Arctic Monkeys

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Arctic Monkeys

Post by HappyDad »

Seems like there is no 100% Arctic Monkeys thread so here we go. They just posted a new song:

The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
Grimtale
Little People

Re: Arctic Monkeys

Post by Grimtale »

Kick A song. I've been a big AM fan for about 5 years now. Collected most all of their stuff so far. Can't wait to see them and the black keys in concert next month.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

damn, i wish that tour was at least going to la, so i could go. i love arctic monkeys. was not a huge fan of their latest album, but their shows are still super fun wild
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Their first album was one of the great albums of the noughties (at least here in the UK). Sadly, it was all downhill from there, and I lost interest in them a long time ago.
Patient B1003
MayoSoda
Little Bird

Post by MayoSoda »

grumblestiltskin wrote:Their first album was one of the great albums of the noughties (at least here in the UK). Sadly, it was all downhill from there, and I lost interest in them a long time ago.
I feel like they've gotten tremendously better. There first album was fairly impressive for a bunch of teenagers, but Turner has since turned into a great songwriter.
vozhyk87
Little Acorn

Post by vozhyk87 »

Saw them last wednesday supporting the black keys. They were awesome as usual. Too bad the arena was not tuned well for their sound. the black keys sounded much better.

edit: They played R U Mine at the show too. Loving the song. And apparently it will be out on 7" for RSD!
MayoSoda
Little Bird

Post by MayoSoda »

vozhyk87 wrote:Saw them last wednesday supporting the black keys. They were awesome as usual. Too bad the arena was not tuned well for their sound. the black keys sounded much better.

edit: They played R U Mine at the show too. Loving the song. And apparently it will be out on 7" for RSD!
Yeah, still waiting to hear the 7" b-side "Electricty". Didn't bother to see them with the keys cause I thought they would only be doing 9 or 10 songs, but apparently their doing a full set :(
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

One of the few times Grim and I part ways...saw AM last night w/the Keys here in Indy. Granted the venue was not ideal (not by a long shot), but I just couldn't get into them. Will check out a few of their earlier titles and see if I feel different but, if I couldn't get into them live.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
MayoSoda
Little Bird

Post by MayoSoda »

dylnfan wrote:One of the few times Grim and I part ways...saw AM last night w/the Keys here in Indy. Granted the venue was not ideal (not by a long shot), but I just couldn't get into them. Will check out a few of their earlier titles and see if I feel different but, if I couldn't get into them live.

try this one:

shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

they rocked it on friday night in norfolk. will be getting some of their catalog very soon. mark...got any suggestions of where to start more specific than at the beginning.
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

shteev wrote:they rocked it on friday night in norfolk. will be getting some of their catalog very soon. mark...got any suggestions of where to start more specific than at the beginning.
I think a good start might be to try to get the 10" singles from the Humbug and Favourite Worst Nightmare areas. 2-3 exclusive great songs on each 10". When you put all the Artcic Monkeys bsides together, you have my favourite Arctic Monkeys album :mrgreen: (If people are interrested I do have all the Arctic Monkeys bsides mp3s...).
Last edited by HappyDad on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Saw them Saturday in Charlotte. Was an awesome show.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

Its worth it to browse amazon.com
About a week ago I found a brand NEW copy of Humbug on vinyl for $4.50 on amazon. I don't know if it was a pricing error but i snatched it up
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Grimtale wrote:Saw them Saturday in Charlotte. Was an awesome show.
Grim
What? What what what?? I checked their web site a while back hoping for shows, and it just said "There are no gigs announced at the moment," as it still does, with no mention of any shows after June. :( (And I know this is selfish, coming from someone who just saw the Stones and saw JW 13 times, to be wanting more shows, but there it is.)
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Grims post was from march.
Aquamarine wrote:
Grimtale wrote:Saw them Saturday in Charlotte. Was an awesome show.
Grim
What? What what what?? I checked their web site a while back hoping for shows, and it just said "There are no gigs announced at the moment," as it still does, with no mention of any shows after June. :( (And I know this is selfish, coming from someone who just saw the Stones and saw JW 13 times, to be wanting more shows, but there it is.)
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.