18. Routine On The Road

20 + 1 Questions V.2.
higherlimits
Little People

18. Routine On The Road

Post by higherlimits »

If you're on the road for months is there a routine as in like something you always do when you're in a different country/city? Something you enjoy doing to kill time?
subpopfan1
Pinball Wizard

Re: 18. Routine On The Road

Post by subpopfan1 »

My routine usually follows these lines: Wake up as close to check-out time as possible. Shower. Write a post card to my girlfriend. Hop in the van. Get breakfast. Sleep in the van while listening to my iPod. Try to read a book. Once in the next town I try to find the prominent record store/vintage clothing store/used book store and spend my hard-earned dough there. To the club for sound check. Try to eat at some kind of place that would be featured on "Diners, Dives and Drive-Ins". Sit around the club bored out of my fucking mind. Rock the shit out of the crowd, make them lose their collective mind. Towel off the sweat. Oversee the packing of our van with Tetris-like mastery. Check-in to the hotel at some ungodly hour. Kill time surfing the Internet. Realize that the complimentary breakfast will start in about an hour. Stay up, eat free breakfast (ideally with pour-your-own waffles) and then go to sleep.