WED 12/19/2012: Brooklyn, New York - Death By Audio w/ MMOSS
THU 12/20/2012: Charlottesville, Virginia - Twisted Branch Tea Bazaar
*FRI 12/21/2012: Knoxville, Tennessee - Pilot Light
SAT 12/22/2012: Nashville, Tennessee - Stone Fox

*End of the world

& their self titled album is out on Burger
http://www.burgerrecords.org/apps/webst ... ow/3570617

second video is pretty early
Last edited by dcmak5 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Re: The Paperhead (stream a track from their new LP)

Post by dcmak5 »

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2 ... d_r_1.html

Trouble In Mind has debuted the album art and announced a November 11 release date for The Paperheads new LP Africa Avenue, and are streaming the first song from the record via soundcloud.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Re: The Paperhead (east coast tour starts tomorrow)

Post by dcmak5 »

The Paperhead are starting their east coast tour tomorrow
catch them at one of the following dates
It also looks like they'll have copies of their new album for sale on tour before it comes out officially on Nov 11

10/20 Danbury, CT (Heirloom Arts Theatre)
10/22 New York City (Union Pool)
10/23 New York City (Cake Shop)
10/25 New York City (Rough Trade)
10/27 Boston (MIddle East)
10/29 Cleveland (Happpy Dog)
10/31 Oberlin, OH (Mike's Garage)
11/01 Chicago (Empty Bottle)
11/02 Chicago (Permanent Records)
11/03 Milwaukee (Frank's Power Plant)
11/04 St. Louis (Plush)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Re: The Paperhead (east coast tour 2014 starts tomorrow)

Post by Dr.Zissou »

I'm going to try and get to the 10/23 show and snag a copy of the new album.
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

awesome!
most of the NYC shows are with Ultimate Painting, Doug Tuttle, Estrogen Highs, and Negative Scanner so it should be pretty sweet
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

dcmak5 wrote:awesome!
most of the NYC shows are with Ultimate Painting, Doug Tuttle, Estrogen Highs, and Negative Scanner so it should be pretty sweet
Got the new album, I'm really digging it. Great sound for sure. I purchased it at The Cake shop and got gray marbled vinyl. The show was pretty good, a little lite on the crowd by the time The Paperhead came on, but I personally enjoyed it :thumbup:
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Re: The Paperhead

Post by dcmak5 »

oh yeah was that the 2AM show?
i'm a fan of all their stuff, but this album might be their best
and i assumed the colored copies were all close to orange because of that pic but the one I got ended up being a pretty defined red. I guess the colors are all random
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

They went on at midnight. I thought the vinyl would be red based off the pictures I've seen on Facebook and Twitter but mine is very dark gray, marbled with specks of color. I thought it was black before I took it out of the sleeve. This album is a gem.
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

This is what my copy looks like
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414769448.990425.jpg
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

looks sweet!

i just realized the "black vinyl" i thought they posted a pic of is actually that grey swirl
i hope some of the copies have the grey swirl mixed evenly with the red/orange
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

yeah it's actually really dark, but the flash shows you all the color that's there. I wonder if the mail order version will be the red/orange. I guess we'll see when they send out the email. I'm still working on getting the two earlier albums on color vinyl, I have the s/t album on black and i don't own "Focus in on" The looking glass.
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

Dr.Zissou wrote:yeah it's actually really dark, but the flash shows you all the color that's there. I wonder if the mail order version will be the red/orange. I guess we'll see when they send out the email. I'm still working on getting the two earlier albums on color vinyl, I have the s/t album on black and i don't own "Focus in on" The looking glass.
I'd assume it's all random. you know how mixed vinyl can be, one end of the pressing can have drastically different colors than another
also, not that it's impossible but I've never heard of TIM pulling and selling specific colors from their mixed vinyl. the past few colored pressings had similar variances too

and I'll definitely keep an eye out for ya. every once in a while one pops up on Discogs for around $25
Eduardo
Little Bird

Post by Eduardo »

dcmak5 wrote: I'd assume it's all random. you know how mixed vinyl can be, one end of the pressing can have drastically different colors than another
also, not that it's impossible but I've never heard of TIM pulling and selling specific colors from their mixed vinyl. the past few colored pressings had similar variances too
With regards to Trouble in Mind, there is definitely recent precedence for a separate mailorder specific color in addition to the standard mixed vinyl first pressing. A couple examples include the recent Liminanas comp (white), the Soft Walls record (lavender), and the Morgan Delt LP (neon).
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

Eduardo wrote:
dcmak5 wrote: I'd assume it's all random. you know how mixed vinyl can be, one end of the pressing can have drastically different colors than another
With regards to Trouble in Mind, there is definitely recent precedence for a separate mailorder specific color in addition to the standard mixed vinyl first pressing. A couple examples include the recent Liminanas comp (white), the Soft Walls record (lavender), and the Morgan Delt LP (neon).
sweet! well that's quite a possibility for this considering how different those two colors are
dr.dano
Little Cream Soda

Post by dr.dano »

is third man putting out a live 7" ?