Courtney Barnett

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Courtney Barnett

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Caught her again over the weekend and still can't say enough. Despite the rapidly growing capacity of her show venues she still manages to fill the space. However, still no vinyl offerings outside her main LP releases, grrrr. Now after two years of emptying carts in silent protest of overseas shipping I'm going to pay dearly for it.

If you have spares of any of Courtney's splits/singles releases please hit me up. If she's coming to your town then by all means go see her.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Re: Courtney Barnett

Post by dylnfan »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Caught her again over the weekend and still can't say enough. Despite the rapidly growing capacity of her show venues she still manages to fill the space. However, still no vinyl offerings outside her main LP releases, grrrr. Now after two years of emptying carts in silent protest of overseas shipping I'm going to pay dearly for it.

If you have spares of any of Courtney's splits/singles releases please hit me up. If she's coming to your town then by all means go see her.
Ordered first pressings of the split/EP and her latest (white wax from AU) last month...paid dearly :(
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

She's AMAZING. I picked up the first press of A Sea of Split Peas from her label back before it got bigger distro. In the notes I asked if Courtney could sign it if she was around, and she did! :D
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

I picked up a copy of the "I've Got A Friend Called Emily Ferris" 10" from her label's bandcamp a month or two back and it also came signed without even putting in a request! If I recall correctly they had a small alotment added to the site a couple of months earlier as well so it might be worth check the site from time to time.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

She was on late night with Jimmy Fallon the other night. I'm sure it's up on the site by now
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
JJS14
Little Bird

Post by JJS14 »

Can't stop listening to Courtney Barnett! She's fantastic! Wish I knew about her from the very beginning. The vinyl and the slip mat! I would have been all over that.
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Finally saw Courtney and her band this weekend (long overdue!). Actually caught up with her and Bones for a few words after the show. Very righteous people!
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

ISO - I've Got A Friend Called Emily Ferris 10"
Mount Beauty/History Eraser split 7"

FT - Needle In The Hay / Swan Street Swagger split 7"

:D