I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Melon
Little Ghost

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Post by Melon »

that has got to be the most frustrating record i've ever come across. Been checking the site multiple times a day for a month then it drops and sells out all while i'm driving home from work :shock: good for the boys but damn :(

There's no way to keep up. I'm thinking about switching to standard ATO black for the gizz stuff. Scope my merch stand.
houses are full of things that gather dust
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

I've streamed a little of "Brunswick" and it's a little bit of a funky and soulful step from Paper Mache.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

chaptertwentyone wrote:I've streamed a little of "Brunswick" and it's a little bit of a funky and soulful step from Paper Mache.
agreed. it's like paper mache and quarters had a baby.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

In the presence of a mirror, my sensory foax-organs detect discontent on my facial image. I cry a digital tear. Motor fluid. Escaping to the floor, it reflects my silhouette. Frigid, slouched, callous. My smell escapes me. A rancid odour. I am everywhere. I am light. I am a reflection. I am that which I am. And I am violent. And I want it to end. Stillness from the grinding gears. I am a raging droid, with a full tank of propellant. Flick the switch. Turn them off. Standby. Cut the cord. Death is a lamb in a wolf’s clothes. A blessing from the lord satan. I am on the altar. I want it. The saccharine of eternal rest. I wish to consume it’s sickly syrup, and lick it from my many fingers. Take me into the moonless night. I need it. Any way I pass will do.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

If any swirl labels want to band together to create the greatest vinyl release of Poly let me know I'll pitch in. Thinking about going for it but I'm afraid of 100 other people doing it too and then being stuck with a bunch of KG records....
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

Melon wrote:If any swirl labels want to band together to create the greatest vinyl release of Poly let me know I'll pitch in. Thinking about going for it but I'm afraid of 100 other people doing it too and then being stuck with a bunch of KG records....
I want to press this so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Dr.Zissou wrote:
Melon wrote:If any swirl labels want to band together to create the greatest vinyl release of Poly let me know I'll pitch in. Thinking about going for it but I'm afraid of 100 other people doing it too and then being stuck with a bunch of KG records....

i was super keen when I first read it, now i'm thinking the market may be too saturated. I don't mind throwing in cash to get it done BUT if 100 other people are doing it too it might be rough (stuck w/ a bunch of KG records that you can't sell :lol: )

If all the swirl minds pull together for one epic limited pressing it could work.

I also wonder if this means the guys see the 5th album as a better offering? Either way very cool, creative, ground breaking way to do the thing.
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

Melon wrote:
Dr.Zissou wrote:

i was super keen when I first read it, now i'm thinking the market may be too saturated. I don't mind throwing in cash to get it done BUT if 100 other people are doing it too it might be rough (stuck w/ a bunch of KG records that you can't sell :lol: )

If all the swirl minds pull together for one epic limited pressing it could work.

I also wonder if this means the guys see the 5th album as a better offering? Either way very cool, creative, ground breaking way to do the thing.
It’s an awesome idea and the market is way over saturated. All these small
Psych labels are already pressing it and I’m sure more will follow. They’ve already got a small customer base to sell to. Loads of people are also trying to team up. I also think that ATO and Heavenly will also press it... because why not? I’d like to do something a little different with a pressing. I’m going to look into it.

Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Dr.Zissou wrote:
Melon wrote:
Dr.Zissou wrote:

Psych labels are already pressing it and I’m sure more will follow. They’ve already got a small customer base to sell to. Loads of people are also trying to team up. I also think that ATO and Heavenly will also press it... because why not? I’d like to do something a little different with a pressing. I’m going to look into it.

let me know what you find.. still open to pitching in with a group if we can figure something unique and keep the #'s low enough.
Last edited by Melon on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

Melon wrote:
Dr.Zissou wrote:
Melon wrote:
Dr.Zissou wrote:

let me know what you find.. still open to pitching in with a group if we can figure something unique and keep the #'s low enough. I wonder if the demos are "ours" too? I have those stashed somewhere.
I found a small local pressing plant. $2500 to press 300 on colorvinyl. That includes everything down to shrink wrap. Even includes the set up fees color labels and jackets.

achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

hoooly crap this is awesome!! freaking genius! surprised that TMR didnt come up with this

I would totally be in on this as a joint effort of a few swirler labels. I have a small label and just put in an order for 500 LPs with gotta groove and paid around $3k

One thing that would be cool to think about is how we can change things up so that we arent releasing the exact same release / artwork than the rest of the labels. Maybe we do some variation of the artwork?

Another idea, we could spin up a kickstarter to fund this and remove any risk

If anybody is serious about this we should take this conversation to email
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

I think I have found at least 6 labels releasing this...so ridiculous.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

Stl_ben wrote:I think I have found at least 6 labels releasing this...so ridiculous.
Every small psych label will be press this album.

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Dr.Zissou wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:I think I have found at least 6 labels releasing this...so ridiculous.
Every small psych label will be press this album.

Sounds like a good way for a bunch of labels to lose money.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net