White Fence

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
hsp88
Little Ghost

Re: White Fence

Post by hsp88 »

drag city albums don't come with digital downloads do they? has anyone received this LP yet?
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

No digital downloads (bummer) and no LP here yet.
They usually send an email once your order ships which I haven't received either. Strange considering it looks like this is already hitting stores.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

anyone get a shipping email? Was hoping to have this thing on release day!
houses are full of things that gather dust
bentlysalterton
Little Bird

Post by bentlysalterton »

nothing for me either. typically drag city gets their shit out in a timely manner. maybe something to do with logistics.
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

No shipping email here either! Strange considering Permanent, 1-2-3-4-Go and Reckless have all mentioned that the new LP is in stock.

My girlfriend saw the second LP release show at the Echo tonight and Ty joined on guitar/vocals /organ (during "Sandra") again. I sent her some money in case of merch (was hoping for a White Fence shirt but no dice) and ended up with a numbered show poster (#21/50) as well as a lyric sheet that Tim used during "The Light" (apparently the only song he has difficulty in remembering the lyrics).

She also recorded the majority of the show on her phone so I'll keep you all posted if that turns out to be listenable, I'm psyched regardless to hear these new songs live!
bentlysalterton
Little Bird

Post by bentlysalterton »

Got my shipping confirmation from DC today and then 45 minutes later it arrived at my door!
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

Awesome! Got a shipping email too, excited to finally spin this.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

did everyone remember the white fence/jack name drop today?
i hope so, 'cause dat splatter variant be sold out.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

I dropped the ball and forgot, if anyone grabbed an extra and hook me up please pm me! Otherwise I guess I'll have to wait till some show up on eBay or Somthing, the lamc's seem to available cheap usually
Eduardo
Little Bird

Post by Eduardo »

Same, busy this morning and not able to get to the White Fence / Jack Name preorder. Looking for an extra copy at a reasonable price, PM if you can help, thanks.
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

I managed to grab a copy of the splatter, pretty happy considering I've missed out on the rarer variants of the last two Famous Class releases I went for.

I'm seeing Jack Name support Ty at the end of the month so I'll see if he was allocated any of the splatter copies to sell on tour in case I can help some of you.
hierooo
Little Bird

Post by hierooo »

Psych for sore eyes Vol. 2, a limited double 7'' on Sonic Cathedral, features a new White Fence Song.

Other artists on this album are Morgan Delt, Damaged Bug, Psychic Ills, Prayer Meeting and Hills.

http://thequietus.com/articles/16339-so ... e-eyes-two

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=54C209FF
mahaw
Little Bird

Post by mahaw »

Wow that thing looks amazing. If anyone somehow comes across an extra copy, I'm definitely interested.

I see there's already one listed for $150 on eBay. Pretty ridiculous.
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

Picked up that Psych for Sore Eyes comp as well, can't wait to spin it.

White Fence is playing a short notice show in LA tonight at Mad Ave (317 N Westmoreland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90004) for only $5. I've been told that Tim takes the stage at 8:30. If you can't make it the band will apparently be playing a much bigger hometown show towards the end of the year.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Just have to say that while I've gotten to appreciate Manipulator more over the past two weeks, I still think WF's new one smoke's Ty's by a country mile. Listened to both last night, and the latest WF album is my favorite album of 2014. The lyrics are great (the lyrics on Ty's album are its weakest component), the songs have more depth, and I just think it's a fuckin' awesome album.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."