Arctic Monkeys

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
HadItUpTohere
Little Cream Soda

Re: Arctic Monkeys

Post by HadItUpTohere »

chaptertwentyone wrote:I've been a huge fan since about 2005 or 2006, but I've only seen them twice.
The first time was at Terminal 5 in 2009 and then in 2012 when they opened for The Black Keys at Madison Square Garden.
They came and stood in front of me to watch the Keys' set and NO ONE even cared. Well, those days are long gone...
Really? In 2012 no one cared? That surprises me!
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Thank you!
That's exactly what was going through my mind when everyone went ballistic over The Strokes' guitarist who was standing with them :?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Caught them Tuesday night at The National in Richmond. Great venue with a capacity of 1,500. Thrilled to have heard them at such a small venue but chagrin to admit that I can barely understand a word Alex says.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Did they have posters at their shows? Date specific or your specific? Did they sell out before the end of the show?

I'm wondering if I should bring a tube and get one before or just wait until after
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

arewhyehen wrote:Did they have posters at their shows? Date specific or your specific? Did they sell out before the end of the show?

I'm wondering if I should bring a tube and get one before or just wait until after
Yup. Snagged 22/75 during the opener the Richmond show. They were also selling the remaining few from the previous night's gig. I'll insert a photo later.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Double post
Last edited by arewhyehen on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Did they have posters at their shows? Date specific or your specific? Did they sell out before the end of the show?

Yup. Snagged 22/75 during the opener the Richmond show. They were also selling the remaining few from the previous night's gig. I'll insert a photo later.

Nice. I grabbed 70 and 71 of 90 at the Fillmore. What an amazing show. Wow. Please post pics. I will later as well
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I am seeing them again tonight at the Molson Amphitheater in Toronto. It's an outdoor amp right along side the water. Really cool venue!! These guys were awesome last time I saw them so I am expecting a better show this time since the surroundings will be beautiful with the water and sunset at night.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Does anyone know who does the Posters for their current tour? I will try to track down a photo of the Toronto one from tonight so I can get some ideas from people. I missed out on the poster tonight and want one...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Toronto Poster? Anyone? Who's the artist?
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

holy hell, this threads old.....

Seeing them for the first time next week and was wondering if anyone knows what their line situation is like; in terms of how early people queue up for the show?!?

I'm traveling down from disneyland buuuuut i'm hoping to get some decent morning time at Disneyland before the show.

also, interesting to see they opted to not release any singles before the album comes out.
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

candycaneboy03 wrote:holy hell, this threads old.....

Seeing them for the first time next week and was wondering if anyone knows what their line situation is like; in terms of how early people queue up for the show?!?

I'm traveling down from disneyland buuuuut i'm hoping to get some decent morning time at Disneyland before the show.

also, interesting to see they opted to not release any singles before the album comes out.
When I went to see them in 2014 (so it seems from my last post here) the line was pretty insane. I showed up around noon and the line was at about 100-120 people already. 95% of them were teenage girls. By the time doors opened, it was a good 500m sprint to the stage and I was on the rail, but from the second I got there, the crowd pushed me up again the rail so hard that I was on my tippy toes for the entire night and not even supporting my own weight. I've been to a lot of metal shows and rock shows and have never had the crowd be so intense from the second doors open.

Anyone else have this?
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Saw them back in '06.
Doesn't really matter what time you get there, just wait for the first up tempo song, work your way to where the mosh pit is and you can be up front in like 10 seconds and grab a set list on the way out.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Bikedo wrote:Saw them back in '06.
Doesn't really matter what time you get there, just wait for the first up tempo song, work your way to where the mosh pit is and you can be up front in like 10 seconds and grab a set list on the way out.
Yeaahh...it's not really like that any more.
MariyaEn
Little Bird

-

Post by MariyaEn »

lol my favourite song in this album R U Mine? which is actually on the b-side but its a very good song.. nice to see how the monkeys have matured so much over the years


Everything will be fine