Neil Young

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
cmelo

Neil Young

Post by cmelo »

Could it be there's no Neil topic here yet? I think (I hope) I had enough coffee before posting all this.

New album Americana out June 5. Pre-ordering FLAC, lp, cd, etc. now. http://www.neilyoung.com/. Oh Susannah available online now...and it rocks....

Plus a contest -- "Cover an American Classic for Neil Young" -- details at
http://www.talenthouse.com/cover-song-for-neil-young:

"Participants may cover one of the following songs as featured on Neil Young's 'Americana' album: Oh Susannah, Clementine, Tom Dula, Gallows Pole, Get A Job, Travel On, High Flyin' Bird, Jesus' Chariot, This Land Is Your Land, Wayfarin' Stranger, God Save The Queen."

Jealous of (and happy for) peeps going to Outside Lands who'll see Neil + Crazy Horse....

EDIT: Tom DOOLEY. And Rolling Stone lists She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain i/o Jesus' Chariot. [*Dammit* on the copy/paste....]
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Re: Neil Young

Post by 2crazikids »

Trip is a huge Neil Fan. I am a fan by proxy :D
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Heading out soon to go see Neil today!!! Pretty stoked for this show!!!
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

I like some Neil! Saw him with crazy horse in the 90's. Great stuff!!!
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

I still can't believe i skipped Neil Young in Central Park to see a 55 minute JW set at Radio City.

What the hell was I thinking!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

greginchains wrote:I like some Neil! Saw him with crazy horse in the 90's. Great stuff!!!
He is playing with them today as well. :D
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

pj101ca wrote:I still can't believe i skipped Neil Young in Central Park to see a 55 minute JW set at Radio City.

What the hell was I thinking!
AHH! Too bad! you didn't know that show would turn out the way it did though. ha
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

arewhyehen wrote:
greginchains wrote:I like some Neil! Saw him with crazy horse in the 90's. Great stuff!!!
He is playing with them today as well. :D
Awesomeness!
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

arewhyehen wrote:Heading out soon to go see Neil today!!! Pretty stoked for this show!!!
Have a great time Ryan. I hope he plays Powderfinger for you!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

gdm wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Heading out soon to go see Neil today!!! Pretty stoked for this show!!!
Hahaha thanks man. I'm in line now. I just won early entry (kidding...but if they had one I would have won) I'm about 8th in line :) I hope I'm front and center with the giant light
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

arewhyehen wrote:
gdm wrote:
Hahaha thanks man. I'm in line now. I just won early entry (kidding...but if they had one I would have won) I'm about 8th in line :) I hope I'm front and center with the giant light
I read that and spit out my beer. :lol: :lol:
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

gdm wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
gdm wrote:
I read that and spit out my beer. :lol: :lol:
Clean it up. Don't waste it

My view from the rail...

Gabbybee
Little Bird

Post by Gabbybee »

Woohoo! Gunna be one badass show tonight! :)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Awesome show!!! Was on the rail again. Got two picks at the end of the show. Nothing special with his name or logo..Just plain gold picks..

He had a pretty awesome stage set up. Giant amps (fake) with the real amps inside and then a giant 10-12ft mic at the front. He was recording for a live DVD that night, so i am hoping to be in that.

During Fuckin' up, Frank from Crazy Horse gave us the finger and we gave it back. Then between a few of their songs Frank says to Neil "Shes a beautiful girl." and then Neil says "I see her." and then they pointed at my girlfriend haha. Would be kinda cool to be on the DVD..

Anyways...here was our view..

Trying out the new panorama setting on the phone....this is the crowd behind us...

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

arewhyehen wrote:Awesome show!!! Was on the rail again. Got two picks at the end of the show. Nothing special with his name or logo..Just plain gold picks..

He had a pretty awesome stage set up. Giant amps (fake) with the real amps inside and then a giant 10-12ft mic at the front. He was recording for a live DVD that night, so i am hoping to be in that.

During Fuckin' up, Frank from Crazy Horse gave us the finger and we gave it back. Then between a few of their songs Frank says to Neil "Shes a beautiful girl." and then Neil says "I see her." and then they pointed at my girlfriend haha. Would be kinda cool to be on the DVD..

Anyways...here was our view..

Trying out the new panorama setting on the phone....this is the crowd behind us...

Can you post up a picture of your girlfriend? ............ :mrgreen: Just kiddding, kind of...
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody