Thee Oh Sees

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
User avatar
achouza
Little Ghost
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:29 am
Contact:

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by achouza » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:30 pm

the three new tapes are up for sale on www.lolipoprecords.com for $5 each
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>

User avatar
3quid
Little Acorn
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by 3quid » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Picked up one of these last weekend at the Thalia Hall chicago show. Good representation of John Dwyer IMO.

Thee Oh Sees started off the show with a blistering pace with 4 heavy hitters right off the bat, then things slowed down a bit for much of the rest of the show when they played mostly newer stuff. I think that was the first time I was at one of their shows and they didn't play an encore :|

Image

User avatar
Melon
Little Ghost
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:59 am

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by Melon » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:25 pm

3quid wrote:Picked up one of these last weekend at the Thalia Hall chicago show. Good representation of John Dwyer IMO.

Thee Oh Sees started off the show with a blistering pace with 4 heavy hitters right off the bat, then things slowed down a bit for much of the rest of the show when they played mostly newer stuff. I think that was the first time I was at one of their shows and they didn't play an encore :|

Image
was this with 1 or 2 drummers? Curious to hear what they sound like after the abrupt departure of Ryan on drums.
houses are full of things that gather dust

User avatar
3quid
Little Acorn
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by 3quid » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:28 pm

One drummer this time. I really liked them with two the last time they were in town.


User avatar
Hair
Little Acorn
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:21 am
Location: LA

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by Hair » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:25 am


User avatar
Melon
Little Ghost
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:59 am

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by Melon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:08 am

anybody else on here order the John Dwyer poster book? Making sure we're all still waiting for shipping...
houses are full of things that gather dust

User avatar
achouza
Little Ghost
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:29 am
Contact:

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by achouza » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:22 pm

Melon wrote:anybody else on here order the John Dwyer poster book? Making sure we're all still waiting for shipping...
yup, same here waiting
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>

chaptertwentyone
Little Ghost
Posts: 3226
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by chaptertwentyone » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:33 pm

Maybe since there's a signed edition they're waiting until those are done before sending any of the editions out?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
MEMBER THAT?”

User avatar
Melon
Little Ghost
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:59 am

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by Melon » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:44 am

chaptertwentyone wrote:Maybe since there's a signed edition they're waiting until those are done before sending any of the editions out?
possibly. i got a notice a day or so ago. should arrive on monday.
houses are full of things that gather dust

User avatar
achouza
Little Ghost
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:29 am
Contact:

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by achouza » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:09 pm

I received my signed copy of the book today in CA

really cool book
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>

User avatar
Melon
Little Ghost
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:59 am

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by Melon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:21 pm

achouza wrote:I received my signed copy of the book today in CA

really cool book
yes. excited to read the specific notes on each poster.
houses are full of things that gather dust

User avatar
Hair
Little Acorn
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:21 am
Location: LA

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by Hair » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:08 am

CF mentioned on Facebook there was a delay with some copies (not sure if they mean the physical inventory or just the Dwyer signatures) and if you haven't received tracking then it hasn't gone out yet (unfortunately I fall into this category).

To those who have received the book, how is it?

User avatar
achouza
Little Ghost
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:29 am
Contact:

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by achouza » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Hair wrote:CF mentioned on Facebook there was a delay with some copies (not sure if they mean the physical inventory or just the Dwyer signatures) and if you haven't received tracking then it hasn't gone out yet (unfortunately I fall into this category).

To those who have received the book, how is it?
Book is super cool, starting with the prints which are pretty awesome. The notes are brief for each print, but really cool to see. The book is really high quality, from the cover to the pages. Really good purchase overall

The introduction by John is also really interesting to read

I was slightly bummed that none of his prints that I own made it into the book, but oh well.
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>

chaptertwentyone
Little Ghost
Posts: 3226
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by chaptertwentyone » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:23 pm

A slew of new shows were just added for the fall including Warsaw in Brooklyn.
Really looking forward to seeing them for the first time.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
MEMBER THAT?”

Post Reply