Greenhornes at the Basement Nashville

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
will_hodge
Little Bird

Re: Greenhornes at the Basement Nashville

Post by will_hodge »

Just throwin' my 2 cents in...

Last night was my first time seeing The Greenhornes and I really enjoyed them! Seeing them live amps up the excitement for the new album for me. I agree that Patrick and Jack look like they are having a blast while Craig is harder to read. Of course, I assume he's having a good time but you couldn't tell if you watch him. I didn't stay for the whole set due to how late it was getting and the bad combination of heat/b.o/chatty kathies that was escalating as the night went on. I really enjoyed Carl too. He's super talented and I dug all of his songs. I think there was a weird air about the night being almost a double bill kind of thing because it didn't get going until about 9:15, then Carl played 17 or 18 songs and then for some reason The Greenhornes didn't start playing till almost 15 minutes or so after they were plugged in and ready to go. Not sure what the hold up was but for a Wednesday night, it just seemed to be a little "drawn out" or something. I had a great time though, so not really complaining, just observing. As I was leaving I hung out by the exit to catch an extra song before going and overheard some posers saying that they bet Jack White and Jim James where in the crowd somewhere. There's always some small section of people who come to these types of shows just because the band members are part of another band. It's pretty sad because both the Greenhornes and Carl are great enough to be enjoyed on their own merits.

Hey orangeshoeskid, I believe I must've been standing pretty close to you, at least during Carl's part of the show. My wife and I were in front, right by the edge of the stage, leaning on the column where the fan was hitting behind us. My wife was wearing a black shirt and I was wearing a dark blue t-shirt and glasses. I left that section right before The Greenhornes started playing though, so it wasn't me that was blocking your view, I promise. Anyways, hope I didn't spill a drink or bump into you or anything. :lol:
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Poster from last night signed by the band for Zack

Drumsticks, tickets, buttons
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Sounds like a great time. Happy for all. Thanks for posting the recap and pics. That is a wicked poster indeed.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

I think there are about 15-20' of the poster for sale with East Attic it was a popular item at the show. I really like the design of it.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

will_hodge wrote: Hey orangeshoeskid, I believe I must've been standing pretty close to you, at least during Carl's part of the show. My wife and I were in front, right by the edge of the stage, leaning on the column where the fan was hitting behind us. My wife was wearing a black shirt and I was wearing a dark blue t-shirt and glasses. I left that section right before The Greenhornes started playing though, so it wasn't me that was blocking your view, I promise. Anyways, hope I didn't spill a drink or bump into you or anything. :lol:
Yep, saw you there. I was right behind you to your left with my fiancee. Right where you were standing turned into a little filming area for the Greenhornes. Some guy was there with some fancy camera recording the whole thing. Wonder if it was for something TMR related...
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
will_hodge wrote: Hey orangeshoeskid, I believe I must've been standing pretty close to you, at least during Carl's part of the show. My wife and I were in front, right by the edge of the stage, leaning on the column where the fan was hitting behind us. My wife was wearing a black shirt and I was wearing a dark blue t-shirt and glasses. I left that section right before The Greenhornes started playing though, so it wasn't me that was blocking your view, I promise. Anyways, hope I didn't spill a drink or bump into you or anything. :lol:
Yep, saw you there. I was right behind you to your left with my fiancee. Right where you were standing turned into a little filming area for the Greenhornes. Some guy was there with some fancy camera recording the whole thing. Wonder if it was for something TMR related...
I saw you and Meg there. You guys need to quit following me.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Sounds like a great time. That poster, tickets and badges look freaking awesome!
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
eastattic
Little Bird

Post by eastattic »

Thanks everyone for the comments on the poster (Kevin you owe us some money). We just posted a message in the Open Market area with a photo of the poster and handbills from the show last night. If anyone is interested please let us know, we only have around 15 or fewer left at this point. Thanks again everyone.

EA
www.eastattic.com
www.etsy.com/shop/eastattic
twitter - EastAtticPrints
facebook - East Attic
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

eastattic wrote:Thanks everyone for the comments on the poster (Kevin you owe us some money). We just posted a message in the Open Market area with a photo of the poster and handbills from the show last night. If anyone is interested please let us know, we only have around 15 or fewer left at this point. Thanks again everyone.

EA
I owe you two clowns nothing. It was cool to give me a poster and handbills but I really should of been paid for the invaluable feedback I provided you two monkeys.'