THE SHITE STRIPES

Discuss non-TMR bands in here
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

THE SHITE STRIPES

Post by John Tom »

Have anyone across the pond had a chance to see this tribute band? They're based in Brighton GB…

Here's their website: http://www.theshitestripes.com
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
love_islander
Little People

Re: THE SHITE STRIPES

Post by love_islander »

What is this? I don't even...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I am not really sure how they pronounce their name but I keep wanting to say Shitty Stripes lol
Also they don't even have their proper equipment to match Jack and Megs.. :thumbdown:
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

Agreed. I definitely wouldn't have gone with "shite". :crazy:

Huh! I hadn't thought about the fact that they don't have the correct equipment. Guess to have duplicate equipment is the gold standard for tribute bands…

If not the "Shitty Stripes", is there a USA based tribute band roaming around out there? Seems like it would be steady work… :lol:
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

Shite = shit over here. I think fairplay. He does a fair vocal interpretation of JW, not so hot on the guitar technique. If they are doing it for shits & giggles on the pub circuit then why not. I'd rather watch these and have a few beers than sit in front of the box and have a few beers. Maybe I just like having a few beers.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

John Tom wrote:Agreed. I definitely wouldn't have gone with "shite". :crazy:

Huh! I hadn't thought about the fact that they don't have the correct equipment. Guess to have duplicate equipment is the gold standard for tribute bands…

If not the "Shitty Stripes", is there a USA based tribute band roaming around out there? Seems like it would be steady work… :lol:
I am not sure it is a gold standard of a tribute band to have the exact equipment as the real band, but when they are iconic to the band like Jacks airline guitar and Meg's swirl drums, I think that would be one of the first things to acquire
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

looks like she has the bass drum head now. i'm actually really surprised by his voice.

these types of bands can be fun if they're really good and you're really drunk at a dive. that's about it.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

I kinda agree, his voice is pretty good... having heard a shit ton of tribute bands of all kinds, gotta say, not that bad... especially since it appears as if they don't take themselves too seriously...
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

I like this.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

There blue orchid is pretty dead on. I mean for a cover band how can you beat that? There great. Can tell they spent time on this. Come to America? lol would love to see some white stripes live. I mean jack plays white stripes live but its just not the same...