Tragically Hip

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Tragically Hip

Post by arewhyehen »

I was going through all my old Hip ticket stubs and realized I don't have a stub for the 2013 Rock The Park show in London, ON.

Anyone have a stub that they can scan and send me an image of so I cant print one out?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

arewhyehen wrote:I have been talking with Rob since last week and mentioned the idea of my girlfriend and I interviewing the band for a podcast series she is working on at work on the history of Canadian music and he agreed....so really hope that it all pans out and we get to do that soon. So excited...
:thumbup:
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

It seems I'm the only one who posts in here, but I'm going to post this anyways...

Tonight on CBC The National, they are interviewing Gord Downie to talk about his health. There is a 2 minute clip preview that is pretty intense and heart breaking...going to be a tough one to watch that will hit close to home, not only because of Gord, but friends and family with similar illnesses.

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

arewhyehen wrote:It seems I'm the only one who posts in here, but I'm going to post this anyways...

Tonight on CBC The National, they are interviewing Gord Downie to talk about his health. There is a 2 minute clip preview that is pretty intense and heart breaking...going to be a tough one to watch that will hit close to home, not only because of Gord, but friends and family with similar illnesses.
Catching up. Thank you very very much for this Ryan.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

https://www.facebook.com/theTragicallyH ... =3&theater

Surprise single from these guys today. I believe it is in Canada only....

Just found out about this an hour ago. So happy to have grabbed one.

FullSizeRender.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

This past saturday was one of the coolest days of my life.

I had the chance to head up to Rob Baker's house and interview him as part of a project my girlfriend is working on. I got a hold of him after their final show this past summer and he agreed to do this.

The whole thing was so surreal. We walked up to his front door and knocked, not knowing what to expect. I figured his wife, or son or anyone but him might answer and let us in, but it was him. It's weird to explain, but I just never expected him to answer. Anyways, we walked around and talked for a bit before the interview which lasted about 40 minutes. After that we took a tour of the rest of the house and his studio downstairs which has a ton of instruments, including about 20+ guitars from his entire career. It was beautiful. So many great songs started down there..

After that we went upstairs and talked music and records, of course. We got on the topic of rare stuff and he got up and walked over to his collection and said "Here is one you have never seen. Not many have," and then pulled out an album called "Dougie Stardust". It was their newest album, but the original design. Man Machine Poem was supposed to be called Dougie Stardust as a nod to Bowie. The baby with the mullet on the front is because of Bowie. The inside of the gatefold was totally different with polaroids and a bunch of cool things. The back cover was the same design as the London Calling artwork but with Dougie Stardust along the edges. Once Bowie passed away earlier this year and Gord got diagnosed, the album was delayed so they could redesign the artwork and rename it to make it more serious. There were a few cases of records already in production which all had to be tracked down and destroyed......Rob kept one of the only copies and I got to hold it. I wanted to run out the door. I kept thinking in my head that he would let me keep it..haha Nope..

We sat and talked for over two hours at his house. He was such a down to earth, humble dude. I couldn't believe it. I just kept talking so he couldn't kick me out..haha

Before I left I asked for a photo and got a few things signed..was happy to do it.

Here is a blog my girlfriend wrote that explains a bit more... Check out the part about the DS beer....would have been so cool...

https://hippiehistorian.com/2016/11/27/ ... t-the-hip/
IMG_6475b.jpg
IMG_4226a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Looks like I'm the only one to post in this haha

But here is the interview we did..

Turned out well I think. Talked about how the band formed and early touring days as well as unreleased music.

Hope you guys give it a listen and enjoy it.

https://hippiehistorian.com/2017/06/30/ ... ian-sound/
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

arewhyehen wrote:Looks like I'm the only one to post in this haha
Only one to post but not only one to read :)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Looks like I'm the only one to post in this haha
Only one to post but not only one to read :)

Haha good. I'm ok with being the only one to post. Did you have time to take a listen?
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

nope, haha, I really only check out the forum at work and can't really listen to stuff like that.. I'll try to get one it one day here.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote:nope, haha, I really only check out the forum at work and can't really listen to stuff like that.. I'll try to get one it one day here.

Thanks. It's done really well. A few of the people from the hip crew have shared t as well on their social media.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Very verry rough day for me and many Canadians... Even with the news of Gord Downie's cancer announced last year, this is a day we all could not have prepared for. For me, as much as I love Jack White, Gord and the Tragically Hip will always hold a spot in my heart that no other band could.. I know there are other Canadian's on here, so I hope you are all doing well..