The Official Pearl Jam Sucks Thread

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
Grimtale
Little People

Re: The Official Pearl Jam Sucks Thread

Post by Grimtale »

IamFrank007 wrote:Ten and Vs. are great records, the rest I don't own and will not buy. Nirvana,Soundgarden and Alice In Chains are much better,IMO.... Those I have all the Lp's. As for Dylan, not my cup of tea,I prefer my music loud and heavy,with booming bass and dirty guitar. Rage Against The Machine rocks an awesome "Maggie's Farm"....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmceSj07_fs
RATM is one of my ATF bands too. I do recall... if it weren't for Dylan, RATM would have no Maggie's Farm to rock out..
Along with countless others.

I have to say, I don't count anything Dylan has done since the 80's as Dylan. The same as Jack in red pants and jumping around with his Airline at Dylans age wouldn't quite be the same. But the 60's & 70's Dylan, nothing on this earth can touch... with the exception of Sabbath era Ozzy IMO.
Ozzy is 1/3 of why I am who I am, Dylan another 1/3, the rest was just a blurr....
Grim
I am everything you hate...
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

IamFrank007 wrote:Ten and Vs. are great records, the rest I don't own and will not buy. Nirvana,Soundgarden and Alice In Chains are much better,IMO.... Those I have all the Lp's.
AIC were totally the best thing to come out of that whole Seattle scene. Larry Cantrell is a monster and I loved the group's vocal harmonies.
IamFrank007 wrote:Rage Against The Machine rocks an awesome "Maggie's Farm"....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmceSj07_fs
I don't really listen to RATM but Tom Morello is a total badass. Loved his version of Springsteen's "Ghost of Tom Joad."
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

dylnfan wrote:
Kaber wrote:Dylan Live these days is lame. His back is turned to the audience and the show is very poor.
Really, when was the last time you saw him? I've seen him about a dozen times and never once did he play w/his back to the audience. RE the show itself, now your just spouting crazy-talk. Granted there was a slight recalibration when Larry Campbell and Charlie Sexton split (Charlie's back now by the way), but that was a minor hiccup. Oh yeah, and one other thing, Tony Garnier and George Receli are the strongest rhythm section since Paul Chambers and Philly Joe Jones.
i'm not a dylan fan, particularly, but i'll side with anyone that name-drops chambers and philly joe...
he is everything i hate...
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Grimtale wrote:
IamFrank007 wrote:The rest was just a blurr....
God damn, I can relate to that. :lol:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Its very rare that I come along music that I don't like. I just absolutely love music...The kind made with real instruments....
so rap music you can go fuck yourself...for the most part its awful
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

dylnfan wrote:
IamFrank007 wrote:Ten and Vs. are great records, the rest I don't own and will not buy. Nirvana,Soundgarden and Alice In Chains are much better,IMO.... Those I have all the Lp's.
AIC were totally the best thing to come out of that whole Seattle scene. Larry Cantrell :oops: is a monster and I loved the group's vocal harmonies.
IamFrank007 wrote:Rage Against The Machine rocks an awesome "Maggie's Farm"....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmceSj07_fs
I don't really listen to RATM but Tom Morello is a total badass. Loved his version of Springsteen's "Ghost of Tom Joad."
Sorry, but I have to call you out because its Jerry Cantrell :lol:
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

dylnfan wrote:AIC were totally the best thing to come out of that whole Seattle scene. Larry Cantrell is a monster and I loved the group's vocal harmonies.
Damn, busted! You're totally right Greg, it is Jerry. Damn it's been a long time since I listened to that old "Facelift" cassette...that's right cassette! :lol:

- Cmelo
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

greginchains wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
AIC were totally the best thing to come out of that whole Seattle scene. Larry Cantrell :oops: is a monster and I loved the group's vocal harmonies.
Sorry, but I have to call you out because its Jerry Cantrell :lol:
Look at ya...G, waitin' in the wings. Well, I'll speak up: Pearl Jam has done and HAD done more in the way of creating better music than Nirvava even before Pearl Jam WERE Pearl Jam. Mother Love Bone/Mookie Blaylock's ball sweat are more prolific than Nirvana. Nirvana is ok..."cool" even, but seriously, PJ are superior. And EV, damn, his Into The Wild album is one of the best fucking things to EVER grace this puny planet. Of course, these are all just opinions since music IS subjective, it being the art it is, and none of us are either right or wrong...except that it is "Jerry Cantrell" :lol:
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

mojoryan wrote:
greginchains wrote:Mookie Blaylock's ball sweat are more prolific than Nirvana.
:lol:

- Cmelo
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

The Eddie Vedder LP Into The Wild is my personal single favorite, most meaningful album ever IMO. The music and lyrics on that album takes me to a place that nothing else does, and that place can be described as beautiful, perfect, amazing, and inspiring. Need I say more. Didn't think so :D

Oh yeah, Pearl Jam rocks, too. Ten and Vs. can hold up to any album of its time. Sure they had their spell of -eh- , but they are still a very good rock band.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I'm finding peeps here I like more and more every day.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

dylnfan wrote:
dylnfan wrote:AIC were totally the best thing to come out of that whole Seattle scene. Larry Cantrell is a monster and I loved the group's vocal harmonies.
Damn, busted! You're totally right Greg, it is Jerry. Damn it's been a long time since I listened to that old "Facelift" cassette...that's right cassette! :lol:
How about long box....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

IamFrank007 wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
How about long box....
Nice. 8-)

- Cmelo
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

elduderino wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
Kaber wrote:Dylan Live these days is lame. His back is turned to the audience and the show is very poor.
Really, when was the last time you saw him? I've seen him about a dozen times and never once did he play w/his back to the audience. RE the show itself, now your just spouting crazy-talk. Granted there was a slight recalibration when Larry Campbell and Charlie Sexton split (Charlie's back now by the way), but that was a minor hiccup. Oh yeah, and one other thing, Tony Garnier and George Receli are the strongest rhythm section since Paul Chambers and Philly Joe Jones.
i'm not a dylan fan, particularly, but i'll side with anyone that name-drops chambers and philly joe...
I knew there was a reason I instinctively liked you Duder...I'm into the whole brevity thing. 8-)

- Cmelo
13lovemusic
Little Cream Soda

Post by 13lovemusic »

I' ve seen his concert last time in June this year. 2. row. I came back to home at midnight and couldn't sleep all night. I saw him last year too. The same. Nothing better for me there as Bob Dylan. I bought my first Dylan record 32 years ago and last two weeks ago. Love forever and ever.