Lillie Mae Rische

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Re: Lillie Mae Rische

Post by Aquamarine »

arewhyehen wrote:
dunedin wrote:^ I already know this song from her "Rain On The Piano" CD from a few years ago, but I prefer the new version. I like this one much more than the first single.
Agreed. This is something I would turn on a lot more than her first song. I am looking forward to the new album. I really wish TMR was doing something at their Nashville shop for the release on April 14th. I am still hoping they will have a blue room show.....but at this point I am doubtful. I will be in town for the day for my birthday so I am just hoping..haha
Same here (the hoping part, not the being in town/birthday part). I'm wondering if they're holding it over for RSD or something. :? Seems odd that they wouldn't have a release party at all.

Though it occurs to me that the 14th is Good Friday, perhaps they want to avoid the holiday weekend.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Aquamarine wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
dunedin wrote:^ I already know this song from her "Rain On The Piano" CD from a few years ago, but I prefer the new version. I like this one much more than the first single.
Agreed. This is something I would turn on a lot more than her first song. I am looking forward to the new album. I really wish TMR was doing something at their Nashville shop for the release on April 14th. I am still hoping they will have a blue room show.....but at this point I am doubtful. I will be in town for the day for my birthday so I am just hoping..haha
Same here (the hoping part, not the being in town/birthday part). I'm wondering if they're holding it over for RSD or something. :? Seems odd that they wouldn't have a release party at all.
I know they have the limited edition single for RSD at both locations, but an official release party would be great. I am ok with it being RSD as well. I'll be back in Nashville for that.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

For those folks who'd been hoping for a Blue Room show, TMR answered your prayers-- https://www.facebook.com/events/231878913954383/
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:For those folks who'd been hoping for a Blue Room show, TMR answered your prayers-- https://www.facebook.com/events/231878913954383/
The wrong day! Haha. Was hoping for my birthday, but I have decided on Loretta at Ryman instead. I won't be in Nashville on the 10th, sadly.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

From the TMR Website... I guess we know what one of the RSD releases will be now. It was announced before that there would be a limited single, but now announced on yellow vinyl..
Last but not least, show attendees can hold on to their ticket and bring it to Third Man Records Nashville on April 22nd for Record Store Day to exchange for a FREE limited edition version of Lillie Mae's 7" single of "Over The Hills and Through The Woods" on yellow vinyl (while supplies last, first come, first served).
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

More solid colored special 7"s...plus side is that means most likely it will be at stores all over.
Down side is...Tris look so pretty?!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:More solid colored special 7"s...plus side is that means most likely it will be at stores all over.
Down side is...Tris look so pretty?!
The old tri's look pretty. New ones were lacking...

I am a little disappointed there are no more tris. I was really hoping for that Copper/White/Black Steady as She Goes tri..
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

This was an excellent show, glad my wish came true! They were filming as well as recording. No black and blue, so I assume maybe a future Vault release?
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Lillie Mae opening for Pokey LaFarge at the Mercury Lounge, Nashville, on 22 June

https://twitter.com/mercylounge/status/ ... 6814778368

Edit: Also Magic Stick, Detroit on the 17 June, The Vogue Indianapolis on 21 June, and Grey Eagle, Ashville NC on 25 June. Possibly more.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Just been listening to her album, which I think is excellent--strong songs, inspired musicianship. Includes contributions from Dean Fertita, and percussion by "Cool" Whip Triplet--good to see he's still gainfully employed. ;)

Also, download card!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Been deciding between the Detroit and Toronto shows this summer for Pokey. Found out yesterday that Lillie Mae is opening for Pokey at the Detroit show...made it a no brainer.. Pretty excited.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Lillie Mae on The Late Show with Colbert CBS 27 June.