King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
Hair
Little Acorn

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Post by Hair »

The general merch page mentions the first 400 physical orders receive a signed booklet, doesn't mention whether it is the 40 page tab booklet or not but that's my guess:
http://atorecords.com/papermachedreamballoon/
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

Also the ATO pre-order comes with an immediate download of the title track, sounds great.

Edit: Looks like the Flightless tri-colour is sold out, new option is a "deluxe colour in colour - ultra clear vinyl with pink blob", also limited to 1000 but no mention of the 40 page tab/lyric booklet.
https://kinggizzard....h-dream-balloon
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Any of you check out The Babe Rainbow? They are on Flightless and they have a debut EP dropping and a limited 10" thats about to go the way of the dodo on their site. Pure psyche tasty nuggets all 4 tracks.

http://thebaberainbow.bandcamp.com/albu ... rainbow-ep

Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

it was pretty disappointing that the vinyl release got pushed back for the Babe Rainbow, but i've been listening to it since it got a digital release and the more i listen the more I like it.

Anyone think there might be an indie exclusive version of this? or one of those famous ATO "bootlegs" like they did for The Alabama Shakes and Primus a few years ago. I tired to get some info through the contact us page on the ATO website but when they finally got back to me, they didn't answer my question.
exoskel
Little Bird

Post by exoskel »

Here's the poster Im doing for their brooklyn show next month. As usual I'll have them for sale there.

Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Poster looks rad^

I really hope Castle Face & Co. pull off a King Gizzard Live in SF soon!
houses are full of things that gather dust
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

exoskel wrote:Here's the poster Im doing for their brooklyn show next month. As usual I'll have them for sale there.

Really bummed that I probably won't be able to go to this show. The poster is sick and if you haven't checked out Michael Rault... you might want to.
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

Thought I was heading out of town this Wednesday but not leaving until Thursday now, psyched to say I'll be at the LA show! My friend Liz's new band Mind Meld is opening as well, featuring members of Endless Bummer & Hoover III / Jesus Sons, they're worth showing up early for.

Are we expecting the merch table to be fairly light on vinyl?
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Hair wrote:Thought I was heading out of town this Wednesday but not leaving until Thursday now, psyched to say I'll be at the LA show! My friend Liz's new band Mind Meld is opening as well, featuring members of Endless Bummer & Hoover III / Jesus Sons, they're worth showing up early for.

Are we expecting the merch table to be fairly light on vinyl?
on their last US leg all they had was an awesome and now sold out t shirt. please update us if they have anything new and whats available.
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

Will do! Hoping they might have had a few of those shirts allocated for tour merch, they looked sweet.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

so epic! highly recommended show for sure.

merch side: quarters & I'm In Your Mind Fuzz + a cool shirt (which can be seen on instagram) white, black, pink options.
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

Agreed! Didn't cop any merch (kind of regret it) but show was fantastic, seeing the "I'm In Your Mind" suite live (let alone as a set opener) blew me away
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Hair wrote:Agreed! Didn't cop any merch (kind of regret it) but show was fantastic, seeing the "I'm In Your Mind" suite live (let alone as a set opener) blew me away
Its so insane, I'm happy to see them conquering the west. lord knows they have made the east coast their bitch for a few years. their the kind of band that literally blows your mind open live.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

anybody see photos floating around from the echo show? I mean besides instagram.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Anybody know what type of microphone stu is using? looks like some vintage thing.

ALSO KEXP video rules:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W19twyYD2Q