Black Keys 2010 Tour / New Album

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
3quid
Little Acorn

Black Keys 2010 Tour / New Album

Post by 3quid »

I know a few of you guys listen to the Black Keys also and since they are releasing a new album here in May, followed by a tour, I figured I see if anyone would be hitting up any of the shows. For anyone who hasn't heard their new single, watch the video below. I've already seen them January 1st in Chicago and I plan to see them April 8th in Iowa City, June 4th in Kansas City, June 8th & 9th in Minneapolis, and June 10th in St Louis. If anyone will be going to any of those shows, let me know. I

love_islander
Little People

Re: Black Keys 2010 Tour / New Album

Post by love_islander »

3quid wrote:I know a few of you guys listen to the Black Keys also and since they are releasing a new album here in May, followed by a tour, I figured I see if anyone would be hitting up any of the shows. For anyone who hasn't heard their new single, watch the video below. I've already seen them January 1st in Chicago and I plan to see them April 8th in Iowa City, June 4th in Kansas City, June 8th & 9th in Minneapolis, and June 10th in St Louis. If anyone will be going to any of those shows, let me know. I
How are their live shows?
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

Better than any White Stripes show I've ever seen in person... I've never seen the stripes in person :(
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Great track...love to hear the Keys bring the funk. Anyone heard Blacroc? What I have heard is pretty freaking smooth, but I've been hesitant to pick it up.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

3quid wrote:Better than any White Stripes show I've ever seen in person... I've never seen the stripes in person :(
you have my sympathy - last WS show I got to see was 800km from where I lived (it was the closest one) and was worth the trip - glad I didn't get into them at Icky Thump otherwise I never would have got to see them down here
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

love_islander wrote:
3quid wrote:Better than any White Stripes show I've ever seen in person... I've never seen the stripes in person :(
you have my sympathy - last WS show I got to see was 800km from where I lived (it was the closest one) and was worth the trip - glad I didn't get into them at Icky Thump otherwise I never would have got to see them down here
Seriously though, TBK are great live. I had tickets to see the stripes for my first time on the Icky Thump tour and it got canceled.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I can't compare the two. I've seen TWS twice and TBK once and all of them were a-m-a-z-i-n-g shows.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

I might meet you up in St. Louis. I wish they were coming closer but that is not too bad of a drive for me.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I'm thinking that with the album coming out they will be adding more shows, including some in/around Nashville, so I'm holding out for those.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

orangeshoeskid wrote:I'm thinking that with the album coming out they will be adding more shows, including some in/around Nashville, so I'm holding out for those.
I'm betting there will be a lot more shows. I'm surprised there are no shows in Ohio.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Still working out what shows I'll be hitting up this summer, but really looking forward to the new BK album. I saw them in the summer of 2008 when they actually came to my home town. It's tough to compare the experience to seeing the Stripes since it was at an outdoor festival and during the day, but they completely blew me away and I would highly recommend seeing them live if you have any chance it all, they're absolutely brilliant. Here is a video we shot, I actually lived just a couple hundred meters to the left at the time.

The Blakroc album is pretty cool, very hip-hop or whatever, which I am not into, but still interesting all the same. It's kind of funny to see the hip-hop people coming to blues musicians for tracks, this, JW and Jay-Z... Should be interesting to see where it all goes.

mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

dylnfan wrote:Great track...love to hear the Keys bring the funk. Anyone heard Blacroc? What I have heard is pretty freaking smooth, but I've been hesitant to pick it up.
I love the blacroc stuff, it is really good hiphop. There is one lame track but otherwise very good stuff.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Matt just text me from the Black Keys show. I would just like to say how much I resent him
after working 13 hours today on two hours sleep.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Love me some BK. Central Park snagged two shows this summer. Still waiting for them to hit my area - they're one of the few bands that seems to favor Baltimore over DC.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org