John Frusciante

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Re: John Frusciante

Post by hxcoliver »

i saw that the other day. awesome news! i wish i would listen to more of his stuff, i've heard some of the empyrean and it is amazing. he is definitely one fucking bad ass guitarist. i have an Ataxia album, Automatic Writing II, that i love. great album, and the stuff he did with Omar is pretty cool too. that ep with just them too, really sounds like they sat down to jam all through the night and decided to record it.
definitely gonna pick up this new ep. don't want to miss out on it and have them sell for hundreds of dollars like his other stuff goes for.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Best day of my life, message from john on his site. new EP up for preorder and a full album in september!! And top it off with a song right now, can't get better than that.
preorder below
http://johnfrusciante.com/
new song below
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Only a few days until 'Letur-Lefr' is officially released. I'm so hoping my pre-order shows up on Monday. Cannot wait! And furthermore, very excited for the full length coming September.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

makers888 wrote:Only a few days until 'Letur-Lefr' is officially released. I'm so hoping my pre-order shows up on Monday. Cannot wait! And furthermore, very excited for the full length coming September.
I love his new EP, i got the japan release of it. I'm waiting for my records to show up, i ordered a couple. i can't wait for those to spin and the next album in september.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

John Frusciante's Full length LP "PBX Funicular Intaglio Zone" is up for pre-order on 180 gram double LP. I highly recommend picking it up. Also he has made available a non-album track called "Walls and Doors" for free download on his site. there's an interesting blog post explaining his thinking and approach.
This is his second release this summer, the first being an EP "Letur-Lefr". i recommend picking that up on vinyl as well while your at it. Johns vinyl is always a great pickup when its in print because as soon as its gone it will sky rocket in value like all his OOP stuff.

http://www.johnfrusciante.com/
mirrorboxer
Little Cream Soda

Post by mirrorboxer »

Anyone still need this record? The first press was black and limited to 1,000. This repress is also limited to 1,000 and on red vinyl. Get it before they're gone!

"Omar Rodriguez Lopez & John Frusciante" 12”
http://hellomerch.com/sh/index.php?page ... t&Itemid=2
drummintodabeat
Little Acorn

Post by drummintodabeat »

hsp88 wrote:John Frusciante's Full length LP "PBX Funicular Intaglio Zone" is up for pre-order on 180 gram double LP. I highly recommend picking it up. Also he has made available a non-album track called "Walls and Doors" for free download on his site. there's an interesting blog post explaining his thinking and approach.
This is his second release this summer, the first being an EP "Letur-Lefr". i recommend picking that up on vinyl as well while your at it. Johns vinyl is always a great pickup when its in print because as soon as its gone it will sky rocket in value like all his OOP stuff.

http://www.johnfrusciante.com/
Are you ready for some PBX???? 8-)
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

O I'm more than ready, I Actually just got the Japan release and all i can say is it's pure madness and I mean that in the best way
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Hmmm. I guess that's all I can say at this point about PBX. Just....hmmm.
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

so i read on another forum that all his albums are getting reissued pretty soon, should be out late next month i believe, and there was also mention of a box set. but i couldn't find any official word about it
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

hxcoliver wrote:so i read on another forum that all his albums are getting reissued pretty soon, should be out late next month i believe, and there was also mention of a box set. but i couldn't find any official word about it
wow that would be amazing, i already own all of them and i hope they are different so i dont get burned on all the money i spent but this would be incredible. can you post a link to what you read? i haven't seen anything about this on the web and i follow a bunch things around him.

doing some research and i already found preordering on a german site, it says they are all 180 gram so that is already different from all the original presses as they were less than 180 grams with maybe the exception of the empyrean i gotta pull it out to check. i gotta say i will defiantly buy new copies just cause i am a fru completest.
overall a reissue would be great because all these albums are incredible and experiencing them on vinyl is a very special thing.
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

it'd be awesome if it's true. i'd like to own some of his stuff on vinyl. right now i've been listening to A Sphere Inside of Emptiness for the past 5 days. "At Your Enemies" is my favorite song off that.
here's what i read http://forum.thecomatorium.com/forum/in ... 38&st=1060 i don't know how legit the info is, could be bullshit, or not. but just thought i'd throw it out there. to give a heads up
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

hxcoliver wrote:it'd be awesome if it's true. i'd like to own some of his stuff on vinyl. right now i've been listening to A Sphere Inside of Emptiness for the past 5 days. "At Your Enemies" is my favorite song off that.
here's what i read http://forum.thecomatorium.com/forum/in ... 38&st=1060 i don't know how legit the info is, could be bullshit, or not. but just thought i'd throw it out there. to give a heads up
ya i see some preordering poping up on random sites but im gonna wait for some official word, also i hear their may be a box set with them all which will be a must have for me.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

hsp88 wrote:
hxcoliver wrote:it'd be awesome if it's true. i'd like to own some of his stuff on vinyl. right now i've been listening to A Sphere Inside of Emptiness for the past 5 days. "At Your Enemies" is my favorite song off that.
ya i see some preordering poping up on random sites but im gonna wait for some official word, also i hear their may be a box set with them all which will be a must have for me.
also you are listening to a sphere in the heart of silence ;) , Inside of emptiness is also a great one and omar is playing guitar on "666" if you didnt already know
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

hahahahha ooooppss... now i feel silly. haha i typed it without looking back for the title. i'm really digging the album. same guy from Ataxia. i want to give them all more listens.
and yeah i'm gonna wait for there to be an official word from somewhere. if there is a box set, i'll definitely pick that up for sure. thanks for getting me into him.