Royal Blood

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Royal Blood

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Thoroughly enjoyable in a 200 pp venue. Just a bass & kit. Thought some people around here might enjoy the sound. Perfectly friendly fellas too. First album drops next month.

"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Royal Blood

Post by arewhyehen »

These guys have been a pretty big hit around here. They get a lot of radio play
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

arewhyehen wrote:These guys have been a pretty big hit around here. They get a lot of radio play
Heh, yeah. They aren't obscure around here either but I thought the same thing when the Band of Skulls thread started up and I was surprised how many people hadn't heard of them. So I posted it for those who maybe don't hear them incessantly. For what its worth, I found them better in person than recorded. Also, its the first strictly bass/drum duo I'd seen live and I was pleasantly surprised.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:These guys have been a pretty big hit around here. They get a lot of radio play
Heh, yeah. They aren't obscure around here either but I thought the same thing when the Band of Skulls thread started up and I was surprised how many people hadn't heard of them. So I posted it for those who maybe don't hear them incessantly. For what its worth, I found them better in person than recorded. Also, its the first strictly bass/drum duo I'd seen live and I was pleasantly surprised.
Have you never seen Death From Above 1979? They are a bass and drum duo and IMO a much better band than Royal Blood.They have also been together for a lot longer (although they split for 10 years almost...they did some shows but no new music for that long). Anyways, if you have never seen them live, it is a MUST! They are still one of my favourite bands and their album You're A Woman, I'm A Machine is one of my favourite albums. It gets a lot of spin time. Also love the fact that they are local guys. They just announced their new album and tour dates so check them out when they are near you.

http://www.deathfromabove1979.com/#

Edit: Sorry, I just reread and saw it was your first bass/drum duo. I thought you said best.. I guess you haven't seen DFA then. You definitely need to.
uraschmoe
Little Bird

Post by uraschmoe »

Just picked up their album, lovin it :thumbup:
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

uraschmoe wrote:Just picked up their album, lovin it :thumbup:
Yeah I have really been enjoying what I have heard from these guys so far. I wonder if they released their album on vinyl :D
uraschmoe
Little Bird

Post by uraschmoe »

arewhyehen wrote:
uraschmoe wrote:Just picked up their album, lovin it :thumbup:
Yeah I have really been enjoying what I have heard from these guys so far. I wonder if they released their album on vinyl :D
Yeah I ordered it on vinyl w/ download code. Nice clean record too, sounds great.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

They've been shortlisted for the Mercury prize too, which might mean nothing to people across the pond but is a big deal in the UK. Closest equivalent I can think of is the Polaris prize in Canada.
Patient B1003
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

grumblestiltskin wrote:They've been shortlisted for the Mercury prize too, which might mean nothing to people across the pond but is a big deal in the UK. Closest equivalent I can think of is the Polaris prize in Canada.
Very cool. There is a pretty impressive short list on the Polaris Music Award this year. My friends in radio know much more about it than I do, but it is a big deal for sure.
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

#2 album in the UK last week. Not a bad start. GREAT album although it is JayDub meets QOTSA
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

destijl wrote:#2 album in the UK last week. Not a bad start. GREAT album although it is JayDub meets QOTSA
They play them so much on the radio I'm already sick of em
Never trust a hippy
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

A bit late to this band

Got the hmv inverted sleeve lp today

Enjoying it more than expected
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Really looking forward to these guys opening for the Foo Fighters on Wednesday and Thursday...Should put on a hell of a loud live show.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

New album up for preorder www.royalbloodband.com! Limited signed vinyl options.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chrono_1980 wrote:New album up for preorder http://www.royalbloodband.com! Limited signed vinyl options.
Just ordered the LP (signed) but it didn't say anywhere in the check out that it was signed. Anyone elses say in the description that it was signed? I saw the deluxe was sold out but it didn't say anywhere that the regular LP (signed) was sold out
Last edited by arewhyehen on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.