Smashing Pumpkins

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Smashing Pumpkins

Post by rsimms3 »

hxcoliver wrote:so you don't get any of the unreleased songs on the vinyl version? only the cds? that kind of sucks. they should have included them in the download for the vinyl version.
Hell, you don't even get the extra two songs from the original vinyl or even the original vinyl running order on the reissue....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

rsimms3 wrote:
hxcoliver wrote:so you don't get any of the unreleased songs on the vinyl version? only the cds? that kind of sucks. they should have included them in the download for the vinyl version.
Hell, you don't even get the extra two songs from the original vinyl or even the original vinyl running order on the reissue....
Yeah, I was really hoping they would do that too. Glad I have my original copy to do that too. ;)
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

curseofhalos wrote:
Yeah all the reissues have been like that. It really sucks. I've bought 2 versions of each reissue because of that. My wallet doesn't like it at all! :lol:
damn that really sucks. kinda stupid actually. i hadn't really paid much attention to the previous reissues, but this one caught my attention cause i really like that album. was considering buying it on vinyl at some point, but now i'm leaning more towards the CD version. what the hell's up with that? i don't like the fact that i'd prefer to buy the CD version of something.
and i just looked back at the other reissues and nothing extra on the vinyl versions? bastards
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

hxcoliver wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:
Yeah all the reissues have been like that. It really sucks. I've bought 2 versions of each reissue because of that. My wallet doesn't like it at all! :lol:
damn that really sucks. kinda stupid actually. i hadn't really paid much attention to the previous reissues, but this one caught my attention cause i really like that album. was considering buying it on vinyl at some point, but now i'm leaning more towards the CD version. what the hell's up with that? i don't like the fact that i'd prefer to buy the CD version of something.
and i just looked back at the other reissues and nothing extra on the vinyl versions? bastards
Have you seen the price tag on the CD version?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

Stl_ben wrote:
hxcoliver wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:
yeah i did. pretty damn pricey. almost double the price of the vinyl version. but it does have way more stuff than the the vinyl does...
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

hxcoliver wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
hxcoliver wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:
yeah i did. pretty damn pricey. almost double the price of the vinyl version. but it does have way more stuff than the the vinyl does...
The extras are awesome.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Ok just got this Melon Collie box set and hot damn does it sound nice!
Well worth amazon.ca's low price! Just upset Ramona Flowers didn't deliver it (SP reference...{Scott Pilgrim not Smashing Punpkins, duh}).
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Stl_ben wrote:Ok just got this Melon Collie box set and hot damn does it sound nice!
Well worth amazon.ca's low price! Just upset Ramona Flowers didn't deliver it (SP reference...{Scott Pilgrim not Smashing Punpkins, duh}).
Nice reference. ;)

I just listened tot he bonus CD stuff for the umpteenth time today. So much goodness.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

This better be an April Fools joke, but I do REALLY want that record player...

http://www.crestfallen.com/2013/04/01/l ... -on-vinyl/
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

curseofhalos wrote:This better be an April Fools joke, but I do REALLY want that record player...

http://www.crestfallen.com/2013/04/01/l ... -on-vinyl/
Would be awesome...but think laserdisc is a good clue that it wouldn't actually happen.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Anyone need Tristessa on gray wax? PM me
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Some new news today:

http://pitchfork.com/news/51490-smashin ... ive-album/

Smashing Pumpkins will release an audio/video live album September 3 via Universal. Oceania: Live in NYC was recorded at the band's December 2012 show at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Live in NYC will be out on DVD and 3D Blu-Ray formats, both of which include the full show, photo gallery, 5.1. and stereo audio, and interviews with lighting director/stage producer Sean Evans. A deluxe 2xCD+DVD package will include all of that plus two discs with audio from the full show. And the entire release will also be available to purchase as a digital download.

At the show, the band performed Oceania in its entirety and songs from throughout the Smashing Pumpkins catalogue.

Watch them play "Cherub Rock" at the Barclays gig after the tracklist.

Oceania: Live in NYC:

Disc 1:

01 Quasar
02 Panopticon
03 The Celestials
04 Violet Rays
05 My Love Is Winter
06 One Diamond, One Heart
07 Pinwheels
08 Oceania
09 Pale Horse
10 The Chimera
11 Glissandra
12 Inkless

Disc 2:

01 Wildflower
02 Space Oddity
03 X.Y.U
04 Disarm
05 Tonite Reprise
06 Tonight, Tonight
07 Bullet with Butterfly Wings
08 The Dream Machine
09 Hummer

Encore:

01 Ava Adore
02 Cherub Rock
03 Zero

Also Aeroplane Flies high reissue comes out the 23rd. Deluxe CD and on 5 LPs. Suucks they are so expensive. Hope they'll still be available in a few months when I can afford them.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

$140+ for TAFH on vinyl from Amazon.....ouch!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Smashing Pumpkins

Post by Obliquitous »

Dang it
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Hey do any of y'all know of any vinyl live bootlegs?
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"