Little Acorn

Re: Greenhornes at the Basement Nashville

Post by colditz »

yep - count me in for a gig poster.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I'm prob in for a gig poster too. Unless you guys decide to make some ugly mamma jamma of a poster.. but I'm sure it'll be great.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

This is kinda badass we have some kind of input before a poster is made... I feel kinda special / powerful.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:I'm prob in for a gig poster too. Unless you guys decide to make some ugly mamma jamma of a poster.. but I'm sure it'll be great.
I think you just questioned East Attic's artistic ability and integrity. The only resolution I see is for you guys to fight at the show. I would not worry two members of East Attic are like 5 2" the other guy is not a midget but I am pretty sure you could take him as well. I will introduce all of you at the show so you guys can work it out.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Post by JoseyWales »

Im in, if I dont make it myself
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Hat me! Won't be able to make it to the gig, but would love a print to commemorate the "reunion" gig. :D
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

I'm in for one, looking forward to seeing what you guy's come up with.
80sskatebetty
Little Cream Soda

Post by 80sskatebetty »

I'm in for one as well. I will be in Nashville but will miss the show by 4 days, sadly. I can pick it up at The Basement or Grimey's if you want to leave it with Mike to save on any shipping. Whatever works.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Saw Patrick and Craig at the Ryman last night they seem excited about the show. I am really looking forward to this one.

Hopefully East Attic will get there act together and come up with something good. I got to see the Black Keys with them last night and they have some interesting ideas for a poster.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

So who all is going to the show? Me and the wife will be there, my friends from East Attic will be there with an awesome poster that I got a peek at yesterday. Who else?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Meg and I will be there. Josh and Leslie too I think. I'm pretty sure Lindsay (DayTripper) from Louisville will be there as well.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I'll be there. Ya'll buying the drinks?
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
will_hodge
Little Bird

Post by will_hodge »

I'll be there with my lovely. If she's not feeling any better, just look for the glassied-eyed girl who'll be reeking of Nyquil.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Wow what a great show. The Greenhornes sounded great and it was a really cool atmosphere. Blackwell, Swank and Brendan were all there and having a blast beside the stage. I think everyone was thrilled to see the Greenhornes back together and the band played an awesome set. I am really digging the new single and the whole show was great. I got to talk to Patrick, Little Jack and Craig Fox. They were all super nice and signed my poster. Patrick even gave me a set of drumsticks to take home to my son.

On a side note East Attic designed a killer poster and had some really cool handbills too printed in metallic inks. I will post pictures later and I know they have some leftover for sale so if you want one hit them up.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

The Greenhornes were amazing! LJ really gets into it and is fun to watch. I've only seen PK once with the Racs and didn't really pay attention to him much, but holy shit he is an awesome drummer. Craig was well, Craig. I really think the Greenhornes would have become much more popular if Craig was more of an enthusiastic front man. I'm sure he is having a good time and all, but he just seems really bored up on stage, especially next to PK and LJ at least.

Didn't really care too much for Carl Broemel though. Sure he was a good musician but every song that was played sounded exactly like the last and they were so slow and boring, the crowd talked through most of his set, or were playing on their phones or just looking tired.

We lucked out and got spots right in front of / next to LJ. Unfortunately I had a big guy in front of me all night that i had to look over one shoulder to see LJ and PK and then look over the other shoulder to see Craig. We were also lucky to have a fan right next to us for half the night. Made it much more bearable in the heat of the basement. Midway through the Greenhornes some girl flipped the fan around towards the 'VIP' section, oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Saw lots of TMR staff there tonight as well, which was expected. Talked to Swank for a bit too. Managed to get a set list at the end as well. I liked the poster and saw some of the merch but sadly only had $1 in cash on me so couldn't afford anything. Luckily Swank was at the door handing out the tickets back to people that wanted them.

Here's what they played:
Can't Stand It
End of the Night
Going to the River
I'm Going Away
Too Much Sorrow
Underestimator
Saying Goodbye
Hold Me
There's An End
Shelter of Your Arms
At Night
Lies
Hightime Baby
Lost Woman
(Encore)
Pattern Skies
Hard Times
I'll Go Crazy

and they had 3 others for the encore that they didn't play
Shadow of Grief
Stay Away Girl
Things She Says