Neil Young

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Neil Young

Post by arewhyehen »

Damn, I am moving to Cork, Ireland in August/September. I wish that show was at the end of the tour, closer to when I would be there. I would love to see him in Europe.
jefftp
Little Cream Soda

Post by jefftp »

My moms planning a family trip to Ireland for June. I might have to ask her if we can push it back so I can be there for the show haha that would be awesome!!! I still hope for a US leg with a Ca show.
"Ya well..you know that's just like uhh your opinion man"
The Dude
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Saw Neil Young last night, it was phenominal. His voice is bang on. Similar show as in Toronto, solo Acoustic set. Added in "Blowing in the Wind" to essentially the same set list as the rest of this mini-tour.

I was able to snag a Guitar Pick after the show and even got my LP (Harvest) signed. He wouldn't stop to sign anything or talk but he told his handler to grab my album and he signed it once he was already inside. I don't have any pictures though, maybe I'll post one later.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote:Saw Neil Young last night, it was phenominal. His voice is bang on. Similar show as in Toronto, solo Acoustic set. Added in "Blowing in the Wind" to essentially the same set list as the rest of this mini-tour.

I was able to snag a Guitar Pick after the show and even got my LP (Harvest) signed. He wouldn't stop to sign anything or talk but he told his handler to grab my album and he signed it once he was already inside. I don't have any pictures though, maybe I'll post one later.
nice dude. glad you had a good time as well
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Him playing Blowing in the Wind is the best I've ever heard a Bob Dylan song played live. And I've seen Bob Dylan live...
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Here's a pic of my newly signed and newly framed Neil Young album:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390455931.713889.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Good Stuff ! Looks Nice. Best album ever ...
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

higherlimits wrote:Saw Neil Young last night, it was phenominal. His voice is bang on. Similar show as in Toronto, solo Acoustic set. Added in "Blowing in the Wind" to essentially the same set list as the rest of this mini-tour.

I hope he makes it back to my neck of the woods before the tour is over. Sounds like you had a great experience. Is the pick a generic guitar pick or does it have his name on it?
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Just generic. Herco flex 50 if you want to look it up. Gold in colour.

It's only the second generic pick I've gotten, the other was Jermaine Clement from Flight of the conchords. I probably have about a dozen picks.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I have a bunch of picks but most do not have the musicians name on them. I put them in a plastic sleeve with the name wrote on it. I wish I could have got a JW pick at one of his shows. They were flying all around me. I wish more musicians would have their favorite pick made with their name on it !!! Or Logo in Jacks case.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I've got two Jack White, black keys, arctic monkeys, smashing pumpkins, roger daltrey, and some others I can't think of which are all custom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote:I've got two Jack White, black keys, arctic monkeys, smashing pumpkins, roger daltrey, and some others I can't think of which are all custom
I have 3 or 4 Neil Young picks and they are all the same as yours and gold in colour. He has been playing those for years now. Mine are at least 2 years old.

I have a few JW picks as well, tragically hip, frank turner, Alive in Chains, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Underoath...shit ton...almost all have logos or names so I am disappointed Neil doesnt have his name or something :(
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Y'all are lucky ! 2/3 of mine are generic. I was given a Lou Reed pick when I asked for a Brendan Benson pick. Lou had played there a week before! Me and the roadie laughed on that one.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:Y'all are lucky ! 2/3 of mine are generic. I was given a Lou Reed pick when I asked for a Brendan Benson pick. Lou had played there a week before! Me and the roadie laughed on that one.
hahaha, that's pretty good.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Alabama Woody wrote:Y'all are lucky ! 2/3 of mine are generic. I was given a Lou Reed pick when I asked for a Brendan Benson pick. Lou had played there a week before! Me and the roadie laughed on that one.
I'd take Lou over Benson any day...