Joanna Newsom

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
chauncy
Little Bird

Joanna Newsom

Post by chauncy »

Hey guys! As you can tell, I'm new to this forum. I stumbled upon it a while back and have just been mostly observing and enjoying the conversations going on. I am not a collector at all, but the passion and enthusiasm and especially knowledge involved that some of you guys show is impressive. I'm a big Jack White fan and all things he's involved in, but it seems like he's got to be one of the biggest distributors and sought after people for memorabilia and merchandise. And it seems like many of you have already obtained the good stuff and it would take either an impressive trade or an impressive dollar amount to have a chance at it. But I am a big fan of Joanna newsom and was interested in trying to purchase her early eps that were only available from her early shows. I have found both available online for $75 a piece and I would pay that if I knew they were legitimate, but I think the originals were burned onto CD so they would be easy to fake. I don't know if anyone here is a fan of hers, but I fell in love with her music like 10 years ago. I would think if anyone could help with tips on spotting fakes/authentics, there would be someone here that could help. I would appreciate any help anyone could give. And I have seen references to some people kinda being a bit tough on new members, so if they would like, feel free to just tell me to go take a flying F*ck at a rolling doughnut. I can handle it.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Joanna Newsom

Post by shaneoftheroad »

chauncy wrote:Hey guys! As you can tell, I'm new to this forum. I stumbled upon it a while back and have just been mostly observing and enjoying the conversations going on. I am not a collector at all, but the passion and enthusiasm and especially knowledge involved that some of you guys show is impressive. I'm a big Jack White fan and all things he's involved in, but it seems like he's got to be one of the biggest distributors and sought after people for memorabilia and merchandise. And it seems like many of you have already obtained the good stuff and it would take either an impressive trade or an impressive dollar amount to have a chance at it. But I am a big fan of Joanna newsom and was interested in trying to purchase her early eps that were only available from her early shows. I have found both available online for $75 a piece and I would pay that if I knew they were legitimate, but I think the originals were burned onto CD so they would be easy to fake. I don't know if anyone here is a fan of hers, but I fell in love with her music like 10 years ago. I would think if anyone could help with tips on spotting fakes/authentics, there would be someone here that could help. I would appreciate any help anyone could give. And I have seen references to some people kinda being a bit tough on new members, so if they would like, feel free to just tell me to go take a flying F*ck at a rolling doughnut. I can handle it.
Welcome to the Swirl. I'm not familiar with Newsom's work but I'm sure someone around here can help you out. Good luck!
chauncy
Little Bird

Re: Joanna Newsom

Post by chauncy »

I appreciate the welcome, and not the go take a flying......