Discuss non-TMR bands in here
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Re: Thee Oh Sees

Post by JonnyH »

achouza wrote:
Melon wrote:[ebay]221201867773[/ebay]

oh man this thing is gorgeous!

but it does have me a little worried that this guy has his & mine still looks like it hasn't been dropped at the post office :? hopefully you're right JohnnyH, i'd love for this to turn up with out me expecting it

Anybody else check their #'s yet? any updates?

*ah finally got some movement, should show up next week!
I havent gotten my shipping number yet and i was one of the first to order the splatter,,, im starting to worry they lost some orders,, anybody else in the same situation?
Mine arrived yesterday.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

achouza wrote:
Melon wrote:[ebay]221201867773[/ebay]

oh man this thing is gorgeous!

but it does have me a little worried that this guy has his & mine still looks like it hasn't been dropped at the post office :? hopefully you're right JohnnyH, i'd love for this to turn up with out me expecting it

Anybody else check their #'s yet? any updates?

*ah finally got some movement, should show up next week!
I havent gotten my shipping number yet and i was one of the first to order the splatter,,, im starting to worry they lost some orders,, anybody else in the same situation?
I would contact them for sure they said there computers got stolen at sxsw so it could be a lost order or just behind because of that.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

i think i heard that they shipped everything out before they left for SXSW... i'd definitely drop them a line if you don't have tracking digits.

I really like the album, kind of comes off as more 80's punk inspired, faster & rawer. Does the recording seems a bit more lo-fi than Carrion Crawler & Putrifiers or is that just me?
houses are full of things that gather dust
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

It's not just you. And some more than others. (Strawberries 1+2, Night Crawler) It's a *wild* mix of their sounds. And I can't wait to see them next -- these are gonna sound unbelievable live.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

in time for Record Store Day, they'll package up a handful of "a little more light-hearted" songs left over from the Floating Coffin sessions to be released as an vinyl-only EP.
NEED. I'd bet this'll be on Castle Face but who knows

Here's the whole story: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... p-20130321 does give some insight into FC.. a little more free flowing approach and it definitely shines though
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

Here they are performing one of the new songs from the album.

I was about 3 rows right in front of John during this set at SXSW. This crowd was madness.

3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

Loving the new video for Minotaur

Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Whose got the scoop on Moon Sick? I'm out of town all week so it's tought to keep up.

limited RSD thing or just being released on that day?
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Moon Sick will be a four song EP. Here's one track off the album "Candy Clock" http://www.theeohsees.com/tunes/

Sounds like initial release will be standard RSD thing but will be available after the fact from Castle Face BUT they are sort of vague about it all. Time to start bugging local shops to see who's getting this.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

I'm ISO Moon Sick on white vinyl (or so i've heard) PM if you have one or pick up an extra if they go on sale at castle face (i'm 90% sure i'll miss that sale)

Anybody on here get this? My shops had no ty no oh sees...
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Melon wrote:I'm ISO Moon Sick on white vinyl (or so i've heard) PM if you have one or pick up an extra if they go on sale at castle face (i'm 90% sure i'll miss that sale)

On white? Mine is on black.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

JonnyH wrote:
Melon wrote:I'm ISO Moon Sick on white vinyl (or so i've heard) PM if you have one or pick up an extra if they go on sale at castle face (i'm 90% sure i'll miss that sale)

On white? Mine is on black.
rumor is there's a white version... Im thinking it may go on sale on the Castle Face website at some point. If anyone can grab a second copy when that goes up i'll gladly buy it off someone.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

I have seen 2 different covers for this is there a difference in anything else one has the moon on it and the other just says what it is in red writing.
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Huh. Mine looks like their pics. And is black vinyl.
MoonSick_Front.jpg
MoonSick_Back.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Moller72 wrote:I have seen 2 different covers for this is there a difference in anything else one has the moon on it and the other just says what it is in red writing.
Sounds like front and the back....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net