Hanni El Khatib

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Re: Hanni El Khatib

Post by Obliquitous »

Stl_ben wrote:
Obliquitous wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Whats a good starting point for this band? Haven't listened before but they will be in town tomorrow so thought I would try them out before I missed out.
Will the guns come out is the only album before this one. Used to be Hanni and his drummer (which was just right) but now he's got more members. Some good tracks are: Come Alive, Loved One, Dead Wrong, Human Fly, You Rascal You. Havent bought the new lp yet cuz I want a tri color but songs like Family, Penny, Can't Win Em All, Head in the Dirt can be found on YouTube. Hope this helps out
Thanks! Been listening to these on soundcloud. AWESOME. Think I prefer the first album stuff as it is a little rougher (Roach Cock!) but the Dan produced stuff is good too. Plus the show is them opening for the Black Angels so shouldn't be bad at all.
You bet.
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
tcricha43
Little Cream Soda

Post by tcricha43 »

Saw this guy and the Black Angels last night at Mercy Lounge. What a fantastic show! Was able to snag a tri color LP too. The guy at the merch table said he was almost out of them, not sure if it was for this stop or if he meant completely. Also be warned at first I paid for the tri color and luckily thought to open and check only to find a black one. My brother and I bought them at the same time and his was a tri. Luckily the guy traded it no problem but just a heads up he thought they may have gotten mixed together.
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

tcricha43 wrote:Saw this guy and the Black Angels last night at Mercy Lounge. What a fantastic show! Was able to snag a tri color LP too. The guy at the merch table said he was almost out of them, not sure if it was for this stop or if he meant completely. Also be warned at first I paid for the tri color and luckily thought to open and check only to find a black one. My brother and I bought them at the same time and his was a tri. Luckily the guy traded it no problem but just a heads up he thought they may have gotten mixed together.
So... wanna sell me your tri? You could snag your brother's if you still want yours! :lol:
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Post by alteridiom »

Saw Hanni last night at Mercy. Incredible live act. The new stuff sounds WAY better live. I like the new album but Dan over-produced the shit out of it. Lost the rawness and attitude of the first album. Was 2nd in the merch line when doors opened. Got a tri-color. Opened it this morning and it wasn't a tri-color :shock: Innovative Leisure said the would take care of me. Didn't even think to open it and look at it. The merch guy looked fucked up and took forever to get my order taken care of. Should have known better. Oh well. Hope all gets sorted.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Anyone going to the show in Indy tonight? Would like to try and get my hands on the tri 12".....
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

maxman142001 wrote:Anyone going to the show in Indy tonight? Would like to try and get my hands on the tri 12".....
+1. Indy is tomorrow. I get into the city around 9pm and thinking of trying but don't fancy paying to get in missing HEK and then they have sold out so if anybody can update from the show that would be great.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Littlema
Little Cream Soda

Hanni El Khatib

Post by Littlema »

Here's a link where some stuff from his art opening are for sale for the people that are interested, there is the numbered limited edition of 100 CD (the tricolor LP would have been so much better ;) )
http://hvw8.com/shop/artists/hanni-el-khatib/
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

To anyone who has been to one of the tour shows yet, did his merch table take a card? Thanks
tcricha43
Little Cream Soda

Post by tcricha43 »

csbanta wrote:To anyone who has been to one of the tour shows yet, did his merch table take a card? Thanks
Cash only
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

Thanks friend. Was the record 20?
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

csbanta wrote:Thanks friend. Was the record 20?
Someone on bookface said it was $30.
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

Thank you for the response and knowledge aquired from bookface. :)
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

Got to see Hanni last night, scored one of the red/white/blue records and got a photo with the dude. Awesome show, the headliner Black Angels however was a total snooze fest :(

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Only 2 copies tonight and they went fast.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Stl_ben wrote:Only 2 copies tonight and they went fast.
Are they limiting per show, or are they all gone?