King Tuff

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
Eduardo
Little Bird

Re: King Tuff

Post by Eduardo »

Anyone have any Was Dead cassette pressing info beyond what's on discogs (6 pressings total, 5 of 250 each and the 6th of 500)?

Looking for cassette and cover color on each edition in particular and order of release (can figure some of the colors from the discogs recent sales, but no idea on order...)

I emailed the Burger guys and they predictably had no clue.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

NEW KING TUFF LP!

"TO ALL OUR FANS AND ALL LOVERS OF CRAZY ROCK MUSIC WORLDWIDE-
WE'RE VERY HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THE COMING OF THE NEW KING TUFF ALBUM, BLACK MOON SPELL. WE WORKED INTO THE WEE HOURS OF THE CRAZY NIGHT ON THIS ONE AND WE ARE ALL WICKED PROUD OF IT. THIS FALL WE WILL HIT THE ROAD TO PERFORM BLACK MOON SPELL, AND WE WILL LOVE IT WHEN WE SEE ALL YR CRAZY BANGING HEADS AND ALL YR SWEATY LITTLE FLYING BODIES AT OUR SHOWS!!! UNTIL THEN, PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT GIVE A F$&! AND DO WHATEVER THE GODDAM HELL YOU WANT. AND ON SEPTEMBER 23, 2014, POUR A VOLCANIC CUP OF THE BLACK MOON SPELL INTO YOUR EARS AND LET IT FEAST OFF THE REFRIGERATORS OF YOUR MIND. THANK YOU.
LOVE,
KING TUFF"

looks like the new record features his touring lineup of old gary on drums and magic jake on bass. although i just found this nugget of info
"Old Gary was out watching the old ballgame, so a wild critter named Ty Segall played drums on the song "Black Moon Spell". Ty enjoys speaking in a goblin voice in his spare time."

Pre Order the Album on Sub Pop Mega Mart:
https://megamart.subpop.com/releases/ki ... oon_spell/

ALL TOURDATES AT
http://www.kingtuffworld.com/shows
10537146_588048401315487_1886622541487484085_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

Thanks for sharing Harry! Great news!
Hyperbole used for effect!
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

your welcome

unnamed.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Why have I only just discovered this? Pre ordered!
Patient B1003
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

I just wish the record weren't GITD. Aside from the BB absinthe, which only has a faint glow, I find that most GITD albums sound crackly and full of static. Even though I have lots of other King Tuff colored vinyl, I believe I will just get this one on standard black.
Hyperbole used for effect!
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

mangry wrote:I just wish the record weren't GITD. Aside from the BB absinthe, which only has a faint glow, I find that most GITD albums sound crackly and full of static. Even though I have lots of other King Tuff colored vinyl, I believe I will just get this one on standard black.
Gotta Groove Records is placing the gitd pigment in the last place of the sound quality scale (which is the worse).

But I ordered a copy as soon as I saw the pic on the subpop site
I am a sucker for gitd vinyl

https://megamart.subpop.com/releases/ki ... moon_spell
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Surprised no one's commented yet on the new album—guess I'll be the first . . .

Very disappointed. I've listened to it six times already, and only two songs have really made an impression in my memory—the title track and "Eyes of the Muse." I'm actually incredibly shocked he's made a record that is so unmemorable. The band sounds great, Bobby did great production, but the songs are easily the weakest I've heard from him as KT.

I've read where for this album he did very little if any demoing, and wrote much of the songs in the studio. I think this is the album's fatal flaw, because there's very little for me to grab onto and be psyched about. Where are the memorable hooks and earworms?
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

woodisgood wrote:Surprised no one's commented yet on the new album—guess I'll be the first . . .

Very disappointed. I've listened to it six times already, and only two songs have really made an impression in my memory—the title track and "Eyes of the Muse." I'm actually incredibly shocked he's made a record that is so unmemorable. The band sounds great, Bobby did great production, but the songs are easily the weakest I've heard from him as KT.

I've read where for this album he did very little if any demoing, and wrote much of the songs in the studio. I think this is the album's fatal flaw, because there's very little for me to grab onto and be psyched about. Where are the memorable hooks and earworms?
I have only listened to about half of it so far(I accidentally only added the first 8 tracks to my phone) but I listened to the first 8 songs twice yesterday at work, and I quite enjoyed it. In particular I really like, "I Love You Ugly"
ooowvinyl
Little Acorn

Post by ooowvinyl »

I had my stereo cranked up in hope of epic pop jams, but was pretty disappointed as well and turn it down to a moderate sound level. Maybe more listens will help it out/??
My Ty Segall Collection: http://m.imgur.com/a/cc8Ug
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

I like me some King Tuff, and perhaps we’ll have more in the near future?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Post by G-squared »

I can't get enough of 'The Other'. It ends and i want to play it again....and again. not a huge KT fan, but I love this one. great sound, great lyrics - seems nostalgic and current at the same time :thumbup:
Life is Music
And Music Isn't A Business
Iggy Pop