U2

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Re: U2

Post by grumblestiltskin »

I've never really been a fan of U2, and so the only thing that enticed me to check this out was that it was free. It didn't convert me, but I didn't really expect it to.

Seems like an excellent vehicle for a hugely profitable arena tour though.
Patient B1003
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Just finished first listen. So far Song for Someone was my stand out track. Nothing flat out amazing about the album....but it did take about a full year before I fully appreciated How to Dismantle.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

grumblestiltskin wrote:I've never really been a fan of U2, and so the only thing that enticed me to check this out was that it was free. It didn't convert me, but I didn't really expect it to.

Seems like an excellent vehicle for a hugely profitable arena tour though.
I am with you on this one. I don't like U2 at all and I hate Bono even more..
I don't like the new song and hearing it on the radio once every hour isn't helping, so I probably won't check out the rest of the album, so they won't be gaining this listener with this album..not even if it's free..
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

HORRIBLE. So bad.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Yay for the internet where people go to post just how much they hate stuff! I think there is threads for about 200 bands on here...so be sure to post in each one if you dislike that band!
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

Stl_ben wrote:Yay for the internet where people go to post just how much they hate stuff! I think there is threads for about 200 bands on here...so be sure to post in each one if you dislike that band!
but you have no problem when a mod starts a "such and such band sucks" thread
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

pj101ca wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Yay for the internet where people go to post just how much they hate stuff! I think there is threads for about 200 bands on here...so be sure to post in each one if you dislike that band!
?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

pj101ca wrote:
with a name like pj101ca I am going to assume you mean Pearl Jam.....plus I think that is the only band thread with "sucks" at the end..

Also, I think people post their opinion of new albums or bands all the time..not all reviews are good ones...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

How is it a review of the album when you say "I hate bono" "I probably won't even check out the album".

I'm all for a bad review...I don't think mine was exactly that glowing.

But to just go around and say "horrible" on a thread is pretty lame in my opinion.

How would this look in another thread if someone posted in for instance the Jett Plastic Records thread: "I don't like Jett Plastic Records and hate Jett even more. I don't like the new releases and him bumping it every hour doesn't help. I probably won't check it out not even if it was free"

But hey it's the internet and we all have opinions and people are going to do what they want so who cares what I say. Guess I was just spitting out my opinion too so aren't we all HORRIBLE. So Bad.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:How is it a review of the album when you say "I hate bono" "I probably won't even check out the album".

But to just go around and say "horrible" on a thread is pretty lame in my opinion. But hey it's the internet and we all have opinions and people are going to do what they want so who cares what I say. Guess I was just spitting out my opinion too so aren't we all HORRIBLE. So Bad.
I was just simply stating that I don't like the guy. I don't like hitler and a lot of other people either..but that has no effect on my opinion of U2s music so I kept that opinion out for today.

Usually it takes me a bunch of listens to start to like a new song or album and after hearing it about 10 times, once every hour on the radio yesterday, the song still did nothing for me, so I will not be checking out the new album...even if it's free..

I don't really see how it ties in any way to Joey Ramone...so great way to get a bunch of listens to people who wouldn't normally listen, but it still isn't a great song...in my opinion..
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I like U2 a lot, I'm not crazy about the new album, actually don't like it at all. I will listen again sometime and try again.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

arewhyehen wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:How is it a review of the album when you say "I hate bono" "I probably won't even check out the album".

But to just go around and say "horrible" on a thread is pretty lame in my opinion. But hey it's the internet and we all have opinions and people are going to do what they want so who cares what I say. Guess I was just spitting out my opinion too so aren't we all HORRIBLE. So Bad.
I was just simply stating that I don't like the guy. I don't like hitler and a lot of other people either..but that has no effect on my opinion of U2s music so I kept that opinion out for today.

Usually it takes me a bunch of listens to start to like a new song or album and after hearing it about 10 times, once every hour on the radio yesterday, the song still did nothing for me, so I will not be checking out the new album...even if it's free..

I don't really see how it ties in any way to Joey Ramone...so great way to get a bunch of listens to people who wouldn't normally listen, but it still isn't a great song...in my opinion..
u2 were heavily influenced by the ramones, the clash. they never sounded much like those bands, but they were inspired by them.
check em out when they were like 17.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

Hamptonio wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

u2 were heavily influenced by the ramones, the clash. they never sounded much like those bands, but they were inspired by them.

<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Hamptonio wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

I know they said they were influenced by them...just wasn't sure how that song in particular tied to him..
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

arewhyehen wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

I know they said they were influenced by them...just wasn't sure how that song in particular tied to him..
How does it not?
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color