Ty Segall

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
Melon
Little Ghost

Re: Ty Segall

Post by Melon »

Grimtale wrote:Is this what ye speak of?
Grim

the last link is for a limited variant of the first LP (s/t), two toned LP (one side white, one side green) 100 for sale right now from castleface 100 available only on tour.

this is crazy though clear 10"s last week this week is the colored tour versions :shock:
houses are full of things that gather dust
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Stl_ben wrote:Ty Segall live studio session on Daytrotter today at 5pm (Central)
Wish it would have been a new session.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Melon wrote:
jsteinb wrote:Castle Face has a limited colored edition of Ty's s/t record up for sale right now:
Ty Segall's first record, the one man band lo-fi masterpiece that started it all.

Limited edition of 200 (100 here, 100 that you can only get from Ty on tour) on A side WHITE, B side coke bottle green vinyl! Includes a download card!

http://www.castlefacerecords.com/produc ... ed-edition
awesome stuff in the preorder thread!
anyone grab one of these they want to trade or sell me?
Harry
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I may have an extra, I'll let you know when I get it.
Mark
I am everything you hate...
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Hamptonio wrote:God bless you, Ty Segall.
http://pitchfork.com/news/47109-ty-sega ... new-album/
THANK YOU for this! Just bought a ticket for Brooklyn, yo.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

cmelo wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:God bless you, Ty Segall.
http://pitchfork.com/news/47109-ty-sega ... new-album/
THANK YOU for this! Just bought a ticket for Brooklyn, yo.
Same here!
Can't wait!
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

i was looking up ty's early band, epsilons, on youtube and found this beauty.
ty's got some acting chops too.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

listen to ty's new song "the hill".
http://www.dragcity.com/
per usual, it rules.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

only 13 days left till Ty at The Well!
I picked up The Hill 7" last week.
Its really good!
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Ha -- oh my god. New vid for The Hill.

jsteinb
Little Bird

Post by jsteinb »

Anyone care to chime in on what the merch has been like so far on the tour? Seeing Ty and Thee Oh Sees on Monday.
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

jsteinb wrote:Anyone care to chime in on what the merch has been like so far on the tour? Seeing Ty and Thee Oh Sees on Monday.
Was just about to post that I saw them last night in Brooklyn. Uh-mazing. Really long story, short(ish -- sorry): Some band called K-Holes opened (not my bag, but they kicked in more toward the end of their set...). Ty and Mikal were outside the VIP trailer near me watching them. Thee Oh Sees were **un-be-lievable**: really phenomenal, ultraloud, crystal-clear sound, and most important...they're just beyond fantastic. Tightest band I've seen in a long time. Ty came out and was...Ty. Awesome. The sound seemed off to me for a while early in his set -- not just his usual fuzz, but off. Either that or Thee Oh Sees blew out my hearing before Ty. The whole band was great, and you can feel Mikal's bass vibrate right through your shoes. When Ty started Standing at the Station early on, the place erupted into utter mayhem. Beer cups flying (one hit Ty), crowd surfing (not Ty), wild moshing, someone in there waving their crutches in the air, and some guy jumped up on stage during a song, faced the audience for a few secs, kinda took a bow, then jumped off again into the crowd. It was great...but I was glad I wasn't right up front. Then it started raining.... Ty stopped at one point to check on someone who was (literally) bleeding from his ear, then called for a medic for someone else. He teased with Sweet Home Alabama (!), and though I thought his set was seemed kind of short compared with OCs, he started his encore with a bit of The Doors' The End. Whaaa...?!?! Couldn't believe it.

Merch was a ton of K-Holes/Thee Oh Sees/Ty records and CDs. Some OCs patches and T-shirts, couple Ty shirts. Couple tote bags, I think by K-Holes? No posters. I also picked up a Culture Kids 12" they had for sale. Had everything in a bag and managed to save it all during the rain with a partial umbrella/stuff-records-up-under-your shirt combo method.

Chatted with Petey Dammit! kinda by accident outside before doors opened and then at the merch table (he was manning it with someone else). Super-nice guy...and an ungodly good musician. Signed my etched Castlemania sleeve for me. (Sorry about the reflections in the photo.)

Great, great time. BTW, Brooklyn Brewery IPA -- wow. Lit a buzz off, like, instantly.
Castlemania.jpg
CultureKids.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJcX-3YQ ... r_embedded

sample of Twins... sounds pretty cool :D
houses are full of things that gather dust