The Mars Volta / Antemasque / Bosnian Rainbows

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
vozhyk87
Little Acorn

Re: The Mars Volta

Post by vozhyk87 »

hxcoliver wrote:the vinyl pre order is up now!!!!!

http://hellomerch.com/sh/index.php?page ... t&Itemid=2
I've been trying to get on pre-order website for past 10 minutes with no luck :(
vozhyk87
Little Acorn

Post by vozhyk87 »

hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

vozhyk87 wrote:
hxcoliver wrote:the vinyl pre order is up now!!!!!

http://hellomerch.com/sh/index.php?page ... t&Itemid=2
I've been trying to get on pre-order website for past 10 minutes with no luck :(
Yeqh I want able to check out either....I guess a lot of people were having trouble as well. I'm gonna have to tey again later
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

I hate that I have to wait until May for the vinyl. Every time I listen to this album, the more I love it. SO GOOD!
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

hmm im not loving this new album,, not sure why, i love all their previous stuff,, maybe i need to give it some time
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

achouza wrote:hmm im not loving this new album,, not sure why, i love all their previous stuff,, maybe i need to give it some time
Maybe you just need more time. It took me many listens (and still is.) The guitars seem to be turned down and sparse and the synth is in your face, but I love the drumming and Cedric's vocals. Of course, there's also nothing wrong with not liking it either. I'll be really interested to hear what happens with the next one, with Omar saying it will be more of a full band project and less of a dictatorship. Did you like Octahedron? I went back and listened to it again getting ready for the new one, and I sort of prefer this one. I'm still digging in though. I love hearing it on headphones, but they always have good headphone albums.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

yeah i love octahedron,, super good,, yeah il keep giving it a listen, im sure il get hooked
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Per their Facebook, the Noctourniquet vinyl release is ready early and all pre-orders will now begin shipping around May 7th. Very nice. So so ready to hear this one on my turntable with some headphones.

Next step will be awaiting a replacement because they rushed the order and screwed some of them up like the Telesterion release. :) I keed, I keed.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

ellisintransit wrote:Per their Facebook, the Noctourniquet vinyl release is ready early and all pre-orders will now begin shipping around May 7th. Very nice. So so ready to hear this one on my turntable with some headphones.

Next step will be awaiting a replacement because they rushed the order and screwed some of them up like the Telesterion release. :) I keed, I keed.
This is great news! Can't wait to get mine. Just picked up Telesterion this weekend. Found it super cheap. Listening to it all day and it's so good!
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Retweeted by Sonny Kay, someone received their Noctourniquet record and posted a photo. I don't think I've ever seen square labels on a record before. Cannot wait for this to arrive.

http://instagr.am/p/KEBWALyW9d/
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

ellisintransit wrote:Retweeted by Sonny Kay, someone received their Noctourniquet record and posted a photo. I don't think I've ever seen square labels on a record before. Cannot wait for this to arrive.

Oh hell yes! Please let this be in my mailbox when I get home!
vozhyk87
Little Acorn

Post by vozhyk87 »

ellisintransit wrote:Retweeted by Sonny Kay, someone received their Noctourniquet record and posted a photo. I don't think I've ever seen square labels on a record before. Cannot wait for this to arrive.

Shit's looking awesome! Cannot wait for mine to arrive. I've gone on Mars Volta shopping spree lately. Got Frances The Mute (3xLP) and Amputechture.
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

Hi ppl!

I really like this band, I knew them for quite a while but just recently got to appreciate them with Noctourniquet.

Sadly enough I couldn't go to their show near me this summer, a real bummer. I heard they are splitting up now. Is this true? Does this mean there will still be shows and just no new records, or is it over for good?

The only LP I own is Octahedron for now but I'm in the process of getting Noctourniquet. The older Albums are going for a bunch of money on eBay.

Does any one have the Glow in the Dark Frances the Mute press?
"If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall".
vozhyk87
Little Acorn

Post by vozhyk87 »

nrssab wrote:Hi ppl!

I really like this band, I knew them for quite a while but just recently got to appreciate them with Noctourniquet.

Sadly enough I couldn't go to their show near me this summer, a real bummer. I heard they are splitting up now. Is this true? Does this mean there will still be shows and just no new records, or is it over for good?

The only LP I own is Octahedron for now but I'm in the process of getting Noctourniquet. The older Albums are going for a bunch of money on eBay.

Where did you hear they are splitting up?

Yea, old vinyl is pretty expensive. I only have regular Frances the Mute, and it cost a bit anyways. The GITD is probably around $150.
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

vozhyk87 wrote:
nrssab wrote:Hi ppl!

Where did you hear they are splitting up?

Yea, old vinyl is pretty expensive. I only have regular Frances the Mute, and it cost a bit anyways. The GITD is probably around $150.
Hi, on wikipedia it says they are in hiatus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mars_V ... .282012.29

And last night I found this thread on their forum. http://forum.thecomatorium.com/forum/in ... pic=125521
Might all just be exaggerated rumors. I don't know but would like to.
"If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall".