The Kills

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
tanzaib
Little Ghost

The Kills

Post by tanzaib »

N/A
Last edited by tanzaib on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
lordaishamort
Little Bird

Re: The Kills

Post by lordaishamort »

From NME Magazine:

From Domino Records:
On The Kill’s fourth album, their trademark sounds - the razor sharp guitars, urgent rhythms, and sexually charged lyricism - are present and in place, but this time around they’re bolstered by the bands embrace of a fuller sound, which led to more adventurous studio sessions. Making a break from the sparse, skeletal sound that epitomized the jagged compositions that made up ‘Midnight Boom’, their new songs are more complex creatures created with heavier instrumentation and epic harmonies.

For the sessions that became Blood Pressures, Jamie and Alison returned to Key Club Studios, Michigan where they reunited with Midnight Boom engineers Bill Skibbe and Jessica Ruffins. Produced by Jamie Hince, the album was mixed in London by Tom Elmhirst.

For fans of the street hassle swagger and sass that has come to be associated with The Kills, it’s all still alive and well in their new material, but with an added depth and thoughtfulness which is undoubtedly reflected in the, at times, frankly heartbreaking lyrics. The Kills haven’t disposed of their edgy rock identity, they’ve merely built upon it and created something even more special.
lordaishamort
Little Bird

Post by lordaishamort »

I put a spoiler cut just in case. This article does a break down of a few songs giving some lyrics and descriptions. If you don't want to know and be surprised don't read this. ;)

MOG Music Network:

The riff-heavy opening track, “Future Starts Slow,” sets the tone of the album, with Jamie and Alison united in their trademark singsong vocals over a toms-heavy tribal beat. But the lyrics show a new maturity and a sense that time is an increasingly precious commodity, as when they sing, “Don’t ever give me up, I could never get back up, when the future starts so slow.” Another blistering highlight is the pulsing “Heart Is A Beating Drum,” a classic-Kills slice of beat-driven, dark rock n’ roll. The second track on the album, “Satellite,” builds to a soaring, swelling chorus with additional vocals contributed by The REV Gospel Collective (who also appear on the track “DNA”).

The surprise track is Alison’s wonderfully pure chanteuse turn on the track “Last Goodbye” – a song that could have been plucked from a soundtrack to a forgotten ‘60s film- that pairs her sultry alto with a simple piano and string accompaniment. It’s gorgeously moving, cautiously hopeful and, despite its simplicity, builds to an epic conclusion with Alison singing, “I can’t survive on a halfhearted love that will never be whole."

http://mog.com/blog_...gbar?a=mn177184
tanzaib
Little Ghost

N/A

Post by tanzaib »

Last edited by tanzaib on Thu May 02, 2013 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
lordaishamort
Little Bird

Post by lordaishamort »

Tour Dates :

hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

lordaishamort wrote:Tour Dates :

does anyone know when the US dates go on sale. i cant find info
lordaishamort
Little Bird

Post by lordaishamort »

All I know is that the presale starts tomorrow at 3 pm in the venue's respective time zone. These dates were sent out via email to fans part of the Blood Pressures mailing list only.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

They are playing SXSW
Maybe other dates after the European tour?
lordaishamort
Little Bird

Post by lordaishamort »

While we await Coachella's lineup announcement, South by Southwest has quietly added a slew of acts to its 2011 bill. Highlights include Chromeo, The Kills, Owen Pallett, Surfer Blood, Flogging Molly, Low, GAYNGS, The Antlers, John Grant, Josh Ritter, the Omar Rodriguez Lopez Group, The Rural Alberta Advantage, The Dodos, Sharon Van Etten, Freddie Gibbs, Sage Francis, DJ A-Trak, Portugal. the Man, The Death Set, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr., Dum Dum Girls, Mount Kimbie, Blaqstarr, and Wild Flag, among others. For a full list of confirmed notables, visit our South by Southwest Festival Outlook page.

The music portion of South by Southwest 2011 runs from March 16-20 in Austin, Texas. For ticket information and all other necessary details, visit sxsw.com.
Hopefully there will be more tour dates in general :( I cant go to any of these...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

The tour page was linked from their FB page this morning when I got up. Ticket buying pages below, requires a username and password, but you can get that instantly by signing up at the ticketing intro page via your email.

TUESDAY, JANUARY 18, 2011

TOUR DATES 2011 & FREE SIGNED ART PRINT
WE'RE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE FOLLOWING TOUR DATES FOR THE KILLS IN 2011...

BUY TICKETS DIRECT FROM THE BAND AT THE LINKS BELOW AND RECEIVE AN EXCLUSIVE SIGNED ART PRINT BY THE KILLS

PRESALE FOR LONDON SHOW BEGINS WEDS 19TH JANUARY AT 9AM
but tickets here - http://www.artistarena.uk.com/thekills/

ALL OTHER EUROPEAN SHOWS ON SALE FROM FRI 21ST JANUARY
buy tickets here - http://www.artistarena.eu.com/thekills/

ALL US SHOWS WITH SPECIAL GUESTS COLD CAVE AND THE ENTRANCE BAND, EXCEPT SAN DIEGO, WITH SPECIAL GUESTS THE FOALS
buy tickets here - http://tixx1.artistarena.com/thekills/

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE X
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

rsimms3 wrote:The tour page was linked from their FB page this morning when I got up. Ticket buying pages below, requires a username and password, but you can get that instantly by signing up at the ticketing intro page via your email.

TUESDAY, JANUARY 18, 2011

TOUR DATES 2011 & FREE SIGNED ART PRINT
WE'RE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE FOLLOWING TOUR DATES FOR THE KILLS IN 2011...

BUY TICKETS DIRECT FROM THE BAND AT THE LINKS BELOW AND RECEIVE AN EXCLUSIVE SIGNED ART PRINT BY THE KILLS

PRESALE FOR LONDON SHOW BEGINS WEDS 19TH JANUARY AT 9AM
but tickets here - http://www.artistarena.uk.com/thekills/

ALL OTHER EUROPEAN SHOWS ON SALE FROM FRI 21ST JANUARY
buy tickets here - http://www.artistarena.eu.com/thekills/

ALL US SHOWS WITH SPECIAL GUESTS COLD CAVE AND THE ENTRANCE BAND, EXCEPT SAN DIEGO, WITH SPECIAL GUESTS THE FOALS
buy tickets here - http://tixx1.artistarena.com/thekills/

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE X
Oh man, The Entrance Band is excellent live.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

The Cannery on April 22nd looks pretty appealing. Hope to catch them at SXSW as well.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

kevron6 wrote:The Cannery on April 22nd looks pretty appealing. Hope to catch them at SXSW as well.
Closest they are getting to me is Chicago so I doubt I can catch them.
However, I would still buy a ticket if the art print was cool enough - anyone know what it looks like?
BTW, y'all should check out Jamie's previous band Scarfo - one of the best UK bands of the 90s IMHO.
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Pre sale for London sold out before I got tickets
Anyone with a spare?
lordaishamort
Little Bird

Post by lordaishamort »

Looks like I will be making it to The Kills :D Whos going to the Minneapolis show?