Smashing Pumpkins

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Smashing Pumpkins

Post by trickster »

curseofhalos wrote:
trickster wrote:This "spend money on tea" thing ia absurd

Anyway I ll see how I ll order this one.

But for the time being I SNAGGED this one
http://www.amazon.com/Teargarden-Kaleid ... s_ep_dpi_2

That was probably my favorite of the Teargarden releases. It's a beautiful package.
They released only Volumes I and II right? In a physical commercial format I mean.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

trickster wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:

That was probably my favorite of the Teargarden releases. It's a beautiful package.
They released only Volumes I and II right? In a physical commercial format I mean.

That is correct. I'd love to find a gold obelisk version of the first one. It has 2 tracks the other doesn't.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

curseofhalos wrote:
trickster wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:

That is correct. I'd love to find a gold obelisk version of the first one. It has 2 tracks the other doesn't.
I did a little wikipedia research and seems that Oceania included the follow up songs up to number 23.

The Vol. I comes in two versions?
I have a sealed one that it is supposed to have the 4 songs on cd and another one in a 1 sided 1 track 7"
More research coming up.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

trickster wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:
trickster wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:

I did a little wikipedia research and seems that Oceania included the follow up songs up to number 23.

The Vol. I comes in two versions?
I have a sealed one that it is supposed to have the 4 songs on cd and another one in a 1 sided 1 track 7"
More research coming up.

Yeah, Oceania was what Corgan called "and album within the album" but I guess he abandoned the whole project. Unless eh comes out saying the next 2 albums are the finishing tough. I haven't heard him mention it though.

There is a sort of leopard obilisk and a "fool's gold" one. The fool's gold comes with an alternate version of the Teargarden Theme and I think another song.

http://hipstersunited.wordpress.com/201 ... g-special/
There are a group of people who want to collect things; I’m one of those types of people. So what we try to do is make sure there’s something about it that’s a little bit more special than just your average release, with the artwork, with the packaging. In the first EP we put a song that is not readily available on a piece of seven-inch vinyl. And then, 99 of them had actually a different version of the song on the vinyl — so if you found sort of the golden-ticket version, you got a different version of the seven-inch. Just things like that, just fun little treasure-hunt kind of things.
So only 99 of them, and I think they sold them all on the old Smashing Pumpkins site.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

This sounds very interesting.
I found my order confirmation email and it is from Ground(ctrl) <no-reply@groundctrl.com>
I think I ordered it from the official Smashing Pumpkins store.
I think it is time to open my box then :D
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Yeah they were randomly sent out...mine is just the normal one. I believe there was more than one variant in the special ones though, but that part of my memory could be wrong.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Stl_ben wrote:Yeah they were randomly sent out...mine is just the normal one. I believe there was more than one variant in the special ones though, but that part of my memory could be wrong.

I remember hearing that rumor too, but never heard any confirmation. Maybe 10 of them? IDK, could be people confusing the fool's gold version.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Is the Vol II box made of wood-like material?
Or it is a cardboard-like box?

(no TWSS jokes pls)
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

trickster wrote:Is the Vol II box made of wood-like material?

(no TWSS jokes pls)

Cardboard-like box.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

curseofhalos wrote:
trickster wrote:Is the Vol II box made of wood-like material?

(no TWSS jokes pls)

Cardboard-like box.
Cool,
Thanks!
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

They are having a release party at Madame ZuZu's Thursday night. Too bad a certain someone is also in town that night.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Really been in a Smashing Pumpkins mood lately. I'm curious about all of these "Deluxe Edition" boxsets on vinyl. Who has picked all of these up and how do they sound (from past posts it sounds like 'MCATIS' sounds excellent)? I'd only have an original 'Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness' to compare one of these remastered/repressings to. Anyone else have some original pressings who purchased these deluxe versions who have compared the quality? Very curious.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

makers888 wrote:Really been in a Smashing Pumpkins mood lately. I'm curious about all of these "Deluxe Edition" boxsets on vinyl. Who has picked all of these up and how do they sound (from past posts it sounds like 'MCATIS' sounds excellent)? I'd only have an original 'Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness' to compare one of these remastered/repressings to. Anyone else have some original pressings who purchased these deluxe versions who have compared the quality? Very curious.

I have them all and think the remasters sound fantastic. Especially the MCIS and Gish ones.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

curseofhalos wrote:
makers888 wrote:Really been in a Smashing Pumpkins mood lately. I'm curious about all of these "Deluxe Edition" boxsets on vinyl. Who has picked all of these up and how do they sound (from past posts it sounds like 'MCATIS' sounds excellent)? I'd only have an original 'Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness' to compare one of these remastered/repressings to. Anyone else have some original pressings who purchased these deluxe versions who have compared the quality? Very curious.

I have them all and think the remasters sound fantastic. Especially the MCIS and Gish ones.
I'll second that. Siamese Dream's cd's extras are really good too but the vinyl mastering just seemed a bit off.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
OysteinM
Little Bird

Post by OysteinM »

The MCIS remaster vinyl seemed to be a little off qualitywise. I got mine when it was released and side A is barely listenable, gets more and more distorted as you go along. No one else here have that problem? I even remeber having to sign a petition to try and get a replacement for the first disc (never happened, though...)