Radiohead

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
Kaber
Little People

Re: Radiohead

Post by Kaber »

Stl_ben wrote:Its available from almost every online indie store in the US and UK. I have heard pressing numbers of at least 9,000 on it so far. I would guess 10,000 but nothing official saying that.
Based on past experience with radiohead 10k is a low ball number.

The price of the indie version varies from around £20 upwards.

The new album is truly a great album for miserablists. Thom sounds even more depressed than usual if that's possible.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kaber wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Its available from almost every online indie store in the US and UK. I have heard pressing numbers of at least 9,000 on it so far. I would guess 10,000 but nothing official saying that.

The new album is truly a great album for miserablists. Thom sounds even more depressed than usual if that's possible.
Yeah, I just finished giving it my first listen and I was thinking the same thing.. I could only give it one listen. I had to go to something else a little more upbeat after that. I like it, but it's not something I can listen to on repeat like some of my other favourite albums..
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

arewhyehen wrote:
Kaber wrote:

Yeah, I just finished giving it my first listen and I was thinking the same thing.. I could only give it one listen. I had to go to something else a little more upbeat after that. I like it, but it's not something I can listen to on repeat like some of my other favourite albums..
Well I guess I'm a miserablist seeing as I've now played AMSP about 10 times in the past few days...
That being said it's wonderfully composed record. Johnny Greenwood will surely go down in music history as one of the great modern musicians.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Greenwood definitely sounds like he has matured as a composer.
I think If you check out the likes of Erased a Tape records you will find there are other modern composers who can rival him.
I have listened the album half a dozen times myself so am semi miserable
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

If any of you have alead on where to the new 7"...feel free to PM! Been testing the waters locally and they are unsure if/when they will get copies.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

Stl_ben wrote:If any of you have alead on where to the new 7"...feel free to PM! Been testing the waters locally and they are unsure if/when they will get copies.
my local said monday, they ordered 50 copies.
we'll see.
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

ochfish707 wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:If any of you have alead on where to the new 7"...feel free to PM! Been testing the waters locally and they are unsure if/when they will get copies.
my local said monday, they ordered 50 copies.
we'll see.
I've been told stores that ordered lots ...have been get allocations of 3-5 for the most part. But I hope its easy enough to find that stores have 50 copies each!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

I would love a copy of the 7" and I have lots to trade plus $$$
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Am I the only one who doesn't get excited about Radiohead ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Woody, they have a PR system that works wonders for their rating.
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

The 50 amoeba thought they were getting obviously turned into a lot less. They are doing a raffle and the only way to be entered is to preorder the standard black vinyl. With the intentions of getting the white and special edition this raffle is pointless for me. eBay prices on these are nuts..
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

I watched inherent vice tonight and got halfway through it before I had to look up the soundtrack.. I was only a little surprised to see jonny's name on it.
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

Bullmoose have a few in stock. Anyone feel like taking a trip to Maine to picks me up a copy......

Yeah, it was worth a shot.

*nevermind. Apparently my lowball offer I put in on an eBay auction was accepted. :clap:
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

jamesmonzon1 wrote:Bullmoose have a few in stock. Anyone feel like taking a trip to Maine to picks me up a copy......

Yeah, it was worth a shot.

*nevermind. Apparently my lowball offer I put in on an eBay auction was accepted. :clap:
how low did you go?
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

i hear a lot of this in the album... jonny on the guitar with a bow.