U2

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Re: U2

Post by jrfhoutx »

vozhyk87 wrote:I am fundamentally against violence. But if I had to punch someone in the face, that would be Bono.
:lol: that's hilarious. I don't dislike him that much, he just annoys me. most 'philanthropist' (though I will say, of all the philanthropic celebrities he does seem the most genuine) celebrities do though so no surprise there I guess...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

U2 may have a new album title :D
http://diffuser.fm/new-u2-album-working-title/
I know that not a lot of you like U2 but I love them. Hoping for a new album in 2013.
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

Achtung Baby made me love music. My parents were cool enough to play it in the car when I was younger, and that evolved into a passion for music.
TwinkleLights
Little Cream Soda

Post by TwinkleLights »

Bono was a childhood hero of mine. I only put It Might Get Loud on my Netflix que because it had the Edge in it. And that movie was my first exposure to Jack. That & Jacks love is blindness cover in a Q magazine CD are what led me to check out the Third Man evening at The Stage during SXSW. And that's when I got hooked... 8-)
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

Wouldn't it be something if they (U2) put out a blue series. I think Jack has a good relationship with U2 so it could happen
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

AJ123 wrote:Wouldn't it be something if they (U2) put out a blue series. I think Jack has a good relationship with U2 so it could happen
Would be great but will never happen.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
greekfood101
Little Acorn

Post by greekfood101 »

If the record Gods permitted this I would have a semi-permanent residence outside the loading dock of TMR.
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

What about a Green Series with Bono or Edge. That would be more likely than a blue series.
DBMTB
Little Bird

Post by DBMTB »

Am now just a U2 fan by force of habit than really being inspired by anything they do....

But they were one of my first loves (I was born in 1969)

My U2 collection is a lot larger than my JW collection and I've seen them 11 times over the years, including half the UK leg of the Joshua Tree tour. Took my 2 sons to see them when they were only 4 and 5 years old...

They still manage to produce the odd little gem and the Edge is still a sonic genius. But am really tired of all the namedropping (2 out of 3 of the last times I saw them Bono was just pandering to all his celeb mates and it was nauseous).
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

flattop2001 wrote:
AJ123 wrote:Wouldn't it be something if they (U2) put out a blue series. I think Jack has a good relationship with U2 so it could happen
If U2 was in Nashville I wouldn't be surprised. They sent him a crate of Guinness when he preformed at the o2. In fact, U2 was in Nashville for the 360 tour. I wouldnt be surprised if there was some secret U2 blue seiries.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I heard from somebody connected with U2 that Jack was backstage at the 360 Nashville show, but the discussions were about the love is blindness cover not any blue series. (I also heard Jack was blown away by the show)
Universal have control over all U2's recorded output until at least next 2 albums are released with an option on next three.. The only exceptions they have made have been for charity releases which of course Bono is insistent about. I would love to be wrong but afraid this ain't going to happen.
Freter wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:
If U2 was in Nashville I wouldn't be surprised. They sent him a crate of Guinness when he preformed at the o2. In fact, U2 was in Nashville for the 360 tour. I wouldnt be surprised if there was some secret U2 blue seiries.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

flattop2001 wrote:I heard from somebody connected with U2 that Jack was backstage at the 360 Nashville show, but the discussions were about the love is blindness cover not any blue series. (I also heard Jack was blown away by the show)
Universal have control over all U2's recorded output until at least next 2 albums are released with an option on next three.. The only exceptions they have made have been for charity releases which of course Bono is insistent about. I would love to be wrong but afraid this ain't going to happen.
Freter wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:
Yeah I was at the Nashville show and it rocked. Literally my all time favorite show.

Back in point, I mean they recorded a Blue Series so secret, that Universal didn't know. Then, Bono and TMR release it as a 7 in which proceeds go to charity.

Master plan:Phase 1
TwinkleLights
Little Cream Soda

Post by TwinkleLights »

Freter wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:I heard from somebody connected with U2 that Jack was backstage at the 360 Nashville show, but the discussions were about the love is blindness cover not any blue series. (I also heard Jack was blown away by the show)
Freter wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:
Yeah I was at the Nashville show and it rocked. Literally my all time favorite show.

Back in point, I mean they recorded a Blue Series so secret, that Universal didn't know. Then, Bono and TMR release it as a 7 in which proceeds go to charity.

Master plan:Phase 1
They could give it to the mission across the street from TMR as a thank you for the use of the parking lot ;)
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Whether Universal know in advance or not they would still need to give permission or Bono could land in very hot water, also If Bono wanted to do a charity record he would want Universals machine behind it not TMR..... (Maybe I just hope if I deny it enough somebody will prove me wrong - looking at you Messrs Gilis and Hewson!!!!)
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

If it was linked to (Red) I think it would easily happen
other charities less likely