The Black Keys

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

The Black Keys

Post by kevron6 »

Just got front row seats for the August show at the Ryman. This will be my first time seeing them
cannot wait.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: The Black Keys

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Front row at the Ryman - wow! Snagged fourth row in DC! They are playing a bigger (seated) venue but I'm happy with our location. Jumped on minutes later to pick up tickets for friends and they were already at the 20th row. This is what happens when the band you like gets big...
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I almost got tickets for the Ryman but those prices are crazy. Especially since you "must" buy the album as well? Bullshit, I'll wait till public sales before I think about it. I love the Black Keys and want to see them live, but I'm not going to pay even more to get something I already have preordered, in addition to fees and whatnot. Is the Ryman all seats or can I get up close and stand against a rail? I'm not for sitting at a show.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:I almost got tickets for the Ryman but those prices are crazy. Especially since you "must" buy the album as well? Bullshit, I'll wait till public sales before I think about it. I love the Black Keys and want to see them live, but I'm not going to pay even more to get something I already have preordered, in addition to fees and whatnot. Is the Ryman all seats or can I get up close and stand against a rail? I'm not for sitting at a show.
All seats or pews if you will. Tickets are 95.00 for 2 with the digital download. I would highly suggest the Ryman for a show just do not get stuck underneath the balcony. The acoustics in the auditorium are unreal and it is rated top five in the world.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

kevron6 wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:I almost got tickets for the Ryman but those prices are crazy. Especially since you "must" buy the album as well? Bullshit, I'll wait till public sales before I think about it. I love the Black Keys and want to see them live, but I'm not going to pay even more to get something I already have preordered, in addition to fees and whatnot. Is the Ryman all seats or can I get up close and stand against a rail? I'm not for sitting at a show.
All seats or pews if you will. Tickets are 95.00 for 2 with the digital download. I would highly suggest the Ryman for a show just do not get stuck underneath the balcony. The acoustics in the auditorium are unreal and it is rated top five in the world.
Top five in the American or Real world?
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Kaber wrote:
kevron6 wrote:
Top five in the American or Real world?
Let me look it up and get back with you.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Well it just depends on what website you believe.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

kevron6 wrote:Well it just depends on what website you believe.
Does look nice - most of UK gig places seep with hundreds of years of character and are not purpose built so accoustics aren't always amazing.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

http://www.artistshousemusic.org/videos ... auditorium
An Interview on the acoustics of the Ryman.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

The only thing that I could find regarding it is "The visitor tour claims that the Ryman has the second best acoustics in the US" and that's it. So other than the Ryman themselves saying that they're amazing I can't find anything to back it up.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I would if it wasn't $95. That's crazy. When I saw them on the last tour it was only like $30 each. I don't care about the digital download part. I might wait and see what ticketmaster will end up costing with all the fees and whatnot, who knows, maybe ill just have to go down to the Ryman and buy tickets if possible.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

higherlimits wrote:The only thing that I could find regarding it is "The visitor tour claims that the Ryman has the second best acoustics in the US" and that's it. So other than the Ryman themselves saying that they're amazing I can't find anything to back it up.

Same here I remember reading somewhere about it being top five but cannot remember where.
For what it is worth I think it is an amazing venue with great acoustics.
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Post by JoseyWales »

I love the Black Keys, and being from the Akron area definitely has its perks when it comes to seeing them play.
You get to see them at unannounced bar shows like this!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

The Ryman is beautiful, and regardless of the acoustics being 2nd or 222nd in the world, it is a remarkable place to see a show.

I am slightly irritated that the tickets require some sort of bundle/purchase to take advantage of the advance sales. I agree w/ Aaron that it gets excessive if you've already pre-ordered something (not to mention the increase in price from the last tour.) And if I buy four tickets I certainly don't need four downloads.

Wow, JW, that show must have been wicked.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Post by JoseyWales »

Oh, it was so great. I just heard there might be a Black keys show ,
but no one knew for sure so we just headed over to the bar and probably less than 100 people were there for it.
So great. Its were they played most of their shows when they first started out. The Beachland