Pearl Jam
Florence + The Machine
Tom Jones
Soundgarden
Norah Jones and Puss N Boots
Band of Horses
Pegi Young & The Survivors

Tickets on sale Friday 9-19
Just saw that....You going?? I was thinking of going, but only if CSNY or Buffalo Springfield played, so passing this year. I did just get to NC for Farm Aid tomorrow though. :D:D:D

We just went to the venue to see what was up and they were doing some soundchecks and some people were playing. Then Neil showed up on his tour bus and we were about 5 feet away from him and waved and said hello. He seemed to be in his "concert mode" haha we were also back stage and he was getting his son Ben off the bus who has cerebral palsy [who the bridge school was started for] so we didn't approach him or take photos...we were already in places we shouldnt have been lol. Pretty cool to be that close to him though..
cwja
Little Ghost

Re: Neil Young

Post by cwja »

Think I'm gonna pass. Outside of PJ, Florence and BOH, I'm not interested in the rest of the lineup. Spent yesterday doing the math to figure out how much it would cost to add this on to my current trip and it came to about $1200 just for travel. Seems a bit excessive for a couple of abbreviated acoustic sets. I have always wanted to go tone though, so I'm still deciding.

Have fun down there at Farm Aid. Should be a great show for a great cause. They're broadcasting it on Willie's SiriusXM channel, so I'll probably listen to some of it.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cwja wrote:Think I'm gonna pass. Outside of PJ, Florence and BOH, I'm not interested in the rest of the lineup. Spent yesterday doing the math to figure out how much it would cost to add this on to my current trip and it came to about $1200 just for travel. Seems a bit excessive for a couple of abbreviated acoustic sets. I have always wanted to go tone though, so I'm still deciding.

Have fun down there at Farm Aid. Should be a great show for a great cause. They're broadcasting it on Willie's SiriusXM channel, so I'll probably listen to some of it.
I just got back and it was a really good show. The rain held out most of the day which was awesome. I was a bit worried but it only down poured briefly a few times when I was under the shelter... maybe lasted 10 minutes or so each time, so we got lucky...

I would definitely do that again some year when they are closer by.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

http://pitchfork.com/news/56889-neil-yo ... storytone/
4e0ac6fd.jpg
Neil Young's significantly higher fidelity follow-up to A Letter Home is called Storytone, and it's out in November 4 via Reprise. (Previously, the album was titled Storeytone, but the first "e" has been dropped.) After sharing his orchestral, full band, and acoustic versions of the pro-environment song "Who's Gonna Stand Up?", he's shared more details about the album.

Really, it's two albums: There's a solo version and a "standard" version, which was recorded with a 92-piece orchestra and choir. The regular CD comes with the standard version, while a deluxe edition includes both the standard and solo versions. The vinyl contains both solo and standard versions, and will be out December 16. (Of course, the album will also be available via Pono, Young's crowd-sourced music player.)

The album was produced by Young and Niko Bolas under their Volume Dealers moniker. The orchestra was arranged and conducted by Michael Bearden and Chris Walden.

Storeytone:

01 Plastic Flowers
02 Who's Gonna Stand Up?
03 I Want To Drive My Car
04 Glimmer
05 Say Hello To Chicago
06 Tumbleweed
07 Like You Used To Do
08 I'm Glad I Found You
09 When I Watch You Sleeping
10 All Those Dreams
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Neil's second book came out today...

It's called "Neil Young: Special Deluxe: A Memoir Of Life & Cars"
IMG_0502.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I may just make my first digital music purchase from His Pono Music store this new album from Neil. I'm sure it will be offered in the Highest Fidelity format they offer. If I like it I'm sure I will buy the record.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:I may just make my first digital music purchase from His Pono Music store this new album from Neil. I'm sure it will be offered in the Highest Fidelity format they offer. If I like it I'm sure I will buy the record.
I would assume it would be the highest possible quality...haha

Now we just need some players to test them out on...
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Supposed to be late October to early November according to my email. So I figure December.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Neil Young was a guest on Howard Stern today. For those of you who are hardcore fans I suggest tracking down a copy of it at some point. I haven't heard it, but I guarantee it will be one of the best interviews of him you've ever heard.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

cwja wrote:Neil Young was a guest on Howard Stern today. For those of you who are hardcore fans I suggest tracking down a copy of it at some point. I haven't heard it, but I guarantee it will be one of the best interviews of him you've ever heard.
Thanks I will try to find it on the internet. If anyone finds it post a link, please !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

This is most of it. Apparently, they have to edit out the music or YouTube automatically pulls it down.

It's also available on demand if you have a SiriusXM Internet subscription. You can also sign up for a free trial if you don't. I'm sure there are other ways to hear it as well, but I'm not well versed on the ins and outs of the world of shady Internet download sites.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

arewhyehen wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:I may just make my first digital music purchase from His Pono Music store this new album from Neil. I'm sure it will be offered in the Highest Fidelity format they offer. If I like it I'm sure I will buy the record.

There are different levels of quality. This one is:
192 kHz / 24-bit FLAC
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

There are different levels of quality. This one is:
192 kHz / 24-bit FLAC
Yes, this is what I meant as the highest possible quality haha
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cwja wrote:

This is most of it. Apparently, they have to edit out the music or YouTube automatically pulls it down.

It's also available on demand if you have a SiriusXM Internet subscription. You can also sign up for a free trial if you don't. I'm sure there are other ways to hear it as well, but I'm not well versed on the ins and outs of the world of shady Internet download sites.
I am listening to this now. It is really good so far. I just had to comment about the whole Bono story.... I have voiced my opinion about Bono on here before and I will keep this one short, but it was awesome to hear Neil just shrug off Bono when he tried telling Neil how to turn his songs into hits...hahaha Yeah Bono...Neil needs all the help he can get...