
July 16th, 2015
Doors/Patio Grill Out at 7pm / Show at 8pm
18+ / $10

Tickets acquired! So excited to see this!!!!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Anyone going..enjoy yourself. I'm already taking off a week in July so I had to pass. This will be a hell of a show.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

arewhyehen wrote:Anyone going..enjoy yourself. I'm already taking off a week in July so I had to pass. This will be a hell of a show.
Head.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

October marks 10 years since I saw them (Halloween '05 in Nashville with QOTSA and NIN). Couldn't make it to either of the post-reunion Nashville shows. It's going to be a whole lot better in those tight confines. Can't wait.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

ellisintransit wrote:October marks 10 years since I saw them (Halloween '05 in Nashville with QOTSA and NIN). Couldn't make it to either of the post-reunion Nashville shows. It's going to be a whole lot better in those tight confines. Can't wait.
Yeah. I used to see them play at bars for 50-75 people back in the early 2000s before they got big. Since that I have seen them play in venues for thousands and festivals for 10s of thousands. It's always better when there are only a small group of others :)
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Ryan I wish there was a head exploding emoticon, because I bet that's what those shows felt like. You saw them real close for a few of the post-reunion shows too didn't you?
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

dammit. had these in my cart and thought i completed check out but i didn't. guess i'm not road tripping down to TMR for this. if anyone can grab me a poster and/or B&B, i'd be very happy.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

ellisintransit wrote:Ryan I wish there was a head exploding emoticon, because I bet that's what those shows felt like. You saw them real close for a few of the post-reunion shows too didn't you?
Yeah, I saw them play in Hamilton which I believe was their first reunion show. It was to test out their new material. The venue only held about 200-250 people. I waited in the freezing cold to be up front for that. Well worth it.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Who all got tickets for this? I am kicking myself now...If the Canadian Foo Fighters shows get cancelled in early July, I will be using those days off and changing them to the Thursday/Friday for this show and looking for a spare ticket....These guys are up there with Neil and Jack for my favourite artists. YAWIAM is my most spun record, by far.

This show will be magic..
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

arewhyehen wrote:Who all got tickets for this?
I did. Hoping I can actually go, because it seems there's something else going in Nashville that day/week, and hotel prices are through the roof. Maybe I can pitch a tent in the Walk of Fame park or something . .
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Aquamarine wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Who all got tickets for this?
I did. Hoping I can actually go, because it seems there's something else going in Nashville that day/week, and hotel prices are through the roof. Maybe I can pitch a tent in the Walk of Fame park or something . .
You better just sell your tickets to me :)