Brendan Benson at the Basement in Nashville

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Brendan Benson at the Basement in Nashville

Post by Alabama Woody »

kevron6 wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Yep, East Attic from Nashville, Tn. http://www.eastattic.com/

The home page shows the print that was at the concert, they added the concert info below the image.

Its printed as:
Brendan Benson @The Basement w/Mark Watrous 7.10.2010

I think he said his granfather has something to do with the picture?

The man who took the image is one of the artists wife's grandfather
Yep, that's it..........pretty cool.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
eastattic
Little Bird

Post by eastattic »

Hey Everyone,

Doing the poster for Brendan Benson was a great experience. We got to meet him and talk for a few minutes. He had us watch his phone and glass of wine while he took 3 of the posters out to his car. I guess that means he liked them. He really is a nice person. It is also great to see some interest on this site as well.

We did another poster for the Basement, when the Local Natives played there. All we do is get the prints done and attempt to get them to the show early enough so the artist can accept them and decide to sell them (or in Brendan’s case give them away and sign them for fans). The last two times it has worked out. We then are able to sell either extra the gig posters or our art prints on the back end to make our money back. A big bonus is getting to be a part of the event and interacting with the artists.

My wife's late grandfather did take the photo while serving during WWII. This shot was taken over England in 1944. Needless to say a few of the art prints are reserved for some immediate family.

Enough rambling, thanks for the interest and posting our link on the board. We will try to contribute to the community whenever we can.
www.eastattic.com
www.etsy.com/shop/eastattic
twitter - EastAtticPrints
facebook - East Attic
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Welcome to the board eastattic.

Just wondering, is the version sold at the basement a gigposter version (with Brendan's name, venue etc) of the art print I see on your website? If so, I'd love to see a pic. cheers
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

eastattic wrote:Hey Everyone,

We did another poster for the Basement, when the Local Natives played there. All we do is get the prints done and attempt to get them to the show early enough so the artist can accept them and decide to sell them (or in Brendan’s case give them away and sign them for fans). The last two times it has worked out. We then are able to sell either extra the gig posters or our art prints on the back end to make our money back. A big bonus is getting to be a part of the event and interacting with the artists.

Enough rambling, thanks for the interest and posting our link on the board. We will try to contribute to the community whenever we can.
Please do a poster for Laura Veirs. I could comission, if that helps. PM me. She will be there 09/20/10. She is the best and will be supported by The Watson Twins and Led To Sea (fucking fabulous). I hope to convice the people in power to do a Live At TMR if everyone can agree to whatever they need to agree to.

http://lauraveirs.com/wp/ Her newest album is "July Flame" and everyone should own it, vinyl, CD or itunes.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
eastattic
Little Bird

Post by eastattic »

Here is the source photoscan.

Here is an iPhone photo of the gigposter from the backseat of my car (explanaition of poor quality). He did autograph this one for us for the shop wall. The text was hand written then burned into the screen as well.
www.eastattic.com
facebook - East Attic
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Thanks for posting the source photoscan. Nice to see how the poster came to be. I like mine alot, I had already got Brendan to sign two records, I couldn't bring myself to ask him to sign the poster..............But, I'm sure he would have! Thanks for bringing the posters. I am a new fan of East Attic :mrgreen:
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Welcome to the nerdiest website on the Internet. I grew up with these guys so I can honestly say they are all white trash, but I mean that in the nicest way.
eastattic wrote:Hey Everyone,

Doing the poster for Brendan Benson was a great experience. We got to meet him and talk for a few minutes. He had us watch his phone and glass of wine while he took 3 of the posters out to his car. I guess that means he liked them. He really is a nice person. It is also great to see some interest on this site as well.

My wife's late grandfather did take the photo while serving during WWII. This shot was taken over England in 1944. Needless to say a few of the art prints are reserved for some immediate family.

I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

wow... thats all I can come up for that print. I absolutely love it, I'm a big history nerd too so I love that aspect. Are there any more available for sale?
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Here is their Etsy website check it out and see if anymore are available.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/51207248/england1944
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

littleacorn wrote:wow... thats all I can come up for that print. I absolutely love it, I'm a big history nerd too so I love that aspect. Are there any more available for sale?

Looks like 10 are still available if their inventory is correct. The price is super cheap to boot. Their best creation has been their Nashville Fiero club t-shirt which should be reprinted.
eastattic
Little Bird

Post by eastattic »

If there is enough interest, the Fiero Club Shirt could be moved back into production. Right now there are only about 15 people in the "club". This Fiero T-Shirt helps to substantiate the white trash comment by our friend Kevin.

The best photo of the legendary shirt I have here at work (on my phone).

www.eastattic.com
facebook - East Attic
eastattic
Little Bird

Post by eastattic »

littleacorn wrote:wow... thats all I can come up for that print. I absolutely love it, I'm a big history nerd too so I love that aspect. Are there any more available for sale?
Thanks!!!
www.eastattic.com
facebook - East Attic
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

I want to buy the art print and the brenden benson show print. Is the show print availible also?
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

eastattic wrote:If there is enough interest, the Fiero Club Shirt could be moved back into production. Right now there are only about 15 people in the "club". This Fiero T-Shirt helps to substantiate the white trash comment by our friend Kevin.

The best photo of the legendary shirt I have here at work (on my phone).

I say reprint the shirts but I want to be in the Fiero GT club. Do you make them in men's colors?
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

i would support the come back and get a shirt!
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.