The Black Keys

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
3quid
Little Acorn

Re: The Black Keys

Post by 3quid »

kevron6 wrote:
Kaber wrote:Picked up the album and tickets to see them at Brixton Academy on my 40th birthday - awesome
Finally someone on the boards that is older than me. For what it is worth after meeting you I would of guessed early 30's. You look alot like Charlie off of Lost when you have the beard.
How old would you put me at?
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

kevron6 wrote:
Kaber wrote:Picked up the album and tickets to see them at Brixton Academy on my 40th birthday - awesome
Finally someone on the boards that is older than me. For what it is worth after meeting you I would of guessed early 30's. You look alot like Charlie off of Lost when you have the beard.
Mr. Grim is 40...
I am everything you hate...
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

1970 was a good year. I'm just sayin'.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

...I'm 23 :)
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn

Post by EdwardWBjornson »

I think they should play in Norway soon. Would be great :D
The album is getting better and better as I listen to it more and more, and I'm considering buying Magic Potion or Thickfreakness :)

(and I'm 17)
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

EdwardWBjornson wrote:I think they should play in Norway soon. Would be great :D
The album is getting better and better as I listen to it more and more, and I'm considering buying Magic Potion or Thickfreakness :)

(and I'm 17)
I highly recommend picking them both up.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

3quid wrote:
kevron6 wrote:
How old would you put me at?
28?
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

3quid wrote:
EdwardWBjornson wrote:I think they should play in Norway soon. Would be great :D

(and I'm 17)
I highly recommend picking them both up.
I used to think Rubber Factory was their best album but my son convinced me that Thickfreakness is the the best. We had an argument about it on a trip to Nashville we listened to them both and I had to concede that he is correct.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

I watched The Black Keys on Letterman and Fallon this last week. They were good, but they had back up musicians playing with them. I hope they just stick to the two piece set up (Dan and Pat) for this tour. I saw them in April and they played an amazing set list.

I will be seeing them in Kansas City and St Louis in the next two weeks. If anyone else is going to be there, let me know.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

kevron6 wrote:
3quid wrote: How old would you put me at?
28?
Thats funny, most people would put me at 18.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

3quid wrote:I watched The Black Keys on Letterman and Fallon this last week. They were good, but they had back up musicians playing with them. I hope they just stick to the two piece set up (Dan and Pat) for this tour. I saw them in April and they played an amazing set list.

I will be seeing them in Kansas City and St Louis in the next two weeks. If anyone else is going to be there, let me know.
Nope, they are taking the other 2 guys with them on tour. But only bring them out for the new songs. It doesn't have the same vibe as past tours... :(
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

Here is the set list from Friday nights show in Kansas City.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I love that they keep continuing the same theme with the font in everything they keep putting out. I wonder why some were underlined, do you remember anything be different about those songs that'd warrant an underline?
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

orangeshoeskid wrote:I love that they keep continuing the same theme with the font in everything they keep putting out. I wonder why some were underlined, do you remember anything be different about those songs that'd warrant an underline?
the middle section of songs were the ones that the other two musicians came out and played with them.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Ah, yeah. I should have realized that. Too tired at the time to notice something so obvious.