Ty Segall

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
achouza
Little Ghost

Ty Segall

Post by achouza »

Hey guys,
Anybody a Ty Segall fan? I started listening to this guy last week and im pretty hooked,,

By the way im ISO Ty Segall 7' singles if anybody is looking to trade or sell
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
focusmatic
Little Cream Soda

Re: Ty Segall

Post by focusmatic »

Ty Segall rocks!
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

After hearing lots of good reviews of his live show I went to see him last week in Nashville. Fucking insane. It was amazing. D.Watusi was awesome, Heavy Cream was great but Ty really went nuts. It was an incredibly fun show and I have the bruises to prove it. The Exit/In (where they played) have started a strict no-fun stage diving/crowd surfing sign and during all the other bands people had security catch them once they landed. But during Ty, there was nothing security could do to stop it. There was practically a line formed on stage of different fans and/or different band members waiting their turn to jump. Cy Barkley jumped and he's a pretty big guy, but I don't even think he was the biggest. After one successful outing, Ty went back out again aiming straight for the "No crowd surfing" sign and tried to rip it off the wall while being held up. Sadly he couldn't get it off the wall.

Besides all that his music was awesome. It was like a revival of grunge. Really had a great time with a bunch of friends. Oh yeah, and the Black Belles were there too as well as a handful of other TMR staff. For being all dressed up the Black Belles were right up near the stage and mildly participating in the rowdiness too.

Can't wait to see him again.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

thats awesome,,,
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

i know you said 7" but...
[ebay]330615657347[/ebay]
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

achouza wrote:Hey guys,
Anybody a Ty Segall fan? I started listening to this guy last week and im pretty hooked,,

By the way im ISO Ty Segall 7' singles if anybody is looking to trade or sell
I was at a record shop in Iowa City today and noticed that Ty will be in town on Oct 4th. I plan on going to the show and perhaps I can pick up something if there is anything in particular you'd like me to look for.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

Stl_ben wrote:Here ya go: Singles 2007-2010: http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=196666&
Awesome Flexi-disc book: http://www.goner-records.com/cart/index ... ts_id=7747

sweeet, thanks
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Ty is the man. & ^^^ that flexi book is pretty darn awesome.

if you like Ty you might dig in new Mikal Cronin LP that came out a few weeks ago http://www.troubleinmindrecs.com/catalog.html#top

Cronin occasonally plays bass for Ty on tour & they've put out a handful of incredibly awesome Ty Segall & Mikal Cronin records. not to mention Ty plays the drums for about half the songs on the record. check it out!
houses are full of things that gather dust
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

Melon wrote:Ty is the man. & ^^^ that flexi book is pretty darn awesome.

if you like Ty you might dig in new Mikal Cronin LP that came out a few weeks ago http://www.troubleinmindrecs.com/catalog.html#top

Cronin occasonally plays bass for Ty on tour & they've put out a handful of incredibly awesome Ty Segall & Mikal Cronin records. not to mention Ty plays the drums for about half the songs on the record. check it out!
Yep, that's the guy that played bass for Ty last week and his band played just before Ty's did. I liked them as well.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

3quid wrote: Yep, that's the guy that played bass for Ty last week and his band played just before Ty's did. I liked them as well.
i just got my ticket to see him in LA oct. 26 i'm stoked! when i saw Ty this summer it was before Cronin joined up as the supporting act (he was just rockin' the bass for Ty)
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

i hear a new Ty 7" is just around the corner apparently he was selling copies twords the end of the tour. "Spiders" & "Hand Glams" b/w Cherry Red (a Groundhogs cover).

word is it will be on Drag City. scouring the web there is very little info... i can't wait though :D
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

Melon wrote:i hear a new Ty 7" is just around the corner apparently he was selling copies twords the end of the tour. "Spiders" & "Hand Glams" b/w Cherry Red (a Groundhogs cover).

word is it will be on Drag City. scouring the web there is very little info... i can't wait though :D
yeah i bought a copy a week ago, it was a great show, i got the setlist and got to talk to ty after the show
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Cjacks20
Little Bird

Post by Cjacks20 »

Melon wrote:i hear a new Ty 7" is just around the corner apparently he was selling copies twords the end of the tour. "Spiders" & "Hand Glams" b/w Cherry Red (a Groundhogs cover).

Yep came out the day of the show in Chicago at the Empty Bottle...really great cover...there is one on ebay right now