Mumford & Sons

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Mumford & Sons

Post by arewhyehen »

arewhyehen wrote:Tickets went on sale at 11 for the Gentlemen of the Road tour and I am currently waiting in a "virtual line" for them. Ugh, stress....can't believe I am doing this two days in a row..

Survived Day 1 of the "virtual waiting room"

Took me about 25 minutes to get through and then they told me they were sold out. I was pretty pissed off but kept refreshing and trying for more tickets until I finally got 2. Definitely got grey hairs......
Thank goodness for GA...

Day 2 tomorrow: Pearl Jam tix..
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

arewhyehen wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Tickets went on sale at 11 for the Gentlemen of the Road tour and I am currently waiting in a "virtual line" for them. Ugh, stress....can't believe I am doing this two days in a row..

Took me about 25 minutes to get through and then they told me they were sold out. I was pretty pissed off but kept refreshing and trying for more tickets until I finally got 2. Definitely got grey hairs......
Thank goodness for GA...

Sold out already. Damn that was fast. My buddy grew up in simcoe and say he can sneak us in. Haha. That or stub hub I guess.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

gdm wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

Thank goodness for GA...

Sold out already. Damn that was fast. My buddy grew up in simcoe and say he can sneak us in. Haha. That or stub hub I guess.
Definitely go to the show. I went to high school in Simcoe after they kicked me out of my hometown high school :lol:
Its an interesting place. Still not sure why they are going there. BUUUT, yes it should be pretty easy to get into the simcoe fairgrounds. Hope you make it down.
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

arewhyehen wrote: I went to high school in Simcoe after they kicked me out of my hometown high school :lol:
What does one have to do to get kicked out of high school?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

pj101ca wrote:
arewhyehen wrote: I went to high school in Simcoe after they kicked me out of my hometown high school :lol:
What does one have to do to get kicked out of high school?
ahhh, Yes!!

So, I used to be a pretty big fuck up in high school. Didn't really care about marks or anything and skipped a lot.

So I spent a lot of time in the VP's office and we got along well actually. I even dressed up as him for halloween and won first prize. haha

Anyways, one summer my friend and I made a MySpace page for him as a joke. Anyone who knows myspace know that girls would post those dumb photos of themselves half naked in the mirror so I found a photo of a topless fat guy and Photoshopped my VP's face on it and made that the main display pic. We never really did anything with the page and forgot about it....About 3/4 of the way into the second semester after the summer the VP had found the page and we forgot about it but others had found it and left rude messages and so they did some investigation and found out it was me and my friend who made it and kicked me out.

At the time I had no idea what they did was illegal, but I now wish I fought it. They could not kick me out for something that had nothing to do with school and that was not done on school grounds. It took me about 8 months to get back into a school and it was crazy stressful...

I am not saying it was a smart thing to do or the right thing. It was pretty stupid and I was young but I don't really regret it. It's shaped who I am today and given me a hell of a lot of motivation and fight. I work real hard to get what I want now
During this time..

- My friends started a Petition where over half the school signed it for me to come back http://www.petitiononline.com/petitions ... signatures
- There was a walk out to protest me being kicked out where the news showed up and nobody went to class for an entire day. They went for O'Canada in the morning and then after it was finished the students all walked out and started to protest.

- The story was all over the news and started a ton of discussions in Universities and other local schools. I even made it on US news channels..haha
-When I finally made it to a new school I was sitting in physics and a kid was talking about his last class and how the class had a discussion about a kid who was kicked out for myspace and if it was right or wrong and so i told him about what happened to me and it turns out that almost a year later, classrooms were still discussing it.

THE BIGGEST part of the whole situation was that while up until grade 11 I didn't give a shit about marks and barely passed most and grade 12 I turned around and had over a 90 average at the time I was kicked out. People were pretty upset with that, but I finally got in to Simcoe Composite School in Simcoe and graduated with a 95 average. Now I have a degree in Architectural Technology and am workong on my BA and Masters in Architecture and have designed a ton of buildings in my home town where I was kicked out of school. Feels really good to shove it back in their faces. 90% of the teachers probably thought I would never even graduate let alone go on to do the things I have done.

and thats the story....ps..sign the petition ;) haha jk
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Has anyone gotten the deluxe edition Live at Red Rocks box set? I ordered one for my special lady for Valentine's Day, should arrive soon!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

JonnyH wrote:Has anyone gotten the deluxe edition Live at Red Rocks box set? I ordered one for my special lady for Valentine's Day, should arrive soon!
'No sir, but I do look at it and think about getting it. I love listening to mumford on vinyl..
Let me know how it sounds
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

Save Mueller! :lol: :lol:
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

gdm wrote:Save Mueller! :lol: :lol:
Don't laugh. I was a big deal lol :arrow:

kinda nice to go back and read the nice posts people put though.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

arewhyehen wrote:
JonnyH wrote:Has anyone gotten the deluxe edition Live at Red Rocks box set? I ordered one for my special lady for Valentine's Day, should arrive soon!
'No sir, but I do look at it and think about getting it. I love listening to mumford on vinyl..
It's really good! It has a really warm live sound to it.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

JonnyH wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Has it always been $107 for the box set?
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

arewhyehen wrote:
JonnyH wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
The cheapest I was able to find it was on Music Direct for $87.99. http://www.musicdirect.com/p-111967-mum ... x-set.aspx
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

JonnyH wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
JonnyH wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
The cheapest I was able to find it was on Music Direct for $87.99. http://www.musicdirect.com/p-111967-mum ... x-set.aspx
Dang it used to be 65 on amazon I guess they sold out but it sounds good its a lot for 1 vinyl and a book I only bought it because amazon was offering 50 off so I got it for 15.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Moller72 wrote:
JonnyH wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
JonnyH wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Dang it used to be 65 on amazon I guess they sold out but it sounds good its a lot for 1 vinyl and a book I only bought it because amazon was offering 50 off so I got it for 15.
Damn, really? $15??? IF I get it from that link above for 87.99 and then add shipping to Canada, it's $115....fuck...
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

arewhyehen wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
JonnyH wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
JonnyH wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Damn, really? $15??? IF I get it from that link above for 87.99 and then add shipping to Canada, it's $115....fuck...
Yep $15 I don't know if I would spend more then $70 for it 1 vinyl a DVD a cd and book. Check eBay it has been there a few times for not to bad of prices.