The Strokes !!!!

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
icdvet
Little Ghost

Re: The Strokes !!!!

Post by icdvet »

DBCooper wrote:
icdvet wrote:Julian Casablancas still owes me a dollar!
for what?
I saw them play at the 40 watt in Athens GA on their first tour (TWS had been there 3 days earlier I think but I didnt go). We got their early and they were at the back of the venue playing video games. Julian ran out of quarters so cadged some from me. They were pretty cool guys and very friendly. I got them to sign a baseball shirt and my buddy got his CD cover signed (each on their own picture). Before the gig Kimya Dawson of the Moldy Peaches was sitting out front chatting to people too (but I didnt know who she was!)
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

icdvet wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
for what?
I saw them play at the 40 watt in Athens GA on their first tour (TWS had been there 3 days earlier I think but I didnt go). We got their early and they were at the back of the venue playing video games. Julian ran out of quarters so cadged some from me. They were pretty cool guys and very friendly. I got them to sign a baseball shirt and my buddy got his CD cover signed (each on their own picture). Before the gig Kimya Dawson of the Moldy Peaches was sitting out front chatting to people too (but I didnt know who she was!)
good story! i got to see them once a few years ago. great show. hope they announce some more U.S. dates soon. smaller venues would be great!
That can go now.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

anonymousbrunette wrote:The Strokes website said the deal was for two days - through Saturday. However the store page showed the regular prices. I thought maybe the discount would be reflected at checkout so completed the order. No deal. I (very) politely contacted customer service to inquire about it and they essentially told me to suck it, the prices were the prices. I wrote back quoting the website, saying that the sale was on through Saturday and they wrote back saying tough luck. So I cancelled the order in my third e-mail. Bites.
Sucks doesn't it - I missed out on the offer too and couldn't find a willing US person to help me out - damn
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

icdvet wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
for what?
yeah, i remember seeing kimya before the show in austin at stubb's. huge blonde fro as i recall.
i had to take a piss so i went to the bathroom and some tall guy followed me in. there were 3 stalls and this guy totally didn't follow "the rule" and peed in the stall directly next to mine. i looked over with a "guess you don't know the rule" look and he said "hey man, i like your shirt". "uh, thanks", i replied.
turns out that rule breaker's name was nick valensi. handsome son of a bitch. i wish i knew who the hell he was back then...
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
lebowski
Little Bird

Post by lebowski »

the strokes are shit.
When I Die Bury Me Upright.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

lebowski wrote:the strokes are shit.
Shit disturber.
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

Dude
You have been on this forum precisely 3 weeks so how about shutting the f**k up for once?
lebowski
Little Bird

Post by lebowski »

icdvet wrote:
Dude
You have been on this forum precisely 3 weeks so how about shutting the f**k up for once?
thank you
you do the same.
When I Die Bury Me Upright.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

lebowski wrote:
icdvet wrote:
Dude
thank you
you do the same.
Nice comeback.

*cough* jackass *cough*
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

lebowski wrote:
icdvet wrote:
Dude
thank you
you do the same.
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought the "Other bands" forum was a place where those of us that like more than one band could discuss them? I gather from your recent posts that it is instead just a forum for dissing everyone else's taste in music. Grim has posted some Led Zepp stuff this afternoon - I am awaiting with baited breath a similar insightful comment from you as your recent postings "The Strokes are shit" and "Radiohead are shit". "Led Zeppelin are shit", perhaps? Maybe followed by "The National are shit", "Arcade Fire are shit", "Joy Division were shit", etc., etc., ad nauseam.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

icdvet wrote: Oh, I'm sorry, I thought the "Other bands" forum was a place where those of us that like more than one band could discuss them? I gather from your recent posts that it is instead just a forum for dissing everyone else's taste in music. Grim has posted some Led Zepp stuff this afternoon - I am awaiting with baited breath a similar insightful comment from you as your recent postings "The Strokes are shit" and "Radiohead are shit". "Led Zeppelin are shit", perhaps? Maybe followed by "The National are shit", "Arcade Fire are shit", "Joy Division were shit", etc., etc., ad nauseam.
Anyone that disses LZ or Ozzy (Sabbath days, even I diss the current Ozzy)... will feel the wrath!

Grim
I am everything you hate...
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

the strokes are shit! :D
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

hawke000 wrote:the strokes are shit! :D
:lol:
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

Free Show @ SXSW
Levi’s presents The Strokes at SXSW
The Strokes will return to SXSW on Thursday, March 17th to play the Auditorium Shores Stage (at Lady Bird Lake). The show will be free and open to the public, courtesy of the fine folks at Levi’s, who will also provide footage of the show online one day after their performance. The New York five-piece rock-band return with their highly anticipated fourth album, Angles, to be released March 22nd via RCA in the US, and March 21st via Rough Trade in the UK. Angles is the band’s first new release in 5 years, and their showcase will be their first return to SXSW since their now-legendary 2001 showcase at the Iron Cactus.
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Post by JoseyWales »

SX just keeps getting better and better!!!