King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Discuss non-TMR bands in here

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby chaptertwentyone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:05 pm

"HI, WE'RE THE WHITE STRIPES FROM SOUTHWEST DETROIT
AND WE'RE HAPPY TO GIVE YOU A HALF HOUR OF LITTLE WHITE LIES."
User avatar
chaptertwentyone
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby Melon » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:56 pm

that has got to be the most frustrating record i've ever come across. Been checking the site multiple times a day for a month then it drops and sells out all while i'm driving home from work :shock: good for the boys but damn :(

There's no way to keep up. I'm thinking about switching to standard ATO black for the gizz stuff. Scope my merch stand.
houses are full of things that gather dust
User avatar
Melon
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:59 am

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby chaptertwentyone » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:46 pm

I've streamed a little of "Brunswick" and it's a little bit of a funky and soulful step from Paper Mache.
"HI, WE'RE THE WHITE STRIPES FROM SOUTHWEST DETROIT
AND WE'RE HAPPY TO GIVE YOU A HALF HOUR OF LITTLE WHITE LIES."
User avatar
chaptertwentyone
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby Melon » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:52 am

chaptertwentyone wrote:I've streamed a little of "Brunswick" and it's a little bit of a funky and soulful step from Paper Mache.

agreed. it's like paper mache and quarters had a baby.
houses are full of things that gather dust
User avatar
Melon
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:59 am

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby chaptertwentyone » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:41 am

In the presence of a mirror, my sensory foax-organs detect discontent on my facial image. I cry a digital tear. Motor fluid. Escaping to the floor, it reflects my silhouette. Frigid, slouched, callous. My smell escapes me. A rancid odour. I am everywhere. I am light. I am a reflection. I am that which I am. And I am violent. And I want it to end. Stillness from the grinding gears. I am a raging droid, with a full tank of propellant. Flick the switch. Turn them off. Standby. Cut the cord. Death is a lamb in a wolf’s clothes. A blessing from the lord satan. I am on the altar. I want it. The saccharine of eternal rest. I wish to consume it’s sickly syrup, and lick it from my many fingers. Take me into the moonless night. I need it. Any way I pass will do.


"HI, WE'RE THE WHITE STRIPES FROM SOUTHWEST DETROIT
AND WE'RE HAPPY TO GIVE YOU A HALF HOUR OF LITTLE WHITE LIES."
User avatar
chaptertwentyone
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby Melon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:34 pm

If any swirl labels want to band together to create the greatest vinyl release of Poly let me know I'll pitch in. Thinking about going for it but I'm afraid of 100 other people doing it too and then being stuck with a bunch of KG records....
houses are full of things that gather dust
User avatar
Melon
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:59 am

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby Dr.Zissou » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Melon wrote:If any swirl labels want to band together to create the greatest vinyl release of Poly let me know I'll pitch in. Thinking about going for it but I'm afraid of 100 other people doing it too and then being stuck with a bunch of KG records....


I want to press this so bad


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby Melon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Dr.Zissou wrote:
Melon wrote:If any swirl labels want to band together to create the greatest vinyl release of Poly let me know I'll pitch in. Thinking about going for it but I'm afraid of 100 other people doing it too and then being stuck with a bunch of KG records....


I want to press this so bad


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was super keen when I first read it, now i'm thinking the market may be too saturated. I don't mind throwing in cash to get it done BUT if 100 other people are doing it too it might be rough (stuck w/ a bunch of KG records that you can't sell :lol: )


If all the swirl minds pull together for one epic limited pressing it could work.

I also wonder if this means the guys see the 5th album as a better offering? Either way very cool, creative, ground breaking way to do the thing.
houses are full of things that gather dust
User avatar
Melon
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:59 am

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby Dr.Zissou » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:10 pm

Melon wrote:
Dr.Zissou wrote:
Melon wrote:If any swirl labels want to band together to create the greatest vinyl release of Poly let me know I'll pitch in. Thinking about going for it but I'm afraid of 100 other people doing it too and then being stuck with a bunch of KG records....


I want to press this so bad


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was super keen when I first read it, now i'm thinking the market may be too saturated. I don't mind throwing in cash to get it done BUT if 100 other people are doing it too it might be rough (stuck w/ a bunch of KG records that you can't sell :lol: )


If all the swirl minds pull together for one epic limited pressing it could work.

I also wonder if this means the guys see the 5th album as a better offering? Either way very cool, creative, ground breaking way to do the thing.


It’s an awesome idea and the market is way over saturated. All these small
Psych labels are already pressing it and I’m sure more will follow. They’ve already got a small customer base to sell to. Loads of people are also trying to team up. I also think that ATO and Heavenly will also press it... because why not? I’d like to do something a little different with a pressing. I’m going to look into it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby Melon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Dr.Zissou wrote:
Melon wrote:
Dr.Zissou wrote:
Melon wrote:If any swirl labels want to band together to create the greatest vinyl release of Poly let me know I'll pitch in. Thinking about going for it but I'm afraid of 100 other people doing it too and then being stuck with a bunch of KG records....


I want to press this so bad


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was super keen when I first read it, now i'm thinking the market may be too saturated. I don't mind throwing in cash to get it done BUT if 100 other people are doing it too it might be rough (stuck w/ a bunch of KG records that you can't sell :lol: )


If all the swirl minds pull together for one epic limited pressing it could work.

I also wonder if this means the guys see the 5th album as a better offering? Either way very cool, creative, ground breaking way to do the thing.


It’s an awesome idea and the market is way over saturated. All these small
Psych labels are already pressing it and I’m sure more will follow. They’ve already got a small customer base to sell to. Loads of people are also trying to team up. I also think that ATO and Heavenly will also press it... because why not? I’d like to do something a little different with a pressing. I’m going to look into it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

let me know what you find.. still open to pitching in with a group if we can figure something unique and keep the #'s low enough.
Last edited by Melon on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
houses are full of things that gather dust
User avatar
Melon
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:59 am

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby Dr.Zissou » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Melon wrote:
Dr.Zissou wrote:
Melon wrote:
Dr.Zissou wrote:
Melon wrote:If any swirl labels want to band together to create the greatest vinyl release of Poly let me know I'll pitch in. Thinking about going for it but I'm afraid of 100 other people doing it too and then being stuck with a bunch of KG records....


I want to press this so bad


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was super keen when I first read it, now i'm thinking the market may be too saturated. I don't mind throwing in cash to get it done BUT if 100 other people are doing it too it might be rough (stuck w/ a bunch of KG records that you can't sell :lol: )


If all the swirl minds pull together for one epic limited pressing it could work.

I also wonder if this means the guys see the 5th album as a better offering? Either way very cool, creative, ground breaking way to do the thing.


It’s an awesome idea and the market is way over saturated. All these small
Psych labels are already pressing it and I’m sure more will follow. They’ve already got a small customer base to sell to. Loads of people are also trying to team up. I also think that ATO and Heavenly will also press it... because why not? I’d like to do something a little different with a pressing. I’m going to look into it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

let me know what you find.. still open to pitching in with a group if we can figure something unique and keep the #'s low enough. I wonder if the demos are "ours" too? I have those stashed somewhere.


I found a small local pressing plant. $2500 to press 300 on colorvinyl. That includes everything down to shrink wrap. Even includes the set up fees color labels and jackets.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby achouza » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm

hoooly crap this is awesome!! freaking genius! surprised that TMR didnt come up with this

I would totally be in on this as a joint effort of a few swirler labels. I have a small label and just put in an order for 500 LPs with gotta groove and paid around $3k

One thing that would be cool to think about is how we can change things up so that we arent releasing the exact same release / artwork than the rest of the labels. Maybe we do some variation of the artwork?

Another idea, we could spin up a kickstarter to fund this and remove any risk

If anybody is serious about this we should take this conversation to email
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
User avatar
achouza
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:29 am

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby Stl_ben » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:33 pm

I think I have found at least 6 labels releasing this...so ridiculous.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
User avatar
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant
 
Posts: 7076
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:48 pm
Location: st louis missouri

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby Dr.Zissou » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:35 pm

Stl_ben wrote:I think I have found at least 6 labels releasing this...so ridiculous.

Every small psych label will be press this album.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Postby Stl_ben » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:26 pm

Dr.Zissou wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:I think I have found at least 6 labels releasing this...so ridiculous.

Every small psych label will be press this album.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good way for a bunch of labels to lose money.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
User avatar
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant
 
Posts: 7076
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:48 pm
Location: st louis missouri

PreviousNext

Return to Other Bands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest